Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Chelsea post match 1-2

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Honestly? Schmichel could have thrown his cap on Kante's shot. Should never have let that in.

Seen it on replay.

It was a great hit but Kasper's reactions were way off. Should never have gone in. Joe Hart special.

Disappointing again. 

Strange time of double subs. Should have stuck with it until the hour mark. No need to change it that early. 

Kasper looked very poor for goal, wasn't at ridiculous pace and seemed to just catch him by surprise. Pea rolled. 

Gray second half is the reason he doesn't start. Not reliable. Did well in helping to win the pen but that is it. 

The main positive is that finally, finally Mahrez isn't designated penalty taker seemingly 

Shakey needs to adapt

more and more teams seems to be attacking with their full backs ours are pitched outside our box.

Our best period of the game was when we was 2-0 down says it all about the negative tactics at home

Before anyone says it was Chelsea, it was an average Chelsea minus Hazard and Costa, Once Hazard came on thy were taking the piss with the balls to the wings

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Unlucky, that's 3 of the hardest games we'll play this season out of the way.

I thought Morgan and Maguire were immense at the back and Ndidi had his best game for the season.

Vardy looked sharp and well up for it. 

Shakey almost got it spot on for me, great subs and just what we needed at the time, unlucky with the Kate goal straight after the break.

Onwars and upwards.

I agree on the subs. Not great but correct. We needed way more cover in the middle, Fabregas had way too much time to do what he wanted in the first half and it was only due to some wonder defending to keep the score down. 

Some folks on here think it's FIFA or Champ Man and sticking an extra pacey forward on will save the game. He needed to add cover in the middle and Slim going off was the right move. Marc or Mahrez for Gray was also the right move. I think today it was Marc but he didn't get much help in covering Moses from Fuchs today. 

We we need to work on our "in your face-ness"as we look too slow with and without the ball. 

Just now, Webbo said:

Honestly? Schmichel could have thrown his cap on Kante's shot. Should never have let that in.

Yeah it was a shocker, but it's so rare from Schmeichel that I don't think it's really worth mentioning. There's bigger clubs than us who have very error-prone keepers (Mignolet and Karius, Bravo last season and even Lloris has a few howlers). My point is that I don't think it should be the main talking point of the match but I'm not overly concerned :).

Just now, Bozman said:

Does anyone else think a loss next week at Hudders and a home defeat to the scouse in the league will put shakey under massive pressure going to Bournmouth...?

Well it's not going to enhance his reputation, that's for sure. Lets worry about that when/if it happens.

There's a lot of 'we were close to drawing' type comments.

Look at the stats. They tell the story. And that's 3 points from a possible 12.

Of course, it was going to be a tough start to the season..the fixture list was ruthless. But it's also about how we are playing. The Huddersfield game will tell us more.

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Tactically very negative so far this season and I don't want to see it. Going one up top and bringing the likes of King on to sure up the midfield when you are already 1-0 down is ****ing pointless. If Nacho becomes the latest last 10 bit-part like Gray this season then I will lose my ****ing mind. Could have got something out of that game. 

Shocking ain't it, grow some balls and sort it out before its too late.

We are so predictable, Mystic meg would have a field day

1 minute ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

We need to have a better passing game

we need to be tighter

and never put Gray in again he lost us the ball so much

get Iborra in

2nd Chelsea goal silly to let in 

and give iheanacho a go

did u mistake gray for Mahrez

gray give the ball away once

mahrez 3 times

mahrez 8 times couldnt control the ball

2 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

A bit unlucky, a draw would have been fair imo

Positives

Vardy

Ndidi

Fuchs

Wes

Negatives

Mahrez

Gray

Shakespeare's half time subs

King

Commercial team for fvcking up Silva transfer

I mean, i get that this is a Leicester forum, but do you really think you deserved a draw? Honestly, the amount of chances Chelsea wasted was ridiculous, and Maguire had an absolutely clear handball ignored, had our finishing been a bit better this would have been a thrashing If we are being honest.

I have to say though, Maguire and Ndidi are absolute gems, Hope you can keep them

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

This. How is it Shakespeare's fault that the plan B is screwed almost instantly by a usually reliable keeper?

Most disappointing thing for me was the lack of urgency in the last ten. It was too easy for them.

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I agree on the subs. Not great but correct. We needed way more cover in the middle, Fabregas had way too much time to do what he wanted in the first half and it was only due to some wonder defending to keep the score down. 

Some folks on here think it's FIFA or Champ Man and sticking an extra pacey forward on will save the game. He needed to add cover in the middle and Slim going off was the right move. Marc or Mahrez for Gray was also the right move. I think today it was Marc but he didn't get much help in covering Moses from Fuchs today. 

We we need to work on our "in your face-ness"as we look too slow with and without the ball. 

Disagree. Everything Chelsea threw at us came from the flanks. We looked comfortable in the middle of the park, we did miss Shinji though. Nacho instead of King would have been the right thing.

You can't say the subs were correct when we conceded not long after they were made. 

How long are we going to rely on the setup from two years ago that worked mainly due to Kante, are we forever going to be overrun in midfield? We may have been better second half in terms of chances for us but they could have had 6, it was proper gung ho management and reminded me of the Spurs match at the end of last season. Ndidi was holding it together by a thread.

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Disagree. Everything Chelsea threw at us came from the flanks. We looked comfortable in the middle of the park, we did miss Shinji though. Nacho instead of King would have been the right thing.

You can't say the subs were correct when we conceded not long after they were made. 

Well I disagree with you. Fabregas ran the game and allowed them to spread the play. Fuchs didn't pick up anyone all first half. 

You're saying Kante's 30 yd pea roller was down to the subs being wrong? Ok. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

Full 90 minutes for Nacho against Huddersfield please. Let's start utilising out best players instead of fannying around with negative tactics and low quality players. You either want to win games or you don't.

That's my exact thoughts,seems a lot of we hold what we have and don't try to win the games till we go behind and didn't try to impose ourselves on the opposition, all pretty negative and as if the manager has no faith in our abillity

Archived