Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This could be a banana skin. For some reason I've just got a bad feeling about this game. And I've been feeling extremely positive about our performances despite results. 

I trust in Shakey when it comes to these games tbh. They are our bread and butter.

The trick is to keep the morale of the players up after defeats. Convince them that their efforts can be rewarded in these types of games, they are far from the quality of Arsenal, United and Chelsea.

2-0 to us.

12 hours ago, matty98 said:

We had praise constantly throughout the season to Ranieri for not changing the way we play. I'm not saying Ranieri didn't make changes to the team or formation, I know he did. What I said was he didn't change the way we play as in style of play. Style of play isn't dictated by formations or personnel.

We started going down hill when Ranieri began to change our style of play to stop pressing from the front and instead sitting deep with 11 men behind the ball. What's so hard to understand?

Let's get this right.

You posted that Ranieri did nothing in terms of changing our style of play for the title winning season from what Pearson previously used, other than minor tweaks.

That claim is what I countered when I listed the changes in personnel, formation,

and tactics that Ranieri made different to those Pearson used when nearly getting us relegated, and then the Great Escape period.

Having been proven wrong, you are now attempting to change time period in question to what Ranieri did last last season, when your argument began with dismissing Ranieri's contribution to the title win.

You were wrong in the point you made; I'm not sure if you were mistaken or it's a deliberate attempt to rewrite history? 

If the latter, are are not the only one on here to jump on this erroneous bandwagon,

which is something I find both baffling and distasteful.

We can agree that Ranieri made mistakes last season, along the lines you mention above.

On 9/10/2017 at 02:01, peterborofox said:

Lose or fail to win and Shakey will come under a fair amount of criticism. 

Haven't you learned by now who ever is in charge of Leicester always comes under criticism!!

We need to get a win as much as the performance, it's vital that we start picking up points as we don't want even at this early stage of the season to be dragged into a relegation dogfight! Shakey has got these players in and he needs to start using them!

If Shakey isn't careful these players could start rebelling and the season could go pear shaped even at this stage of the season! the hazard lights are on for Shakey can he switch them off or are we going to crash into a mighty black hole!

20 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Despite playing good sides in 3 of the first four games, I do feel we need to stop playing with the handbrake on against other sides.

I cite the Brighton game where I feel we could have scored at will had we been on the front foot and been more aggressive. It would have done our confidence the world of good, but the manager I feel is too conservative to, as you say 'take the shackles off'.

Did he not do that against Spurs and then got Slaughtered on here for actually trying to go at them, and that was a dead rubber game.

15 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

?

Do you believe and take everything you hear literally? 

Lets base this discussion on some facts rather than sound bites you can remember. 

These were the tactical changes Ranieri made from Cambiasso's Great Escape formation;

or as you would have it I'm sure 'Pearson's' Great Escape side. Hopefully next time you post on the subject you will have more

accuracy in your statements.

Come on, you talk about facts and then want to make out Cambiasso was the one choosing the team, this nonsense has been debunked so many times it's ridiculous.

1. Changed the formation totally to 4-4-2 from the one of the previous season.

We were always going back to playing 442 and we went out to buy the players the enable that. Shinji was quoted in the Japaneses press as stating he was told before signing they wanted to use him behind the striker in the 442/4411.

2. Changed the two full backs - Simpson and Fuchs in, Schlupp and De Laet out.

Pearson signed Fuchs and didn't get to use him. He stopped picking De Laet by the end as well. It was Ranieri who put those to back at full back and then changed it.

3. Inverted the two wingers Mahrez and Albrighton.

Pearson played with inverted wingers, when playing the traditional 442 and not mucking about with diamonds etc. Knocky pretty much played on the right for us all the time in the championship.

4.Played Vardy as the main striker down the middle, as opposed to Pearson playing him on the wing!

Vardy was playing up top with Ulloa come the end of the season and we could all see how well it was working.

Yes, Ranieri changed things. But a lot of the changes were already in motion with the right players coming in to fill the gaps that forced us to 352 previously.

49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Come on, you talk about facts and then want to make out Cambiasso was the one choosing the team, this nonsense has been debunked so many times it's ridiculous.

