Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

6 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Would have previously like to see 352 but we don't have the wing backs for it past Albrighton and Chillwell imo.

Instantly means Simpson can't play as let's be honest he isn't great attack wise. Fuchs for me isn't the same player he was two years ago, meaning only Chillwell is an option for a WB.

Have to play 442

I'd like to see us play with wingback's too. And as you say we have Albrighton and Chilwell, so why must we stick to 4-4-2?

Just now, chicagofox said:

I'd like to see us play with wingback's too. And as you say we have Albrighton and Chilwell, so why must we stick to 4-4-2?

What other players can play wing back really if we want to attack rather than it become a 541? Simpson isn't a wing back and no one else on the left for me either. 

If we play Albrighton and Chillwell that's fine, but just means for me that if we need to bring on a Gray to change the game I don't think he can play wingback. 

Huddersfield are a tidy outfit we could find this game following the same pattern as man u and Chelsea, they like to pass it around and we tend to struggle against these type of team.

Iborra can't come back fast enough, I hope he doesn't need any time to get match fit or used to the premier league lol.

I think Shakey must consider pardon the pun "shaking it up a bit." 

We need to discover some sort of different tactic to the 4-4-2 counter attack relying completely on Jamie Vardy. This was my biggest concern with leaving Shakey and other survivors in from 15-16 on the coaching staff. 

We need to loose sentiment and Craig must have the guts to say to the like of Riyad, Fuchs etc, you are taking a seat for this one. 

Let's go to Huddersfield with a new look and plan and give our future some game time instead of hoping our past will click again. 

For me, let's try a new system where it gives us best chance to keep possession and not have to kill ourselves closing down all day long. 

3-5-2

GK: Kasper

RWB: Albrighton

LWB: Chilwell

DC: Morgan

DC: Dragovic

DC: Maguire

MC: Ndidi

MC: Silva (I believe resolved by here)

MC: Iborra

ST: Iheanacho

ST: Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Simpson, Mahrez, James, Gray, Okazaki, Slimani

If Shakey doesn't allow the team to naturally progress and keeps reverting back to old methods and we continue poor form against the lesser sides in the upcoming games then we should seriously consider whether we would need a new guy and set of staff to re-invent our style. 

I hope Craig is the right choice, but let's freshen our approach a bit please!

22 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Fancy smashing these. Started well and glad theyre in the prem but we've had a tough start and need a weaker team to roll over to boost confidence.

More chance of them smashing us. They aren't shit.

21 hours ago, weller54 said:

Do well to get a draw here... 

Our midfield is just so weak. 

If we can't sort out the Silva fiasco then that weakness could quite easily get us relegated. 

What a gigantic Cock up that was!! 

Hate the saying but.....there a far many worse teams than us in this league. The midfield fiasco is an abomination though!

Think we'll pick up enough home points against the teams around and below us to not get relegated 

Roll these over ? Fancy us to smash these ?

Well lets look at our away record since the start of last season.

It reads played 21 , won 2 , drawn 5 , lost 14.

That's the grand total of 11 points from a possible 63.

It's an abysmal record , even for a relegated team , so anyone thinking

that we just have to turn up to pick the three point up needs to have a serious rethink.

Kasper

Maguire Huth Drogovic 

Albrighton    Wilf     Silva *    Fuchs                 

Gray                    Marhez 

Vardy

*Ibora/ james if not available.

Never going to happen but Wes is struggling... (my opinion)

Nacho obviously not fit? 

Given the way both teams have started this season (and our dreadful away record over the last 10-15 games) I'd go back to Okazaki and Vardy up front. I doubt Silva will be available and it's prob too early for Iborra so the rest will the usual suspects.

if it was a home game I'd definitely go with Slimani if iheanacho, but as it's away for the above reasons I'd go Shinji

Possibly most important thing is we gat a bit of luck .decision.rebound and play with intensity regardless of the selection.

Vardy moves his head 50mm yesterday and its 2-2.

I'm sure there are 6/7 teams a lot less able than us its about can we make that 10 or 12.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Hate the saying but.....there a far many worse teams than us in this league. The midfield fiasco is an abomination though!

Think we'll pick up enough home points against the teams around and below us to get relegated 

Can you pleased edit your post! Specifically the last few words.

Archived