Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

This is our first 6 pointer of the season 

we are in a relegation scrap already , the last 10/12 games under Shaky would suggest we will be relegated if the results continue as they have been ! 

Massive massive game for Shaky and the club ! 

3 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Anxious already. Must win at this stage in the season, IMO. Need some confidence going into the cup match.

Best thing that can happen to us is to get out of the league cup 

we need to concentrate on surviving in premier league ! 

10 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs

James Iborra Ndidi

Mahrez Vardy Gray

No pissin around anymore, this is the first 11. 

That team would get torn apart as the season goes on ... 

10 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

we are in a relegation scrap already , the last 10/12 games under Shaky would suggest we will be relegated if the results continue as they have been ! 

For losing against the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City? No thoughts on the way we outplayed Brighton? Or comfortably saw off Watford?

It appears to me with a section of fans who want us to fail at the moment, just they can simply say 'I said he wasn't a manager'. 

The negativity is shocking. The three losses this season compared to previous results since our promotion to Premier League compare favourably.

34 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Are people on here mental? We swatted brighton aside with consummate ease. Ww were 7 minutes from beating Arsenal. Yes we lost to Man Utd and Chelsea too but, seriously, we did okay. We will be absolutely nowhere near relegation. In fact, i think we'll end above Everton.

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For losing against the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City? No thoughts on the way we outplayed Brighton? Or comfortably saw off Watford?

It appears to me with a section of fans who want us to fail at the moment, just they can simply say 'I said he wasn't a manager'. 

The negativity is shocking. The three losses this season compared to previous results since our promotion to Premier League compare favourably.

I want Shakespeare to succeed because if he does Leicester City does. The facts so far are that Manchester United were a far better team, no problem, though expecting James and the young Ndidi to cope with Pogba, Matic and Matt in midfield, not thinking they'd get over until was schoolboy stuff. We should have beaten a poor newly promoted Brighton team and we did. Against Arsenal however we should have got a minimum of a point and could have got a point against Chelsea but we didn't because of Shakespeare 's slavish aderehence to a 442 counter attacking system that he no longer has the right players to execute against top level teams. Together with his non sensical substitutions against the latter two teams tends  to point to someone who may well be a good coach but a seemingly inept manager.

He is effectively in charge of a multi million pound business and therefore this is not an apprenticeship where you learn on the job, he has to be immediately fit and capable to hit the ground running. He did have a number of games in charge last season where for me the warning signs were evident. If he can't adapt better and employ formations and tactics that are comensurate for a particular opposition team on an individual basis, my prediction is that we will only possibly beat the teams that have far inferior players than us. Even then, prepare for the odd suprise when an opposition manager outhinks Shakespeare and nullifies his predictable approaches and bizarre substitutions. I don't think we'll get relegated,  but I do predict a low table finish under Shakespeare.

We have some really talented players and think we should be aiming higher than merely survival and mediocrity. Huddersfield for example will be interesting. On paper it's a game we should win but Wagner is just one of those managers that may organise his vastly inferior players in a way to cause an upset. There's a reason for example, whatever people think of him, why someone like Alladyce consistently over the years can organise such suprises against the big boys and that is by recognising the abilities and falabilities of his own players and that of the opposition and sets out his tactics and team selection accordingly. I will no doubt get slated for this for either being either negative or a Shakespeare hater of which I'm neither. I'm just voicing my opinion of how I see things thus far,  not saying that I'm right.

57 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Are people on here mental? We swatted brighton aside with consummate ease. Ww were 7 minutes from beating Arsenal. Yes we lost to Man Utd and Chelsea too but, seriously, we did okay. We will be absolutely nowhere near relegation. In fact, i think we'll end above Everton.

..we won't! 

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

Of course it's massively early days but I'm not sure where the level of current optimism comes from on the forum?

We leaked like the proverbial sieve against Arsenal, conceding 4 in the end. Man Utd should really have scored plenty more. Chelsea weren't at their best but didn't really struggle against us. Our only convincing win was against a Brighton side, trying to find their feet at this level (personally, I think we played them at exactly the right time)

So defensively (albeit against the better sides) we are fragile (I'm afraid it's true..we concede too many) and offensively we aren't anywhere near creative enough. Our strikers look isolated at times.

We've also just lost our best CM.

I'm being serious, lose to the Udders and I think Shakey will start shaking.

So to speak.

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

We've looked better against the top 6 trams than they have so far. Why not? 

Because Everton have a better Managerial team in place and have signed some excellent players,  who will eventually gel and perform well in the PL... Everton will finish 6th/7th /8th I think... 

Under Shakespeare we're going to end up 14th or thereabouts! 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Because Everton have a better Managerial team in place and have signed some excellent players,  who will eventually gel and perform well in the PL... Everton will finish 6th/7th /8th I think... 

Under Shakespeare we're going to end up 14th or thereabouts! 

No chance. We've got some great quality. Once nacho man is up to speed our forward line will be less exposed.

29 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I want Shakespeare to succeed because if he does Leicester City does. The facts so far are that Manchester United were a far better team, no problem, though expecting James and the young Ndidi to cope with Pogba, Matic and Matt in midfield, not thinking they'd get over until was schoolboy stuff. We should have beaten a poor newly promoted Brighton team and we did. Against Arsenal however we should have got a minimum of a point and could have got a point against Chelsea but we didn't because of Shakespeare 's slavish aderehence to a 442 counter attacking system that he no longer has the right players to execute against top level teams. Together with his non sensical substitutions against the latter two teams tends  to point to someone who may well be a good coach but a seemingly inept manager.

He is effectively in charge of a multi million pound business and therefore this is not an apprenticeship where you learn on the job, he has to be immediately fit and capable to hit the ground running. He did have a number of games in charge last season where for me the warning signs were evident. If he can't adapt better and employ formations and tactics that are comensurate for a particular opposition team on an individual basis, my prediction is that we will only possibly beat the teams that have far inferior players than us. Even then, prepare for the odd suprise when an opposition manager outhinks Shakespeare and nullifies his predictable approaches and bizarre substitutions. I don't think we'll get relegated,  but I do predict a low table finish under Shakespeare.

We have some really talented players and think we should be aiming higher than merely survival and mediocrity. Huddersfield for example will be interesting. On paper it's a game we should win but Wagner is just one of those managers that may organise his vastly inferior players in a way to cause an upset. There's a reason for example, whatever people think of him, why someone like Alladyce consistently over the years can organise such suprises against the big boys and that is by recognising the abilities and falabilities of his own players and that of the opposition and sets out his tactics and team selection accordingly. I will no doubt get slated for this for either being either negative or a Shakespeare hater of which I'm neither. I'm just voicing my opinion of how I see things thus far,  not saying that I'm right.

top post

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Ridiculous 

15 hours ago, the messenger said:

Prediction 442

Same team as against Chelsea.

Nacho on the bench.

Dragovic not even on the bench.

Gray on the bench.

Subs at half time.

Will lose 2-0

Zero creativity

Silva debacle not sorted.

Huth and Iborra not quite ready.