We were always going back to playing 442 and we went out to buy the players the enable that. Shinji was quoted in the Japaneses press as stating he was told before signing they wanted to use him behind the striker in the 442/4411.

Pearson signed Fuchs and didn't get to use him. He stopped picking De Laet by the end as well. It was Ranieri who put those to back at full back and then changed it.

Pearson played with inverted wingers, when playing the traditional 442 and not mucking about with diamonds etc. Knocky pretty much played on the right for us all the time in the championship.

Vardy was playing up top with Ulloa come the end of the season and we could all see how well it was working.

Yes, Ranieri changed things. But a lot of the changes were already in motion with the right players coming in to fill the gaps that forced us to 352 previously.

I would reply to some of this... but at work.

Yes this bit was slightly tongue in cheek.

Just for now though, precisely how was the Cambiasso thing debunked? 

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Was it ever a serious thing? It was Ulloa what made the comment about it in the press. 

Vardy in his autobiography criticised Cambiasso for his behaviour and said 3-5-2 was to simply accommodate him.

It's simply hearsay. 

However we do know Pearson would have regular meetings with a selected group of players (confirmed from a variety of sources). I suspect Cambiasso was part of that. In same way Wes was probably was too. 

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I would reply to some of this... but at work.

Yes this bit was slightly tongue in cheek.

Well firstly nobody even said Cambiasso was picking the team, that's just the way those that wanted to slate Pearson interpreted Ulloa saying they sat down with a pen and paper and wrote down how they would get the points. This was seen by most, as just them sitting down and going through the fixtures and see where we were likely to get the points from.

That interpretation has been since backed up by comments I believe at the fans forum, I think some of the recent Leicester books went into more detail and it's been touched on in different interviews when people questioned It. I can't remember exactly where now, but I have posted it all on here before saying I hope that all gets put to bed now.

Glad it was slightly tongue in cheek. ;)

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Was it ever a serious thing? It was Ulloa what made the comment about it in the press. 

Vardy in his autobiography criticised Cambiasso for his behaviour and said 3-5-2 was to simply accommodate him.

It's simply hearsay. 

However we do know Pearson would have regular meetings with a selected group of players (confirmed from a variety of sources). I suspect Cambiasso was part of that. In same way Wes was probably was too. 

Right, well I read an article at the time where 'The Birch'stated there was a meeting where Cambiasso came up with these 3-5-2 tactics.

I wish I could remember where I read it.

Vardy says Cambi came up with it for selfish reasons you say.

Maybe he did, but whatever the reason - hasnt Vardy corroborated this version of events? ?

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well firstly nobody even said Cambiasso was picking the team, that's just the way those that wanted to slate Pearson interpreted Ulloa saying they sat down with a pen and paper and wrote down how they would get the points. This was seen by most, as just them sitting down and going through the fixtures and see where we were likely to get the points from.

That interpretation has been since backed up by comments I believe at the fans forum, I think some of the recent Leicester books went into more detail and it's been touched on in different interviews when people questioned It. I can't remember exactly where now, but I have posted it all on here before saying I hope that all gets put to bed now.

Glad it was slightly tongue in cheek. ;)

Maybe not so much now Baby... we have a scoop - three different sources! ?

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Maybe not so much now Baby... we have a scoop - three different sources! ?

Leo himself in the summer said in an interview that they looked at the fixtures and planned out where they needed the points. Pearson used that, as a focus for the players of sorts. Nobody has ever said it was any more than that.

This weekend’s game will be Moss’s second City game in 17 months, having also officiated the hitch-free 2-0 defeat at Swansea in February.

City's record with Moss in charge actually reads pretty well: played 12, won five, drawn five, lost two.

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bit of an odd choice considering he was an ex player for nearby Harrogate and is probably the referee located the nearest to Huddersfield. 

Harrogate and Huddersfield are in no way affiliated or have any conflict of interest. As long as he isn't a Huddersfield fan I can't see it having a negative impact on us. Say he's a Leeds Utd supporter, they hate Huddersfield Town. Either way these factors are very minor and shouldn't impact on his professionalism. 

Still, he's a poor referee and I'd be happy to avoid him for the rest of the season :sweating:

Archived