Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Guest BlueBrett
26 minutes ago, Langston said:

I can't even pretend I have the faintest understanding over a lot of this sort of stuff, but I find it mad anyone would get actively wound up by it.

They don't really. It's just a game.

On 29/10/2023 at 21:23, The Year Of The Fox said:

Vaping should be allowed in enclosed spaces such as airports/trains even if there are specific areas for it.

I have no idea why vapours are chastised, restricted and bracketed in the same way smokers are 

Vaping may not be odourless, but it doesn’t stick to other people clothes like fags do. 

Vaping has taken over smoking in the UK, with far less health risks, yet we’re still forced to hide in airport toilets having a quick chuff 

Cue the ‘if you can’t go without nicotine for 5 hours’ comments.  Well I can’t, and I shouldn’t have to either, when vaping is as harmless as it is 

Second hand vape makes me cough and feel physically ill.

I actually enjoy being a social vaper though.

• Like 2

Guest BlueBrett
7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its a power play.

Yeah 100 percent. All of the identity politics stuff is. It's so cynical I hate it. The left constantly going on about peoples' skin colour or gender or what they like to do with their genitals in their free time or whatever whilst simultaneously trying to convince everyone it's the right who are divisive lol  It's uber transparent but unfortunately a lot of people are uber dumb.

23 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

As a paid up member of the middle class, metropolitan, Guardian reading, left leaning, university educated liberal elite and moving almost exclusively in these circles I simply don't recognise 95% of the stuff that we're supposedly obsessed with

I'm ****ing disgusted you don't identify as a member of the wokerati. You are everything wrong with the world and I am organising a boycott of your social media output and will be notifying advertisers that I will not buy their products if they associate with you. You're the kind of monster who doesn't even know about the impact of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis on tropical amphibians. How dare you call yourself a Grauniad reader. 

Guest BlueBrett
44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This might be the single most ironic and backwards thing I have ever read on here. 

Fvck that, no. On the entire Internet. 

Like what sort of weird echo chamber are you living in for you to possibly believe that's true. 

Haha did I touch a nerve? You know it is possible to identify as left wing without endorsing all of the heinous tactics they employ. Are you afraid they will revoke your membership card or something? Do you genuinely believe all that stuff is good for society? 

I'm not sure what your complaint is tbh. You don't think what I said is true? I suppose you don't even bat an eye when you hear comments like "any Latino that votes for Trump is a traitor and should be ashamed" repeated across the MSM.

28 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

As a paid up member of the middle class, metropolitan, Guardian reading, left leaning, university educated liberal elite and moving almost exclusively in these circles I simply don't recognise 95% of the stuff that we're supposedly obsessed with

I guess you aren't in that circle then? What you describe is a massive cohort. You could have gone to Soton Solent Uni to do canoe management, a phony masters at Birkbeck, grown up in a nondescript suburban commuter area near a large town and then gone on to be a middle manager at a FTSE 250 on about £45k, with a family car in a 4 bed house in some metropolitan hell. Or you could be born into a family of 'thought leaders', worn tweed jackets from day 1, understood what the BMW system of dining is, been proficient with top shelf wines, call dinner supper, 'read' a degree at OxBridge, and work as an advisor or think tank generalist with a Jan chalet in Verbier and a November time share in Barbados. That is the real middle class

I think a lot of people in the former category, think they are in the latter category, when in fact they are just another working class schlep

7 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Haha did I touch a nerve? You know it is possible to identify as left wing without endorsing all of the heinous tactics they employ. Are you afraid they will revoke your membership card or something? Do you genuinely believe all that stuff is good for society? 

I'm not sure what your complaint is tbh. You don't think what I said is true? I suppose you don't even bat an eye when you hear comments like "any Latino that votes for Trump is a traitor and should be ashamed" repeated across the MSM.

I’m guessing the Blue bit isn’t just because you support Leicester Brett 🤔

Guest BlueBrett
1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m guessing the Blue bit isn’t just because you support Leicester Brett 🤔

Not the first time I've been erroneously accused of being a Tory on here.

I don't vote for any of the *****.