Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

It’s funny when you’re young and “identify” as something based on music. Like I was about 15 when Britpop hit and was definitely an “indie boy”. Worshipped ol’ Jarvis (he’s still a legend) and hated “dance music and R&B”. Glad I embraced it all as I aged, I now realise 90s R&B was absolutely incredible and so much indie music was dreary white boy mundanity. A couple of years ago I walked past the queue for a Shed 7 gig (I loved them at the time and still have a fondness for them but would never listen to them now) and every single person in the queue was about 40, slightly fat around the middle, dressed in god awful Fred Perry mod bullshit and with that laughable Gallagher/Weller mod haircut. So glad I didn’t end up that way. Xx  

Edited by RumbleFox

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

In terms of talent and standard, All Saints are probably the best UK girl group of the last three decades.

And I don't even think that's much of an unpopular opinion.

Never Ever. What a song.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

There are plenty of very rich owners in the PL. Not least your own. I think it was more to do with the scrutiny they were under from the media, and also the PL rights issue. Sponsors ultimately hold a lot of weight. 

I guess you're right there - I think I've become even more cynical than I was a year ago somehow but I really think the motives behind this takeover not going through, regardless of how they spin it, aren't going to be for the right reasons.

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Mamma Mia is my perfect pop song. 

It has everything. Its catchy, has incredibly written hooks, dynamic chord changes, and is so easy to sing along to. 

I think you could say that about most ABBA songs tbh. Their greatest hits is one big sing along.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah pure shores is probably the greatest pop song of all time

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It has everything. Its catchy, has incredibly written hooks, dynamic chord changes, and is so easy to sing along to. 

Just now, Izzy said:

I think you could say that about most ABBA songs tbh. Their greatest hits is one big sing along.

Keep On Moving by Five is the perfect pop song and I won't accept anyone saying anything different.

49 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Keep On Moving by Five is the perfect pop song and I won't accept anyone saying anything different.

Good tune but it can be a bit bland in places especially the end of the song which just repeats the title over and over for about a minute. And the faux rapping in the bridge (before the chorus) annoys me more than it should 

I'd argue Don't Stop Moving by S Club 7 is the far superior song with that Billie Jean bass line groove. The middle eight in particular is fantastic for the vocals alone. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Agreed.

I think Madonna was brilliant at perfect pop too. Her early stuff is brilliant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed.

I think Madonna was brilliant at perfect pop too. Her early stuff is brilliant.

Spot on. Burning up, Borderline, Holiday & Lucky Star from her first album are awesome tunes.Dress you up and Live to tell are probably my all time favorites though. She's still amazing at 60 odd. A true pop legend. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Genuinely, what have our owners got to do with any of that?

Our owners are CLOSELY related/associated to the King of Thailand. 

The KOT assisted the King of Bahrain by arresting and holding an innocent refugee in a filthy prison for 3 months.

Just an FYI, the refugee was accused of blowing up a police station in Bahrain... at the time he was playing football in a Live TV covered match.

He was COMPLETELY innocent of ANY charges.. but had been known to speak out against the abuses of the Bahrainy King/Government in the past. He was only released due to the pressure of Aussie people and particularly Ex-Socceroo Craig Foster.

Our owners effectively support the human rights abuses.

If anyone thinks that our owners are 100% clean then you are turning a blind eye for convenience. No one gets that rich, especially in a country like Thailand without being a bit morally questionable. That being said I think you would struggle to find anyone rich enough to own a football club who is completely squeaky clean and our owners are far from the worst out there. Just your standard billionaires from a less developed nation.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Our owners are CLOSELY related/associated to the King of Thailand. 

The KOT assisted the King of Bahrain by arresting and holding an innocent refugee in a filthy prison for 3 months.

Just an FYI, the refugee was accused of blowing up a police station in Bahrain... at the time he was playing football in a Live TV covered match.

He was COMPLETELY innocent of ANY charges.. but had been known to speak out against the abuses of the Bahrainy King/Government in the past. He was only released due to the pressure of Aussie people and particularly Ex-Socceroo Craig Foster.

Our owners effectively support the human rights abuses.

Fair enough to a point. Essentially they’re rich in a relatively small autocracy-their main crime is that their all-powerful (in Thailand) king is a twat beholden to the Bahraini royal family. 

I definitely agree that their level of wealth is almost impossible to achieve without some level of wrongdoing, but this is a bit too far removed for me: if the Captain does something do we assume all his soldiers are guilty?

Whereas the things that are attributable to them (that I know of, anyway) are almost unrelentingly positive.