Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away 1-1 post match

most of the premiership winnimg team - poor second to Huddersfield - they shouldn't really get paid - at best they only perfeormed for 10 minutes

the commentator summed it up - every time Slimini got the ball he said 'thats awful' - can't argue with that

Vardy - the only one looking like scoring- off with 10 to go- even Huddersfield looked puzzled - what the hell kind of decision was that

Great prep for next year - we just watched a championship game

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

4-6 points is pretty much what I expected from the opening 5 games. Below par performance, particularly first half, and such a poor goal to give away. Can't see the results improving too much until we sort our pathetic midfield out though, not necessarily CS fault that he has next to nothing to pick from but a better side would have walked through us today.

Point away from home in the top flight is always reasonable though.   

This!

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Poor performance, could and should have nicked in though. Record goes to W 7 D 3 against teams played outside last seasons top 7. 

A LONG way to go in terms of performances, but FFS people chill the hell out. 

I think people would chill out if the team they just watched played well for 90 min's but we're unlucky to win, having seen signs that this team looks good enough to be out of a relegation battle the fact is we don't we look terrible 

We're awful. No desire. Let anyone and everyone pick a pass or a cross without putting an ounce of pressure on them. We're slow on the ball, can't pass. Play with no speed or urgency. Have no idea what We're doing or what their game plan is. Midfield that won't join the attack. Manager that tactically doesn't know his arse from his elbow. 

I never though Shakespeare would get the job to be honest. I thought the club had more sense. When he got it I really really hoped i'd be eating my words but he just doesn't have it. He won't last the season. Just a matter of time and I hope we don't wait too long. He'll take us down. 

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You think that people shouldn't moan about that performance you are deluded.

We were again outplayed.

No fight or desire.

Ludicrous tactics.

Ridiculous subs.

You expect to dominate every game?

Even when we won the league we scraped some away points.

So I disagree with you.

We will be fine. We have a lot to improve and hopefully once our midfield woes are sorted we will put together a decent streak. We were awful but still scraped a point. I am concerned about Albrighton though, as he has been pretty poor and Gray isn't mature enough to be starting in my opinion

A point away from home would normally be seen as a bit of a bonus, but make no mistake we were second best all over the pitch. Passing a ball is considered to be a basic quality but this was lacking throughout the match. Awful  performance , midfield non existent and CS subbing Vardy is now one of the great mysteries of the universe.

The players didn't look very up for it until the second half and confidence seems a bit low. Overall though, we lack quality. Every team we play seem to be more comfortable on the ball than us, except Brighton. Simpson especially, great defender but you have to wonder if he has ever been taught to pass. 

A point is about right. 

We looked somewhat disjointed and a bit disinterested to be honest. Lacking precision and pressing up front. There were eleven players on the pitch today, but I saw little team work all in all.

There's a distinct lack of cohesion and gameplan under Shakespeare, taking Vardy off for Slimani made no sense - Okazaki should've been subbed, as he was close to a second yellow card. We looked all over the place for most part today and just couldn't hold it together. Minds were elsewhere.

I can't really feel excited about the football or individual performances on show. We're relying on lulling our opposition into some kind of slumber, boring them to death, only to find out that we can barely string two passes together and even less create anything of note up front.

Lots of work to do. Our central midfield is a shambles, most of the work has to be done by Mahrez on the right which leads to one-way and predictable football on our behalf.

Can't wait for Iborra or Silva to add more spice and creativity in the centre. King and Ndidi? Yikes.

Just now, Vacamion said:

People expecting three points on a plate were deluded.

Huddersfield have already proven they are no mugs.

Win your home games, win or draw away, you'll do alright.

They are nothing to write home about. Limited in what they can do. They have an excellent Manager, whom we should have appointed instead of Shakey. They were there for the taking - look have easily Southampton beat Palace

7 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

King will never work in a midfield 2... he's just not that kind of player. Basically played the game without a midfield. Dire performance, lucky to get a point. Iheanacho looked promising and Mahrez looked up for it. Demarai Gray can get ****ed 

Gray did well and should've got a pen. Shakey did right when brought him on.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You think that people shouldn't moan about that performance you are deluded.

We were again outplayed.

No fight or desire.

Ludicrous tactics.

Ridiculous subs.

Why were the subs ridiculous? Is this just the en vogue thing to say at the minute? Albrighton needed to go off, Okazaki was brought on to try and link the midfield and attack that clearly wasn't there. Slim is debatable, but Vardy had done nothing and Slim does have a habit of making things happen. 

1 minute ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

The Vardy substitution was ridiculous, our most dangerous player goes off and Slimani comes on AND LITERALLY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

He had 8 minutes and it was clear Shakespeare was playing for a point. Iheanacho did absolutely nothing, but no-one is saying anything. 

Looked sluggish and lacking ideas. Struggle to keep the ball. I'm hoping more that we beat Liverpool on Tuesday than on Saturday because without a cup run this could be a long season. Won't go down but can't see us breaking the top half. 

Anyway, I'm usually wrong....

Archived