Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Now that they've been around for a while why dont MK Dons just drop the Dons bit and have a think with their fans about adopting a different suffix?

Its not as if its special to them and Winkelman isn't even involved any more is he?

Scratch that - he's still the Chairman. And **** me somehow he's only 62. He must have the One Ring stashed at home somewhere.

Agree with this.

We took our U11 team to watch MK v Oxford a few weeks back and the their 'kop' never once mentioned the word Dons in any of their songs - just MK.

On 08/02/2020 at 08:45, Manini said:

Not sure, really. Think there’s a good majority that he really winds up too. I know a lot that feel the same as me and also a few that disagree with me on it. 

So basically, it's just "an opinion", then

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t understand the outpouring of grief for Caroline Flack. She beat her fella of the head with a lamp allegedly. Therefore she’s a domestic abuser. If the shoe was on the other foot and a bloke had done it, half the social media world would be celebrating. 

Even aside from the domestic abuse allegations I'm surprised at the level of grief on social media for her. Obviously the majority just jump on the bandwagon for likes 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t understand the outpouring of grief for Caroline Flack. She beat her fella of the head with a lamp allegedly. Therefore she’s a domestic abuser. If the shoe was on the other foot and a bloke had done it, half the social media world would be celebrating. 

I think it's sad when anyone thinks the only way out is to take their own life, so I totally get it. Also I think the media has really taken the piss the way they've pushed her. I mean fine report the story, but everything else they've done has been too much, and I think for a lot of people, after some of the recent poor behaviour by the media, it's the final straw. We have to stop this treatment of people, cancel culture I think its called, just for a few extra paper sales and online clicks.

I think pre death I would agree that a lot of people on social media were defending her when the same support would not have been given to a man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I think it's sad when anyone thinks the only way out is to take their own life, so I totally get it. Also I think the media has really taken the piss the way they've pushed her. I mean fine report the story, but everything else they've done has been too much, and I think for a lot of people, after some of the recent poor behaviour by the media, it's the final straw. We have to stop this treatment of people, cancel culture I think its called, just for a few extra paper sales and online clicks.

I think pre death I would agree that a lot of people on social media were defending her when the same support would not have been given to a man.

It’s tragic when anyone feels the need to take their own life.

The media and trolls (like they always do) we’re quick to jump on the bandwagon to slate and vilify her, to the point she’s felt she’s left with no choice. These same people are now expressing what a great person she was. It really grinds my gears. 

The police felt the need to charge and I doubt we’ll ever know the extent to what happened. 

Maybe it’s different, I can’t say I’ve ever watched anything with her in. I’m not big into the shows she presented. I’m just getting irritated with my Twitter feed being blocked up.

26 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s tragic when anyone feels the need to take their own life.

The media and trolls (like they always do) we’re quick to jump on the bandwagon to slate and vilify her, to the point she’s felt she’s left with no choice. These same people are now expressing what a great person she was. It really grinds my gears. 

The police felt the need to charge and I doubt we’ll ever know the extent to what happened. 

Maybe it’s different, I can’t say I’ve ever watched anything with her in. I’m not big into the shows she presented. I’m just getting irritated with my Twitter feed being blocked up.

Social media is for morons.

Is this a social media?

21 minutes ago, somebum said:

Social media is for morons.

Is this a social media?

I like to fill my “feed” with work related stuff and sport. 

To be fair, I’ve remembered you can add works to the block list. So I’ve done that. 

• Like 1