Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

15 hours ago, Benguin said:

Fancy smashing these. Started well and glad theyre in the prem but we've had a tough start and need a weaker team to roll over to boost confidence.

Really?

I'd love to rubber stamp your confidence but they look a decent side to me.

8 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Possibly most important thing is we gat a bit of luck .decision.rebound and play with intensity regardless of the selection.

Vardy moves his head 50mm yesterday and its 2-2.

I'm sure there are 6/7 teams a lot less able than us its about can we make that 10 or 12.

We haven't suffered from any more bad luck this season.than any other team.

31 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

We haven't suffered from any more bad luck this season.than any other team.

Arguable handball by ozil, offside morata yesterday - two decisions that could have gone either way and had they gone for us we'd be sat here with hard fought points against two of the top six. It's getting the breaks on those decisions. Other teams have moments where they've not been lucky, but that's irrelevant really - point is we haven't had the breaks. 

37 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Utd's penalty miss.  Maguire's handball against Chelsea, Xhaka setting up one of our goals at the Emirates. 

Which was a joke of a penalty to start with and didn't affect the result. Didn't affect the result. Didn't affect the result.

35 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Are you seriously proposing to leave Mahrez out, serious question?

Why not?!

I'd say his 'head isn't in the right place', he was poor yesterday (Albeit Chelsea...he's meant to be a world class player with ambitions of playing for a big club, he should be able to deal with it) and besides he only going to have '2 or 3 men around him marking him out of the game' which he can't handle (Again, see my previous point in brackets)...which should open up other avenues for us, but it never works like that, we still rely on him, pass to him, lose possession and it'll get us no where - In that scenario we're effectively playing with 10 men, despite 2 or 3 of their players marking him.

The pros and cons of this debate aren't really worth discussing anyway because he will be starting next week regardless, nothing will happen, no-one has the bollocks to bench him.

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Which was a joke of a penalty to start with and didn't affect the result. Didn't affect the result. Didn't affect the result.

Of course they affected the result.  And besides, your point was, 'we haven't had the breaks'.  I'm simply pointing out that we have had some.  But that doesn't fit your narrative.

Matt. You make a reasonable argument I suppose, and I see where you're coming from. But he's the only player in the side with creativity, his vision and range of passing is as good as anything in this league. I would like to see Demari in the side. But  accommodating them both is a dilemma.  And by the way, they're all guilty of giving the ball away cheaply. 

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Are you seriously proposing to leave Mahrez out, serious question?

I know Albrighton is like the first name on the team sheet an rightly should be, but I say we start with Mahrez an Gray get a lead at half time an bring off whichever of those two looks less interested at 45 or 60 mins, I know Albrighton is great at helping the defensive side of things also, but frankly if the defence an centre mid can't deal with Huddersfield, I'll start getting worried, I know they have had a good start, but we should go at em an beat these like 3-1

Archived