Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I love the Wrexham story - I'm all in.

I really don't get the hate (especially from Leicester fans) and can only assume people haven't educated themselves about what's really happening at that club by watching both seasons of the documentary.

The owners have clearly fallen in love with the club, the employee's, the players, their families, the fans, and the town and the community - it's heartwarming.

And all this 'Hollywood FC' stuff is bollocks. The owners are actors FFS so obviously like the limelight but they're not in it to make serious money (they're already about £25m down with building the new stand etc.)

I can only put peoples hate on them down to jealousy, which is a bit sad.

Not for me. I don’t hate them obvs. But you don’t have a clue what’s really happening at the club. You cannot say the owners have fallen in love with the club. You’ve watched a hyped up Hollywood production produced by slick trained media execs, up to you if you buy it but don’t pretend like it’s portraying reality, it’s not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/11/2023 at 21:30, Trav Le Bleu said:

I've often wondered why people imprison cats in their houses just to satisfy their own selfish, and misguided, desire for affection.

Your cat doesn't love you! It just wants, to go outside and kill stuff!

I can cope with the killing of innocent creatures, but your unwarranted abuse of the common comma is absolutely unacceptable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I can cope with the killing of innocent creatures, but your unwarranted abuse of the common comma is absolutely unacceptable 

I would venture, and this an example, that the use of bracketing commas is perfectly acceptable.

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

On which subject, correct use of grammar and language is vastly underrated. And being pedantic is (often but not always) just being accurate.

Yeh, so, pedantic… You don’t have to be accurate if the incorrect version holds its meaning and is understandable compared to the accurate version. Valuing accuracy over meaning is, erm, pedantic 

9 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh, so, pedantic… You don’t have to be accurate if the incorrect version holds its meaning and is understandable compared to the accurate version. Valuing accuracy over meaning is, erm, pedantic 

I told you it would be unpopular...and I did say 'often but not always' too.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

I love the Wrexham story - I'm all in.

I really don't get the hate (especially from Leicester fans) and can only assume people haven't educated themselves about what's really happening at that club by watching both seasons of the documentary.

The owners have clearly fallen in love with the club, the employee's, the players, their families, the fans, and the town and the community - it's heartwarming.

And all this 'Hollywood FC' stuff is bollocks. The owners are actors FFS so obviously like the limelight but they're not in it to make serious money (they're already about £25m down with building the new stand etc.)

I can only put peoples hate on them down to jealousy, which is a bit sad.

I'd actually challenge anyone to watch the whole lot and not end up liking them a little bit. Also, them taking the piss out of Billy Sharp was class. Some great stories around the players as well. Like The Test documentary, you can't help but end up liking them, despite the obvious reasons to dislike them.

53 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'd actually challenge anyone to watch the whole lot and not end up liking them a little bit. Also, them taking the piss out of Billy Sharp was class. Some great stories around the players as well. Like The Test documentary, you can't help but end up liking them, despite the obvious reasons to dislike them.

Agreeing with the not liking part, they are fun and likeable dudes, but to watch it and think it portrays actual reality?! To say they’re NOT in it to make money?!? 
It’s like me watching the beckham documentary and thinking I’m a part of their lives now. Come on… it’s media 

15 minutes ago, Collymore said:

My opinion re Wrexham is that if you have an opinion (good or bad) you care in some way.

My opinion is now being withdrawn so I can go back to genuinely not caring about them again. 

It's all a laugh isn't it. Better than other football owners for that reason.

They are doing this because they can afford to whereas other clubs are probably struggling but it's trolling in the best way.

FB_IMG_1700387927259.thumb.jpg.ed9f6e991f0d83a2adaaef774d7a1a50.jpg

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreeing with the not liking part, they are fun and likeable dudes, but to watch it and think it portrays actual reality?! To say they’re NOT in it to make money?!? 
It’s like me watching the beckham documentary and thinking I’m a part of their lives now. Come on… it’s media 

As long as they don't run the club in to the ground who really cares though

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I would venture, and this an example, that the use of bracketing commas is perfectly acceptable.

I would agree with your venture, and direct you to the final sentence of the post, which contains the offending comma. Doubtless it was caused by a frightened baby bird landing on the keyboard at an inopportune moment…

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

As long as they don't run the club in to the ground who really cares though

In theory yes. But existentially, you kind of do want them to fail to protect our game. You’ve got people who legit believe these Hollywood merchants are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, the love of wrexham and not for money lol. That’s a scary and hugely pervasive prospect. If owners can convince fans that they love a god forsaken town in north wales and it’s football club via a reality tv show, what next?! Dystopian thought and huge possibilities for control.

Unless the initial post was a huge windup and/or a teenager. If it’s not, it’s scary

45 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

In theory yes. But existentially, you kind of do want them to fail to protect our game. You’ve got people who legit believe these Hollywood merchants are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, the love of wrexham and not for money lol. That’s a scary and hugely pervasive prospect. If owners can convince fans that they love a god forsaken town in north wales and it’s football club via a reality tv show, what next?! Dystopian thought and huge possibilities for control.

Unless the initial post was a huge windup and/or a teenager. If it’s not, it’s scary

Wasn't Mel Morris a Derby fan? Turned out well for them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ermmmm us nearly going bust yet still going up. I enjoyed the documentary but as a love/hate thing with Wrexham i couldnt care less. It could be the Spurs doc or the Dog and Duck doc. As long as its footie i dont mind

Joaquin Phoenix is a terrible actor - hammy over acting or emotional nothingness.  'You Were Never Really Here' was alright I suppose but the character did play to his strengths, those strengths being his ability to channel 'vacant plank of wood'.

23 hours ago, bovril said:

I dislike most clubs who aren't Leicester. For some reason disliking Wrexham is the only one that generates so much shock from some quarters. 

I suppose that depends whether or not you just dislike Wrexham because you dislike most football clubs other than Leicester, in which case there's nothing all that unusual about it, or if you specifically dislike Wrexham with any particular level of vitriol? 

• Like 1