Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

25 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Shitting on people who have just died is trashiness of the highest order.  You've had years to randomly bash Monty Python, why pick now? 

Isn't it obvious. It's in the news, it reminds people of why the liked or hated it. Simple as that. Plenty have talked it up today, just because one of them died are people not allowed to say they didn't like it?

52 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Isn't it obvious. It's in the news, it reminds people of why the liked or hated it. Simple as that. Plenty have talked it up today, just because one of them died are people not allowed to say they didn't like it?

People can have whatever opinion they want but it's still poor form to pick this moment to trash his life's work.

For what it's worth I will say it's a great use of this thread, imagine keeping a straight face while calling their entire body of work "puerile drivel".  What have the Pythons ever done for us? :D 

Comments like that remind me of the Bishop fella in this classic Friday Night, Saturday Morning debate (long video but worth it):

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Hamza Choudhry isn’t very good and people only like him because he runs around a lot flying into tackles.

Steve Walsh wasnt very good and people only liked him because he behaved like a psychotic thug, broke David Geddis's jaw, was banned for 11 games and was sent off a grand total of 9 times for us (13 in total - a record), leaving his team mates to sort out his mess each time.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pleatout said:

Steve Walsh wasnt very good and people only liked him because he behaved like a psychotic thug, broke David Geddis's jaw, was banned for 11 games and was sent off a grand total of 9 times for us (13 in total - a record), leaving his team mates to sort out his mess each time.

He scored the winner v Derby. All balanced out lol

10 hours ago, pleatout said:

*Steve Bull likes this*

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pleatout said:

He was fit though. 

Public out pouring of grief, i just dont get it in general i get it must be upsetting for some but unless the is some direct link i am just ambivalent to it. Just because i have heard of someone doesnt mean i know them and just think never mind and just go about my own life as normal. Yes i felt the loss of the chairman never met him but i think as most will probably agree we shared a moment of celebration and thus he had an impact on my life he brought me an immense amount of joy. But he is the exception to the rule in my case. So a famous bloke who plays a game i dont follow dies 1000's of miles away and it appears in breaking news and people pay their repects on facebook and my feelings are pretty much the same as when Princess Diana died never mind they have never popped round for tea so what. Is it just me?

1 hour ago, twoleftfeet said:

Public out pouring of grief, i just dont get it in general i get it must be upsetting for some but unless the is some direct link i am just ambivalent to it. Just because i have heard of someone doesnt mean i know them and just think never mind and just go about my own life as normal. Yes i felt the loss of the chairman never met him but i think as most will probably agree we shared a moment of celebration and thus he had an impact on my life he brought me an immense amount of joy. But he is the exception to the rule in my case. So a famous bloke who plays a game i dont follow dies 1000's of miles away and it appears in breaking news and people pay their repects on facebook and my feelings are pretty much the same as when Princess Diana died never mind they have never popped round for tea so what. Is it just me?

No your Not alone..We are fourleftfeet ..together..I respect the sadness und Emotion of the moment,But thats it...!

Certain deaths are newsworthy,and no problems with headlines.Its the continual long drawn out Open mourning and outpouring of Media  reporting thereof.

I suppose,some famous,or Death of a celebrity is the simple fact,it Brings back the Good memories or periods of the individuals or generations of peoples lives.

Stars of the 50s 60s,70s,even 80s are Now passing away...These are my years in the Phases of my life,so like my Relations deaths the thought of them brings back certain memories....Sad ,& Reflective  thoughts of times gone by yes!!  Nothing more....

Now When young People are taken away or Too Early , or unnecessary accidents I might have more feeling,or Show more emotion...!!

Neither can I understand the tears from fans,when their Team get relegated....Yet tears of joy..like The Leicester title season...Thats normal..

And the Miracle of birth..!!

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Jordan Henderson is a very good player, and should be the England captain.

Talk of him being in contention for PFA POTY

He's been outstanding this season.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've always thought he got too much criticism, but he has gone up another gear this season. Also think he's a natural leader and is a no brainer as England captain, but we have an obsession with naming our poster boy/best player as captain.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I can see it. I've got it lodged firmly in my head that he's actually shite but something this season has clicked with him and he's been genuinely brilliant. Every time I see him now he surprises me.

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm with MK Don's on the whole Wimbledon saga 

The thing about MK Dons is that they probably could have started in the Buckinghamshire senor league.Grown organically,and still got as high as they are now.With good will.Ok they might not have got the financial kick start and Stadium build,but Im sure they would have got to a league or two to where they are now.It just hasn’t happened for them.They are blighted.

20 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

The thing about MK Dons is that they probably could have started in the Buckinghamshire senor league.Grown organically,and still got as high as they are now.With good will.Ok they might not have got the financial kick start and Stadium build,but Im sure they would have got to a league or two to where they are now.It just hasn’t happened for them.They are blighted.

Not sure putting them in the Spanish league system would have made it better. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Why? 

Thing is right, MK Dons is a good thing, Milton Keynes is a big area deserved a club and gives them somebody to support rather than be gloryhunting bastards. Wimbledon werent this massive club, or massive intuition known worldwide, they were a club which struggled to get half of what bournemouth are getting now in the premier league. I don't really like MK Dons on it's own, but this whole bollocks of they stole their club, well they havent have they they've still got their club, just get over it.