Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

Just now, lgfualol said:

Glad I couldn't watch and unsurprised at the result.

Always think it's bad when any manager has to make changes at half time, especially 2. Ranieri did this a lot.

Anyway, hope we stay up. Need a win vs Hudders.

Staying up won't be the problem..  the point is we aren't progressing though, for me winning the league should have catapulted us forward more but I don't see too much different from when we were first in the league 

I thought we were okay today really. I thought Fuchs, N'Didi, Morgan, Maguire and Vardy were good.

I think we're probably where I thought we would be after these fixtures.....possible draw today maybe?

I think Shaky probably left Nacho out for Brighton to give him some toe-time? as rightly, we had enough in the locker to get a result. Silva is a huge blow though as I think Shaky would like him and N'Didi in the middle.....wow, I just got a twinge :-) 

No need to panic, we've had tough fixtures, and even though we've been beaten, we look to have a lot more about us than last season when we were getting our arse kicked big time. I would think Shaky will be looking to win next week and a draw or even a win against Liverpool? and then we can pick-up some points *salutes Magpie...touches wood...throws shrapnel into wishing well*

10 minutes ago, Bozman said:

That's my exact thoughts,seems a lot of we hold what we have and don't try to win the games till we go behind and didn't try to impose ourselves on the opposition, all pretty negative and as if the manager has no faith in our abillity

Exactly this. Very negative so far this season. 

I don't think any of the defenders did anything wrong throughout the game. 

Maguire was great again (made one error which could have cost us but other than that I thought he bossed it)

N'didi made a few errors but I thought he was probably our best player. He broke up a lot of their attacks and dominated Bakayogo (good to see him playing finally. He had a shocking time with us a few years back lol)

Vardy put himself about as he always does but it didn't really come off for him today other than the pen. 

Mahrez goes from spectacular to horrendous in the blink of an eye. Although I'd say overall he would only manage a 5/10 today.

And as some have said seeing King coming on doesn't inspire me at all. We need to sort out this Silva situation and get him out there quickly.

I can only imagine that Nacho isn't fit enough yet for the full 90 because playing Slim ahead of him was bewildering. Slim was crap today again and should have put us 1 up. 

Overall I don't think we deserved to win. We defended brilliantly up until their first and then failed to put NG under any pressure for his goal which ultimately cost us. At 1-0 I thought we could get a draw. A 2-0 I didn't. 

Shakey has bee defensive in the last to PL games. I'd like to see him back us to win 4-3 and not just be happy to lose 2-1 because "we tried". 

Frustrating. 

Slim screws up, they score.

Terribly soft second goal. 

We had the odd spell where we got going but generally they had it under control.

Wilf needs someone closer to him in midfield, he's great at winning the ball but we immediately give it back. 

7 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

It's a forum, we all have our own opinions. If Slimani had finished (as he should) in the first half we would have been a goal up and that would've put a different complexion on the game.

Thats true, but before that chance,Morata missed two great chances himself, one pass from Fabregas that he missed his kick and a great interception from Morgan, so by your logic we would still be2-1 up, but If i'm being honest, we both played like shit

I don't know why but it feels as there is a lack of togetherness about the squad at the moment - starting to remind me of the Sven days where we had some decent players but no real cohesiveness.

We were so slow and sloppy with our passing in the second half. Mahrez kept coming back to the half way line to get the ball - never made a run the other way to offer a forward threat.

Thought we were decent in the first half but a lapse in concentration and we went in a goal down. Think we have to play Matty James and Ndidi. King not quick or nimble enough to play in the prem for more than half an hour.

Felt we were far too negative. They were there for the taking in  the last twenty mins. As soon as they got put under any pressure they paniced. Bizarre subs again. **** knows  what we are doing bringing king on. He is so far out his depth it's laughable. Mahrez needs to be put on the bench for a while and give Gray a run out. 

Paper over the cracks : Chelsky never got off second gear, they were on cruse control the whole game,period.

With that midfield, we will never nick any point against a top 8 team.

Our builds-up are too one-dimensional and cliché as hell to surprise any solid squad.

One thing bothers me most : our players are always spread 30 yards out of each other, how are they supposed to speed up the game and prevent the opposition from cutting their passing lines ? 

3 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Slimani is ****ing terrible. I always defended him and thought he would come good but that was a shocker today. Iheanacho did more in his 10 min cameo. Was looking for vardy, time we had an actual partnership 

This. We need an actual partnership with out best two attacking players. Vardy is top notch, we know this, but Slim doesn't connect with him and Shinji just blunders around for 70 minutes each week. We need Nacho and Vards in from the start from now on to actually try and build a top quality strike partnership. If Nacho is fit, then Shinji and to a degree Slim shouldn't be getting a look in. HOWEVER, I fully expect us to spend the next two seasons persisting with the latter and criminally using Nacho as a sub. That's the Leicester way. 

Just now, lucashm said:

Thats true, but before that chance,Morata missed two great chances himself, one pass from Fabregas that he missed his kick and a great interception from Morgan, so by your logic we would still be2-1 up, but If i'm being honest, we both played like shit

They weren't as clear cut as Slims miss. No way.

If you're saying we both played like shit then a draw would have been a fair result!

28 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Shaky you need to sort this out lad otherwise you'll have the "Shaky out brigade on your back !!"

the loss is hard to take  because of the way we lost Mahrez should have passed to Vardy 1 up but he tried to be clever passed to Slimani who fluffed his shot then instead the run down the pitch cross a lovely ball while we're napping and they score could Morgan have done more??

Then Kante has a lucky strike catches out Schmeical which you would have bet that he would keep it out but who know what happened there??

But then the sloppy play the balls we were playing passing to Chelski not chasing the balls but allowing them more possession  and then loss of concentration and shape Mahrez blew hot and cold really thinking Shaky got this wrong today he needs to give Vardy and iheanacho time to gel together as these two could be lethal for us !!

But all in all really disappointed with shaky and the lads today back to the drawing board shaky third loss in 4 the shaky out and told you so brigade are beginning to stir !!

Any true city fan that is questioning shaky already needs to wake

up.......look at the fixtures we have had.   

Obviously disappointed that we don't have anything to show from today, but overall I'm positive about the performance and this season. 

Vardy was good, Ndidi played really well and the defence looked solid. We made a decent team in Chelsea look distinctly average. 

The only negatives for me today were Albrighton (woeful in everything), Slimani's forward play and Mahrez's decision making. Plenty of effort from Riyad, but need him to be sharper.

We've had a very tough start to the season, fixtures-wise, so I'm sure we'll be ok. There are at least 8 teams in this league who are weaker than us, so a midtable finish should be guaranteed. If we can get Silva and Iborra in – and a RB with pace in January – then we might even be knocking on Europe's door again...

Upwards and onwards!  

2 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

I don't know why but it feels as there is a lack of togetherness about the squad at the moment 

Probably because half the fvckers want to leave :whistle:

Thought it was easy for Chelsea, other than 5 mins after the 1st goal, second half we huff and puffed! 

Shakespeare has me baffled, 3 games he has brought King on to make a midfield 3 and it hasn't worked and we have conceded a goal with in minutes. 

We seem to be going backwards, no midfield, other than Ndidi, James and King aren't the answer.

More worrying is we conceded very simple goals and have very little cutting edge! 

Archived