Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think Rihanna is attractive - but she doesn't really do it for me at all.

Purely for balance - Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Idris, Jackman, Clooney, Martin Kemp, Efron are all very handsome blokes but none of them do it for me either.

What about chilly?

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

We got extremely lucky with our owners.

We laugh at Newcastle fans but the reality is, if we were in a similar underachieving state, half of this forum would be begging for a Saudi deal to go through despite human rights issues.

Ditto. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

We laugh at Newcastle fans but the reality is, if we were in a similar underachieving state, half of this forum would be begging for a Saudi deal to go through despite human rights issues.

Well tbf we already turn a blind eye to their overwhelming support for the Thai govt and king. Which isn’t the most democratic 

• Like 4

On 28/07/2020 at 21:33, Manini said:

It could probably be considered lazy to say that it would have suited United because their most famous manager of all time had a similar outlook, but that was a few years ago now and I think they’re probably past that point, but I think he was the type of man they needed when Ferguson left. I think Wilder would do well somewhere like Chelsea with their young squad, personally, but I suppose it’s how he would get on with Roman. He’s also never had cash to spend, really so it would be interesting to see how he’d handle that. I could probably also see him doing a job with a team like Spurs. I could genuinely see him winding up somewhere like Everton though after Ancelotti. 

Genuinely think any current PL manager would be mad to go to Everton. Biggest poisoned chalice in the league.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The motives for the Saudi takeover falling through were to do with protecting the established clubs, rather than anything to do with human rights.

There are plenty of very rich owners in the PL. Not least your own. I think it was more to do with the scrutiny they were under from the media, and also the PL rights issue. Sponsors ultimately hold a lot of weight. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nalis said:

I suppose it depends on your view of underachievement. If we were in Newcastle's position I think we'd cope for now, I don't think we'd be looked at by the same group when Top and Vichai were looking to invest when we were in the Championship.

Let's not forget, too, that it hasn't always been a smooth ride and they've been adored from the start- plenty of criticism and a bumpy ride until promotion. Since then it's been mainly praise and positive news, though I'm sure some still aren't taken by them or have differing views.

I think the laughter at Newcastle fans is aimed at those who've defended the potential new owners at every turn and have started petitions, I reckon a section weren't comfortable about the takeover and it was a real dilemma.

11 hours ago, Nalis said:

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well tbf we already turn a blind eye to their overwhelming support for the Thai govt and king. Which isn’t the most democratic 

Our owners are a LONG way from squeaky clean

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/two-kings-a-billion-euros-and-an-australian-trapped-in-thailand-20190314-p5146l.html

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

When the Sugababes went they really went. If I have a bad day at work I slap Stronger on and by Christ I'd run through walls for them lot*

*The holy trinity line up of Mutya, Keisha and Heidi

I’m all about a bit of Siobhan me, gotta be the original line up. They were an almost perfect pop group to be fair. Even my pathetic ass can’t help but move to their gravy (I think that makes sense?). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m all about a bit of Siobhan me, gotta be the original line up. They were an almost perfect pop group to be fair. Even my pathetic ass can’t help but move to their gravy (I think that makes sense?). 

The originals were still solid, I accept your apology

Black Coffee by All Saints is another anthem, I'd say it's better than Pure Shores (which also BANGS)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Black Coffee by All Saints is another anthem, I'd say it's better than Pure Shores (which also BANGS)

Being a pathetic skinny indie boy I hated All Saints at the time but have, over time, realised my mistake and punished myself accordingly. Never Ever is still an absolute game changer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Black coffee was my favourite song of that year 2001???Mel Blatt was fit but she always seemed to be in the back ground.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

In terms of talent and standard, All Saints are probably the best UK girl group of the last three decades.

And I don't even think that's much of an unpopular opinion.

Ahem

BANANARAMA - THE GREATEST HITS COLLECTION | I Like Your Old Stuff

• Like 3