Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away 1-1 post match

1 minute ago, martyn said:

We are lacking an identity.

This, this, THIS and more this. 

You ask anyone now - 'how do Leicester play?' - I'll be ****ed if anyone can give you a decent answer.

Even someone in this thread just said 'Huddersfield are tough to break down, well drilled, etc.'

There is nothing that can be said about the way we play football (do we even play football now?), is there... really? 

And fine, there's people on here happy to watch such unidentifiable mediocrity and put it down to this/that but at the end of the day - we have lost our identity and don't look like getting it back any time soon. 

3 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Yeah but he's also by a very long stretch our best striker, this year, last, the year before, etc, etc.

Of course people are going to give him some slack - he's earns it!

He is our best striker, no doubt about that, but this is more than "giving him some slack", he only had to tap it in.

My point is, some posters here are so outraged when I (and other posters) give some players a pass (they run as fast as they can just to call you a fanboy) for them just to turn around and do the same thing. 

:nigel:

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'm not panicking or calling for the manager's head but tbh I couldn't care less what Liverpool or Watford fans are thinking. It was a poor performance and there's no hiding that.

That's a bit grumpy.  :P

I thought a  sense of perspective was called for, because people in this thread were calling for the manager's head and for the return of Nigel Pearson.

No, really.

I don't think it's unreasonable to use other results in our league to illustrate the loss of sense of perspective.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And people on here wonder why some people get short shrift, it's over the top personally abusive crap like this that gets peoples back up. 

It's about opinions and that's mine, feel free to disagree , it's your opinion. With the exception of result against a poor Brighton side, if you play the same system and get overrun each time, one against an average newly promoted side and don't learn any lessons, then that smacks of icompetancy for me.  Put into the mix some bizarre substitutions and his after match comments that Huddersfield didn't overrun us in midfield and played a 442 like us! Explain how that is not in touch.

4 minutes ago, Hinckleyfox said:

FFS what an over reaction!

I agree, we were not at the races but reading this forum you'd think that we were bottom of the table with 5 games to go. 

we have played 5 games, 3 of which against Chelsea, Man Utd and arsenal. And we didn't disgrace ourselves in ANY of those games. 

It was a bad day at the office, granted, but that is all it was, and it is still a point away from home.

But to imply the season is in tatters and the manager has to go is fecking ridiculous! 

however, I am in complete agreement with the hysteria around Grays dive. Absolute joke and is the reason he doesn't start. The lad needs to grow up and realise he is not the next pele. 

There has been a bit of an overraction here today, granted. But watching the game today got me worried a bit. Why?

Because we played well against Arsenal and Chelsea – and to some extent against United too. But got nothing. No shame in that. What worries me is that against Huddersfield we looked a bit disinterested and certainly played waaaaay below bar. Huddersfield are enjoying a blue patch, but they will get found out and I'll be amazed if they stay up. Today, Huddersfield played ok, nearly to their full potential. But we were not even close to our best – so gave it to them. In fact, they were unlucky not to win – that offside decision is one we can thank our lucky stars for.

The thing is – and I say this withouth any disrespect to Huddersfield – we have plenty enough to come away from theirs with a comfortable win. But we didn't.

My concern is that the Premier League is an unforgiving league, as we've found out. You start dropping points in games you need to win – like today – and you'll soon be in a position where you start needing points from Chelsea away and Man City at home.

Upwards and onwards, but today wasn't a good day for us.

Lets be realistic here, we're not nor were we likely to be Champions league contenders. Southampton lost 16 games last season and finished 8th, that's roughly where we're aiming for. We're going to have bad days this season quite often, we're just going to have to get used to it. Huddersfield are not a bad side. A draw wasn't a terrible result.

Just now, Webbo said:

Lets be realistic here, we're not nor were we likely to be Champions league contenders. Southampton lost 16 games last season and finished 8th, that's roughly where we're aiming for. We're going to have bad days this season quite often, we're just going to have to get used to it. Huddersfield are not a bad side. A draw wasn't a terrible result.

It was a terrible performance from us however I think.

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

He is our best striker, no doubt about that, but this is more than "giving him some slack", he only had to tap it in.

My point is, some posters here are so outraged when I (and other posters) give some players a pass (they run as fast as they can just to call you a fanboy) for them just to turn around and do the same thing. 

:nigel:

The best players in the world will miss chances, even ones that looked as easy at that.

Difference is that the better players like Vardy convert a lot more of their chances. People are only outraged when the same under-performing players continue to suck.

Archived