Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I don’t like cats or dogs. X 

I'd take canine company over human any day.  I never met a dog I didn't like, whereas most of you lot are clearly a clutch of terrible geeklings of the rankest order.

It's tragic, I know, but all of my best friends have been dogs.

“All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. For after all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog.” – Charles M Schulz 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'd take canine company over human any day.  I never met a dog I didn't like, whereas most of you lot are clearly a clutch of terrible geeklings of the rankest order.

“All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. For after all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog.” – Charles M Schulz 

Haha. I just don’t get the appeal. I don’t dislike either cats or dogs but they just do nothing for me. I’ve discovered it’s pretty much the worst thing a human can say though. “I hate kids” that’s fine. “Old people stink” nowt wrong with that. “I’m not a huge fan of dogs” everyone thinks your evil 😂. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Even Scrappy Doo? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Haha. I just don’t get the appeal. I don’t dislike either cats or dogs but they just do nothing for me. I’ve discovered it’s pretty much the worst thing a human can do though. “I hate kids” that’s fine. “Old people stink” nowt wrong with that. “I’m not a huge fan of dogs” and everyone thinks your evil 😂. X 

I have to agree with you.  Don't mess with the dogs  :D

But dogs are just joy personified, (or canine-ified?). 

They can find fun in everything.  They are the gods of frolic.  Sweet natured clowns.  Good humoured buffoons and revellers.

I always find a person slightly suspect if they can't see the joy in dogs  lol

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I have to agree with you.  Don't mess with the dogs  :D

But dogs are just joy personified, (or canine-ified?). 

They can find fun in everything.  They are the gods of frolic.  Sweet natured clowns.  Good humoured buffoons and revellers.

I always find a person slightly suspect if they can't see the joy in dogs  lol

Hahaha I just don’t get it. I prefer humans. I love animals, just not pets if that makes sense haha? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

May have said this one before but I prefer just sitting at home listening to music than going to gigs. In fact I don’t really enjoy gigs at all in general. X 

Went to see Manchester Orchestra a  couple years ago, really enjoyed it until the girl behind me told me I was a huge **** and to shut up. Haven't been to many since then.

29 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Went to see Manchester Orchestra a  couple years ago, really enjoyed it until the girl behind me told me I was a huge **** and to shut up. Haven't been to many since then.

That’s really shite sorry. 

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

That’s really shite sorry. 

Maybe i was being a ****, was singing along with my friend the whole set. Certainly didn't mean to be! She said that to me, I turned around and it felt like everyone behind us was looking at us like were scum. Felt pretty shitty the rest of the night tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Maybe i was being a ****, was singing along with my friend the whole set. Certainly didn't mean to be! She said that to me, I turned around and it felt like everyone behind us was looking at us like were scum. Felt pretty shitty the rest of the night tbh.

Could be worse, someone relieved themselves on me during a British Sea Power gig once.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Short corners are a good idea

I wonder, are there any statistics on this?

How many goals scored from corner straight into the box?

How many goals scored from short corner?

And equally interesting:

How many goals do the team taking a 'conventional' corner concede at the other end almost immediately?

How many goals do a team taking a short corner concede at the other end almost immediately?

These compelling questions keep me awake night.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

50 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I wonder, are there any statistics on this?

How many goals scored from corner straight into the box?

How many goals scored from short corner?

And equally interesting:

How many goals do the team taking a 'conventional' corner concede at the other end almost immediately?

How many goals do a team taking a short corner concede at the other end almost immediately?

These compelling questions keep me awake night.

Off the top of my head it's around 3% of corners that are scored, doing something different is a better idea than just smashing it into box/first man

14 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Perhaps try sitting next to your partner rather than in front of her?