Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

Don't understand Huddersfield the German lad there is doing a good job and building good side. I think tactically he is more astute than Shakes but we have more quality in our side ... if our players perform and Shakes gets it reasonably right we will do them over but as I say we can't underestimate

42 minutes ago, somebum said:

Don't understand Huddersfield the German lad there is doing a good job and building good side. I think tactically he is more astute than Shakes but we have more quality in our side ... if our players perform and Shakes gets it reasonably right we will do them over but as I say we can't underestimate

What? I thought you said understand. ;)

Personally I think a quick goal for us and we'll bin them by 3 or more otherwise we'll just beat them professionally.

48 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Harrogate and Huddersfield are in no way affiliated or have any conflict of interest. As long as he isn't a Huddersfield fan I can't see it having a negative impact on us. Say he's a Leeds Utd supporter, they hate Huddersfield Town. Either way these factors are very minor and shouldn't impact on his professionalism. 

Still, he's a poor referee and I'd be happy to avoid him for the rest of the season :sweating:

He lives in Horsforth which is 18 miles away. Therefore he's affiliated to the same County FA to which Huddersfield Town are. Hence you'd think they would avoid using Moss for Huddersfield, if only on accusation. The accusation will be there and it just makes commonsense for the PGMO to avoid it. I just consider it odd that they want to potentially court publicity - especially after the Kevin Friend/Spurs debacle. 

30 minutes ago, FIF said:

What? I thought you said understand. ;)

Personally I think a quick goal for us and we'll bin them by 3 or more otherwise we'll just beat them professionally.

Sorry typo the first sentence should read underestimate 

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He lives in Horsforth which is 18 miles away. Therefore he's affiliated to the same County FA to which Huddersfield Town are. Hence you'd think they would avoid using Moss for Huddersfield, if only on accusation. The accusation will be there and it just makes commonsense for the PGMO to avoid it. I just consider it odd that they want to potentially court publicity - especially after the Kevin Friend/Spurs debacle. 

Find this very bizarre. Always thought you weren't allowed to referee where you're affiliated to? Which is why Friend doesn't ref us. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Find this very bizarre. Always thought you weren't allowed to referee where you're affiliated to? Which is why Friend doesn't ref us. 

Yeah I agree. Although he's from Horsforth, Leeds, he may be registered with a different County FA? Could the rules be relaxed if it's clear he has no other affiliation (other than being registered with West Riding County FA) to Huddersfield Town? 

There has to be a reason he can referee them. 

Tough Tough game - if we underestimate these we could be in for a rude awakening.

They close down and work really hard so hopefully Shakey has the boys ready for the intensity and pace they will start at.

Personally would change to a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 but fully expect a 4-4-2 with Oka in for Slim and no other changes although Iborra will be on the bench.....take a point now if offered it

I'd love to see this if fit after the u23's game;

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Iborra Gray

Vardy Iheanacho

James and Slim are way too slow to react to anything to be classed as first 11 in a prem team unfortunately IMO, we need to get to the ball first....

5 hours ago, the fox said:

Gray needs to start! Giving time against teams outside the top 6 should allow him to show what he can do!

The fullbacks/CMs aren't offering much going forward so why should the wingers offer so much defensively! This is getting on my nerves!

:nigel:

I agree and disagree at the same time. He would do well against Huddersfield, however I feel Mahrez is well over due a performance and could run riot against these. 

If Shakespeare seriously thinks we should be aiming for European football then nothing less than a win on Saturday is good enough, the results so far shouldn't be surprised other than how close the scores were against Chelsea and Arsenal and we weren't hammered by Manchester United, so on reflection we made a promising start to the season and a win on Saturday would be what I'd be playing for  

Tactically they're a very decent team and we need to use all our experience at his level to disrupt their game plan. I think we'll win 2-1.

No idea what our best team is. No idea if we should stick with 4-4-2 or go 3-4-1-2 but we are usually ok in matches like this. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tactically they're a very decent team and we need to use all our experience at his level to disrupt their game plan. I think we'll win 2-1.

No idea what our best team is. No idea if we should stick with 4-4-2 or go 3-4-1-2 but we are usually ok in matches like this. 

Totally confident we will win this 

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I've been told it seems Iborra will start.

Shakey hasn't missed the poor production we've received from the midfield, glad to hear he is moving quickly to address it. 

Matty James needs to keep adding to his game, and I expect he'll improve a fair bit being back in the prem. But if healthy, Iborra is more experienced with defensive positioning, more cynical re committing himself unnecessarily, calm on the ball, an accurate passer, and a leader for Ndidi to look to. I expect they will make an excellent pairing, and I also expect to see Iborra get forward from time to time, pick his spots to play AM for 30 seconds here and there, he can come forward enough to look to play Vardy, Shinji, Riyad, and Gray into dangerous positions on the pitch without much risk of being overtaken by the counterattack. 

Looking forward to this game. Would still allow Shinji to start, but would look to get Iheanacho in earlier than usual, try to give him a good 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

3-4-1-2...? Like, say, dragovic, Wes, Maguire, then Albrighton and fuchs or chilwell at wb, with Riyad behind the fwds?

Archived