Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Martin George was a great chairman for LCFC

A pint of shandy is tastier than a pint of lager

Germans are not efficient, if they were they wouldn't have lost the two major wars

Reading a book or a newspaper is the most underrated thing in the World along with a good sit down

People should be paid for not having children rather than having them

That doesn't make much sense. They lost the wars because of the overwhelming numbers and fronts they ended up having to fight due to incompetent leaders.

By the end of ww2 German industrial output was actually at the highest it had been during the whole war. This was despite everything having to be underground due to constant air attacks and having to move factories back as the Soviets and allies advanced inwards. That's pretty impressive to me. Although I expect all the slave labour made things easier... Still you can't deny their efficiency even if they were cu**s.

Edited by z-layrex

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Rather than shut kids off from technology at a young age, they should be helped to embrace it and learn how to use it. It's the future

Does this happen? Every child I see is buried in an iPad. Which is fine by me as long as they keep quiet.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Does this happen? Every child I see is buried in an iPad. Which is fine by me as long as they keep quiet.

Can't say I've experienced similar. It's important for them to use it correctly rather than play Facebook games all day mind

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

There is no such thing as gender neutrality.

"The Two Mikes" is the best show on Talk Sport.

PES is more fun than FIFA.

I like Craig Shakespeare as manager.

Working from home is the biggest con of the 21st century.

It is possible to vote Tory and not by default be a right wing fascist.

That is outrageous.

there are 2 genders. if you are born one and you believe it is wrong then you are all entitled to chance your sex, dress in what you like and identify as that gender. but it should be your choice and your parents should not force a gender neutrality on you. there are no different genders apart from male and female. there is only males and females who like different sorts of stuff sexually. thats not a gender thats a preference or a fetish. 

16 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

When your kids constantly play up they deserve a clip around the ear and you shouldn't feel guilty as a parent that you might be done for child abuse

are you not meant to do this? i wouldnt get the belt out on my kids like i had when i was a kid but my daughter gets fair warning verbally before i would even think of clipping them. different parenting styles from different generations. 

There aren't two genders or three or five or twelve or "as many as you want."

There are none. Gender is a lie.

You're free to self identify however you want but it's still just a label, a social construct with no actual necessary function. If you identify as gender fluid, gender queer, transgender or anything else then you're lying to yourself and limiting yourself  just as much as someone limiting themselves to the gender they believe they were born to. 

There are two biological sexes and the occasional mutation in-between. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

When your kids constantly play up they deserve a clip around the ear and you shouldn't feel guilty as a parent that you might be done for child abuse

Is this only confined to kids? I wonder how many 'adults' on here deserve to be clipped once in a while :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There aren't two genders or three or five or twelve or "as many as you want."

There are none. Gender is a lie.

You're free to self identify however you want but it's still just a label, a social construct with no actual necessary function. If you identify as gender fluid, gender queer, transgender or anything else then you're lying to yourself and limiting yourself  just as much as someone limiting themselves to the gender they believe they were born to. 

There are two biological sexes and the occasional mutation in-between. 

did you see me post 3 minutes before you or did we have the same train of thought at the same time? 

9 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

are you not meant to do this? i wouldnt get the belt out on my kids like i had when i was a kid but my daughter gets fair warning verbally before i would even think of clipping them. different parenting styles from different generations. 

1 minute ago, shen said:

Is this only confined to kids? I wonder how many 'adults' on here deserve to be clipped once in a while :ph34r:

When I was a kid 35/40 years ago, I got a constant clip around the ear from parents, grandparents and uncles - and I probably deserved it. I always try to give fair verbal warning to my tow kids but I've got a short fuse and then see the red mist. I'm not proud of my actions but every parent has a breaking point I think. 

The kids at our school are told to report any physical 'abuse' and they're encouraged to recite the Childline phone number off by heart. Is a clip around the ear really 'abuse' though? This is my point. I'm confused what's acceptable these days and I know for a fact I'm not the only parent who occasionally smacks their kids...

Last year my daughter was pissing around before school and wouldn't put her shoes on. We were late and I lost my rag and 'smacked' her leg (which left a mark). An hour later I was dragged in to see the Headmistress who warned me that if I did it again she'd get the authorities involved. Shit myself and been on edge ever since.

• Like 1