Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I bet you've got a twattoo haven't you?

lol I could never see me getting a tatoo, and I have no intention too, I just found "twattoo" funny/strange as I've never heard that before!

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fktf said:

Chris Wilder will largely fail when he moves on from Sheffield United, much like Pearson leaving us.

Wilder has done a great job wherever he's been. Halifax, Northampton, Oxford... I said he'd get Sheffield United out of League One but tbh I didn't think he'd get them to the PL so quickly.

But I think next season will be harder than this season for him/them. We've seen so many teams get promoted and finish top 10 in their first season then struggle the following season (Wigan and Reading both did it, for example). I don't think they'll be top 10 next season, in fact I'd go for an outside bet on relegation if the odds were decent.

Sheff United overachieved according to some in their first season back in the championship, then they got promoted the season after. I think they’ll drop off a little bit next season but not by much 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Wilder has done a great job wherever he's been. Halifax, Northampton, Oxford... I said he'd get Sheffield United out of League One but tbh I didn't think he'd get them to the PL so quickly.

But I think next season will be harder than this season for him/them. We've seen so many teams get promoted and finish top 10 in their first season then struggle the following season (Wigan and Reading both did it, for example). I don't think they'll be top 10 next season, in fact I'd go for an outside bet on relegation if the odds were decent.

I think he’s got that fear element about him, similar to Fergie but take nothing away from him he sets that Sheff team up well. He’s implemented the three at the back and makes good use of his wing backs, he clearly knows his tactical style. 

I think the issue if he were to get a “big” job would be how different types of player personalities would fare with his management style. The players he’s got at the minute clearly respond well to his style but could you see that rubbing off with a dressing room full of superstars? He’s dug his players out on multiple occasions in the press this season and I absolutely love him for it but I could see that rapidly back firing in a dressing room of equally strong characters. I don’t think he’d fare well here, with our dressing room for example (not a dig at our players btw) 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Manini said:

I think he’s got that fear element about him, similar to Fergie but take nothing away from him he sets that Sheff team up well. He’s implemented the three at the back and makes good use of his wing backs, he clearly knows his tactical style. 

I think the issue if he were to get a “big” job would be how different types of player personalities would fare with his management style. The players he’s got at the minute clearly respond well to his style but could you see that rubbing off with a dressing room full of superstars? He’s dug his players out on multiple occasions in the press this season and I absolutely love him for it but I could see that rapidly back firing in a dressing room of equally strong characters. I don’t think he’d fare well here, with our dressing room for example (not a dig at our players btw) 

Guardiola has shipped off players that don’t fit in as personalities or just don’t fit his system like Ibrahimovic and Hart. Obviously they’re very different managers and Pep’s CV allows him to do so but I think he’d make it work. Probably depends on the club and the job though tbh

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Guardiola has shipped off players that don’t fit in as personalities or just don’t fit his system like Ibrahimovic and Hart. Obviously they’re very different managers and Pep’s CV allows him to do so but I think he’d make it work. Probably depends on the club and the job though tbh

It could probably be considered lazy to say that it would have suited United because their most famous manager of all time had a similar outlook, but that was a few years ago now and I think they’re probably past that point, but I think he was the type of man they needed when Ferguson left. I think Wilder would do well somewhere like Chelsea with their young squad, personally, but I suppose it’s how he would get on with Roman. He’s also never had cash to spend, really so it would be interesting to see how he’d handle that. I could probably also see him doing a job with a team like Spurs. I could genuinely see him winding up somewhere like Everton though after Ancelotti. 

34 minutes ago, Manini said:

It could probably be considered lazy to say that it would have suited United because their most famous manager of all time had a similar outlook, but that was a few years ago now and I think they’re probably past that point, but I think he was the type of man they needed when Ferguson left. I think Wilder would do well somewhere like Chelsea with their young squad, personally, but I suppose it’s how he would get on with Roman. He’s also never had cash to spend, really so it would be interesting to see how he’d handle that. I could probably also see him doing a job with a team like Spurs. I could genuinely see him winding up somewhere like Everton though after Ancelotti. 

I think he’d have his sights set a bit higher than Everton, I think he’ll end up taking Sheff United as far as they can go, 7th? A few times over maybe 3 or 4 years before leaving for England. Which would be great.

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Rihanna isn't attractive. 

She isn't a 10 face looks wise (most celebs have caked on makeup to look hot) but if she showed you attention you would handle that any day.  I would triple bag it though lol.

Edited by Jattdogg

20 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Rihanna isn't attractive. 

7 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I can’t fathom anyone not finding Rihanna attractive to look at

I think Rihanna is attractive - but she doesn't really do it for me at all.

Purely for balance - Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Idris, Jackman, Clooney, Martin Kemp, Efron are all very handsome blokes but none of them do it for me either.