Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There's nothing wrong with the amount of sugar in snacks and drinks. 

The problem is lazy, weak willed, unfit parents. Chocolate bars were twice the size and twice as cheap in my youth but I was still only allowed them very rarely. 

Almost never got McDonald's or take aways etc. 

****ing hate all this sugar tax Jamie Oliver nanny state shit. I'm a grown adult with a healthy BMI, if I want to go get a 330ml can of coke to enjoy on a hot day it shouldn't be a mission to find one that won't require a mortgage. 

Co op don't even sell them at all anymore, it's 250ml cans or whatever they are. Ugh. 

innit man fu ck the government. 

maccies is the best sugar tax gaff, you can buy yer quarter pounder and chips for £1.99 but you now have to pay 14p extra to get a normal coke instead of a coke zero. 

its all gone to shit. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Thanos' view of the future (but not his methods for countering it, obviously) was pretty close to spot on.

I agree, mac. I always said that a great villain is the one who thinks he's the good guy. A relatable figure with clouded judgment and a traumatic past that led him to make such decisions (a good example is Killmonger but he had ill intentions compared to Thanos believe it or not). You kinda understand where they are coming from but the extream methods are just evil. (like Kira from Death Note).

It's not like they have this hypothetical scenario (like we have) of just advancing in science and looking forward to taking advantage of a habitable planet in the future. They already have countless species out there with their own needs

I watched a fair amount of movies, TV series, and anime, read a lot of manga/manhua/manhwa and a couple of Chinese novels and I always found that the best arcs are the ones with a great antagonist. Plus, I have a soft spot for anti-heroes and gray-area protagonists. They just have too much potential and they are not afraid of dirtying their hands to get what they want.

I said that I rather a great villain instead of a great protagonist in a previous post and still think the same. If you get me rooting and sympathizing with the bad guy, then the story would get me much more involved instead of just rooting for the good guy for the whole story.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

I agree, mac. I always said that a great villain is the one who thinks he's the good guy. A relatable figure with clouded judgment and a traumatic past that led him to make such decisions (a good example is Killmonger but he had il intentions compared to Thanos believe it or not). You kinda understand where they are coming from but the extream methods are just evil. (like Kira from Death Note.

A watched a fair amount of movies, TV series, and anime, read a lot of manga/manhua/manhwa and a couple of Chinese novels and I always found that the best arcs are the ones with a great antagonist. Plus, I have a soft spot for anti-heroes and gray-area protagonists. They just have too much potential and they are not afraid of dirtying their hands to get what they want.

I said that I rather a great villain instead of a great protagonist in a previous post and still think the same. If you get me rooting and sympathizing with the bad guy, then the story would get me much more involved instead of just rooting for the good guy for the whole story.

Thanos.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Guys that add french to a English sentences are generally twats with very small willies

Same thing with any language really. These Bollywood folk speaking in hindi and then randomly say 3 or 4 words in a row in english and continue in hindi.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Same thing with any language really. These Bollywood folk speaking in hindi and then randomly say 3 or 4 words in a row in english and continue in hindi.  

Well, Your first mistake is watching a Bollywood movie/series. It's not even funny how unrealistic most of that shite is.

You get people being stabbed 9-10 times bleeding for a good 10 minutes and somehow running up a mountain like it's nothing. Bad guys 1v1'ing the protagonist even though they outnumber him 100 to 1. The aunty is always evil, a girl that fell in love with the hero of the story because he stopped a 9-year-old from overcharging her for some oranges, the protagonist's little brother/sister is always sick/crazy/paralyzed..etc.

but all those things don't compare to When the hero is running away, and somehow will always find a beat-up car with the keys in and it starts just fine. But wait! that's not even the best part. The beat-up Mazda that the hero is driving somehow manages to be faster than a brand new Mercedes E63. was that Mazda in an episode of Pimp My Ride? Does it run on dragon piss? ಠ_ಠ. 

agree with all this about the sugar tax, absolute bollocks. I bet it'll have zero impact on fatties, if you're fat you dont mind shilling out an extra 20p or whatever to shove something down your f at gob, you'd think as we progressed we'd have more options but limiting them is ridiculous. Soon we'll only have water for a fiver.

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

agree with all this about the sugar tax, absolute bollocks. I bet it'll have zero impact on fatties, if you're fat you dont mind shilling out an extra 20p or whatever to shove something down your f at gob, you'd think as we progressed we'd have more options but limiting them is ridiculous. Soon we'll only have water for a fiver.

We need Col to let us know.

I've nothing against a genuine tax.

I think the manufacturers of some of the sugar drinks out there have been fooling (lieing to) too many people and they should be taxed. Especially their real profits. Finnegan can still choose to drink his coca sugar, it's not being banned. Some fat people are just selfish pigs who want to eat and drink shit and then get the rest of the population to pay for their NHS treatment.

all actions have consequences.

13 hours ago, the fox said:

Well, Your first mistake is watching a Bollywood movie/series. It's not even funny how unrealistic most of that shite is.

You get people being stabbed 9-10 times bleeding for a good 10 minutes and somehow running up a mountain like it's nothing. Bad guys 1v1'ing the protagonist even though they outnumber him 100 to 1. The aunty is always evil, a girl that fell in love with the hero of the story because he stopped a 9-year-old from overcharging her for some oranges, the protagonist's little brother/sister is always sick/crazy/paralyzed..etc.

but all those things don't compare to When the hero is running away, and somehow will always find a beat-up car with the keys in and it starts just fine. But wait! that's not even the best part. The beat-up Mazda that the hero is driving somehow manages to be faster than a brand new Mercedes E63. was that Mazda in an episode of Pimp My Ride? Does it run on dragon piss? ಠ_ಠ. 

You do seem to know an awful lot about them Foxy considering you think they are sh1te ?!? ...     watched a few have you ?? ....   :whistle:

• Haha 2

I dont watch them. But occasionally i will catch an interview with an actress/actor etc and its just very annoying.

• Haha 1

On the other hand, those Indian girls are well hot.