Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

This new stadium in Atlanta is pretty breathtaking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/4b7a05c5-a94d-4241-864b-d3778058a5b2?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbcthree&intc_campaign=bbcthree&intc_linkname=article_atlantastadium_contentcard14

But comes at a price not only for the build $1.5billion  but to watch games $173 but you also have to buy a season ticket.

Shared with the NFL team isn't it?

Fans here sneer at the MLS a bit and it is occasionally cringe but at most grounds there's a decent atmosphere but on twitter you get silent Bolton fans mocking fans backing their team without a hint of self awareness. There's some fair attendances now too.

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

yep. 

Watched Atlanta vs Galaxy and it looked absolutely sensational. Probably one of the most modern stadiums out there. There's a huge LED screen at the top. Apparently there's a Budweiser bar that runs the whole length of one of the stands. From the outside it looks ridiculous as well lol 

Image result for atlanta stadium

pretty cool timelapse of the stadium roof closing as well

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

Fans here sneer at the MLS a bit and it is occasionally cringe but at most grounds there's a decent atmosphere but on twitter you get silent Bolton fans mocking fans backing their team without a hint of self awareness. There's some fair attendances now too.

Agreed, I didn't have many people agreeing with me when years ago I stated crowds in the MLS will rival other top leagues in numbers and atmosphere...infact I'm pretty sure I was mocked.

I know some of the MLS crowds can be a little cringey but some can be pretty great.

What always amazes me that when the fans move stadiums like the Atlanta one they very quickly organize themselves and make a concerted effort to create the same or better atmosphere at the newer round whereas here we're so apathetic we just accept it and rarely do anything so the atmosphere often gets worse.

I guess on the whole we're quite a lazy bunch who don't really care that much about the atmosphere.  Shame really.

14 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Agreed, I didn't have many people agreeing with me when years ago I stated crowds in the MLS will rival other top leagues in numbers and atmosphere...infact I'm pretty sure I was mocked.

I know some of the MLS crowds can be a little cringey but some can be pretty great.

What always amazes me that when the fans move stadiums like the Atlanta one they very quickly organize themselves and make a concerted effort to create the same or better atmosphere at the newer round whereas here we're so apathetic we just accept it and rarely do anything so the atmosphere often gets worse.

I guess on the whole we're quite a lazy bunch who don't really care that much about the atmosphere.  Shame really.

The quality of chants is really lacking and generally they're a bit too 'plastic' but they're loud and would outsing the majority of English clubs, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

The quality of chants is really lacking and generally they're a bit too 'plastic' but they're loud and would outsing the majority of English clubs, unfortunately.

Yeah, the strange thing is I remember years ago some MLS clubs had loads of unique songs, but it seems to have been reduced and you do tend to hear the generic chants that seem to have infiltrated every ground throughout the world, often its events like the Euro's or WC's that create this.  So you now have to endure the Viking warrior/seven nation army chants in grounds in all 4 corners of the globe.

Doesn't do anything for me. Ugly shape, too round, one single roof which looks crap and doesn't help the acoustics. No real variation in stands, in fact it doesn't have seperate stands. I expect it's miles away from the pitch as well.

I don't like any modern stadiums. Designers have forgotten the criteria for a good sports stadium and have just tried to make them look as futuristic as possible as if they were designing spaceships.

It's incredibly impressive, really like the way the roof closes like a camera.

The most mental thing for me though is that the stadium next to it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome) already held 70 odd thousand and was only opened in '92. They spent hundreds of millions of dollars on a stadium that lasted 25 years and have just spent 5 times the amount on another one.

I find this kind of insane development and consumption of resources for financial gain criminal. That they are shafting fans too just makes it worse but of course, there are enough people who are willing to stump up the cash so nothing changes.

16 hours ago, winchesterton said:

the most incredible thing is soda being only $2.

With free refills once you have the cup:thumbup:

Hotdog $2 as well i think and i bet it's better than the shit we get at the KP. This is my new bucket list item, Falcons V Dolphins, which is october this year, so it may have to wait lol 

I thought the new hardrock stadium in Miami looked decent but that video wall and roof are something else.

Archived