Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away 1-1 post match

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He had 8 minutes and it was clear Shakespeare was playing for a point. Iheanacho did absolutely nothing, but no-one is saying anything. 

Neither Nacho or Vardy did much but just look at the service to them.

I honestly CAN'T believe I'm still having to rattle on about service to our strikers. We've had ZERO decent service to anyone up front in our team for ****ing ages - since Kante left. 

We have zero creativity apart from a horrendously over-marked Mahrez. 

I literally feel like giving up on going to watch this team until someone pays some decent money and sorts our abysmal midfield out. 

We are so one dimensional it hurts - if Shakespeare, Rudkin, WHOEVER can't see it then set the lot on fire and start again.

It's pathetic. 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Is no one gonna say it? VARDY COST THE TEAM THE 3 POINTS!!!!!!!

Okazaki, slimani, gray and mahrez, if anyone of those 4 missed that, the usual posters In here would be calling for their heads!

I don't wanna hear "you are a fanboy" nonsense ever again! 

The man that scored the equaliser cost the team three points...

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Vardy off for Slimani is a bad substitution.

Vardy is always a danger - Slim not so much when no crosses go into the box.

Slim had a better goals per game and assists per game average than Vardy last season. If people want to ignore that and make out he's can't contribute, it's up to them. But Vardy had done mostly bugger all in that game and we were trying to nick something.

I wonder what the Liverpool forum is like just now, after a draw against a side expected to struggle.  Sounds familiar.

Or the Watford forum after they lost 6-0 at home.

Maybe those using apocalyptic vocabulary could reflect on the positives.

:scarf:

The performance wasn't awful if you take a step back, but our creativity was utterly lacking. If Vardy had put that chance away I think we would have gained a bit of confidence. If you take a look at the table, and our fixtures, we're 14th. Only Swansea and Everton to play below us this matchweek, so we could feasibly still be 14th come Sunday evening.

Poor performance, we improved, we still came away with a point. Perspective, please.

4 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Ffs!!!!

Every single one of your posts on this thread has been absolutely pointless. 

Anyway, a very frustrating day at the office. I feel for Shakey with the squad he has to work with at present. Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, elements of this squad are become difficult to love. 

Just now, the fox said:

Okazaki, slimani, gray and mahrez, if anyone of those 4 missed that, the usual posters In here would be calling for their heads!

... cost us two points, you mean. We did actually get one ?

2 minutes ago, Hinckleyfox said:

FFS what an over reaction!

I agree, we were not at the races but reading this forum you'd think that we were bottom of the table with 5 games to go. 

we have played 5 games, 3 of which against Chelsea, Man Utd and arsenal. And we didn't disgrace ourselves in ANY of those games. 

It was a bad day at the office, granted, but that is all it was, and it is still a point away from home.

But to imply the season is in tatters and the manager has to go is fecking ridiculous! 

however, I am in complete agreement with the hysteria around Grays dive. Absolute joke and is the reason he doesn't start. The lad needs to grow up and realise he is not the next pele. 

This

Just now, the fox said:

Yeah but he's also by a very long stretch our best striker, this year, last, the year before, etc, etc.

Of course people are going to give him some slack - he's earns it!

I thought Shakey's subs were good today. Except I wouldnt have taken Vardy off, but thought "maybe its a good idea if we put some crosses in", which we didnt.

Gray was good and i'd be tempted to start him next match

First half we were terrible. The squad when fit should be capable of much better football

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Slim had a better goals per game and assists per game average than Vardy last season. If people want to ignore that and make out he's can't contribute, it's up to them. But Vardy had done mostly bugger all in that game and we were trying to nick something.

Vardy had done mostly bugger all AND missed from half a yard. 

Just now, CloudFox said:

The performance wasn't awful if you take a step back, but our creativity was utterly lacking. If Vardy had put that chance away I think we would have gained a bit of confidence. If you take a look at the table, and our fixtures, we're 14th. Only Swansea and Everton to play below us this matchweek, so we could feasibly still be 14th come Sunday evening.

Poor performance, we improved, we still came away with a point. Perspective, please.

No no no we must panic now and sack the manager. 

Just now, lifted*fox said:

Neither Nacho or Vardy did much but just look at the service to them.

I honestly CAN'T believe I'm still having to rattle on about service to our strikers. We've had ZERO decent service to anyone up front in our team for ****ing ages - since Kante left. 

We have zero creativity apart from a horrendously over-marked Mahrez. 

I literally feel like giving up on going to watch this team until someone pays some decent money and sorts our abysmal midfield out. 

We are so one dimensional it hurts - if Shakespeare, Rudkin, WHOEVER can't see it then set the lot on fire and start again.

It's pathetic. 

It is frustrating though. We fix some things in the squad but leave glaring holes (only 1 RB and leaving CM til the last ****ing minute). 

Vardy gets about one chance a game on average. Albrighton just does knee-height crosses and everyone else can't kick a ball.

That was awful and I don't see the point in pretending otherwise. King wasn't to blame and neither were the choice of substitutes. There's just such a glaring lack of quality in our first eleven and until we replace Simpson, Albrighton and Morgan we're not going to see any improvement.

1 hour ago, Hinckleyfox said:

I agree, we were not at the races but reading this forum you'd think that we were bottom of the table with 5 games to go. 

we have played 5 games, 3 of which against Chelsea, Man Utd and arsenal. And we didn't disgrace ourselves in ANY of those games. 

It was a bad day at the office, granted, but that is all it was, and it is still a point away from home.

But to imply the season is in tatters and the manager has to go is fecking ridiculous! 

however, I am in complete agreement with the hysteria around Grays dive. Absolute joke and is the reason he doesn't start. The lad needs to grow up and realise he is not the next pele. 

I see where you're coming from, but 3 or 4 'bad days at the office' usually means 'nowhere near Champions League standard'.

Huddersfield are a tough side to beat. They do all the basics well and don't give sides time on the ball at all. We were a Vardy tap in away from getting 3 points. It's obvious where our weak link is hopefully the Silva situation gets resolved and we don't have to wait until Jan to plug it and play catch up. Like last season when Ndidi came in. 

4 minutes ago, Hinckleyfox said:

Amen... and on this note I'm out and people go overreact as much as they want. 

Archived