Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

7 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I think Ndidi is underrated, he is still young great talent IMO 

Ndidi will be a player but if you look at his game right now, he rarely picks a positive pass and gives away a high number of fouls.

Additionally he doesn't have the anticipation of others - his interception numbers are low. Granted he's a terrific tackler but I've heard some compare him to Viera and Yaya toure. He's miles off that. He'll be a decent player but not a great IMO and is definitely overrated by lots of city fans.

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Ndidi will be a player but if you look at his game right now, he rarely picks a positive pass and gives away a high number of fouls.

Additionally he doesn't have the anticipation of others - his interception numbers are low. Granted he's a terrific tackler but I've heard some compare him to Viera and Yaya toure. He's miles off that. He'll be a decent player but not a great IMO and is definitely overrated by lots of city fans.

Rarely picks a positive pass yet has 100 more passes completed than any other player in our team, I doubt most of them are going backwards.

Can't believe people are talking about dropping Shinji - how many times do we do this and then bring him back when we realise how crucial he is?

Silva will probably have to wait his turn and then come in for either Iborra or Ndidi.

While we have Vardy we'll play 442 with him and Okazaki up front, nothing else we try works as well.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Can't believe people are talking about dropping Shinji - how many times do we do this and then bring him back when we realise how crucial he is?

Silva will probably have to wait his turn and then come in for either Iborra or Ndidi.

While we have Vardy we'll play 442 with him and Okazaki up front, nothing else we try works as well.

Other option is this;

Kasper

Dragovic/NewCB Morgan Maguire

Albrighton Iborra Silva Ndidi Chilwell

Okazaki Vardy

Trouble is that means no Mahrez or Gray.

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

We play better with him ...   and like someone has just posted above ..  lets see who is still here after January ...

Shinji is so vital because he provides the link between defence and attack, and weirdly seems to be the only one they can do it. 

I agree with other posters that we’ll go to more of a 433 and free up Riyad and Gray/Albrighton/Nacho maybe to get closer to Vards. The basis being the 3 midfielders can all cover for each other, when one goes forward, others can drop in, and I have not doubt they will do this and rotate, causing some mayhem for the opposition. That excites me a lot, as we’ll see even more of this short interplay and fast passing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I think you're forgetting he's only 20 years old as well... If he was 5 years older you have a point, but in 2/3 seasons I'm pretty sure he will be one of the top midfielders in the premier league. He's only going to get better providing he stays injury free.

No I don't forget that at all, hence why I said he will be a player.

11 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough then, but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, therefore on the other hand you must be blind if you can't see his potential ;) only kidding, but can't say I agree with you, football is a game of opinions though...

It is of course, but one of my pet hates about modern football is the constant 'he's the best / worst thing ever' driven by the tabloid press, sky / bt and twitter - can't a player just be decent?

Every week we see it with Demerai Gray with people hailing him as the answer to all our prayers followed by the next when he's crap and we should sell him to Plymouth. Maybe forum life isn't for me.lol

Edited by Abrasive fox

• 2 weeks later...

Think this problem will solve itself. Marhez will be off soon and Silva is coming in to a team which is learning a style better suited to his talent. lacking creativity, especially with the way we've been playing, we shouldn't be so worried post Marhez. It's unbelievable we found him, and ridiculous we've kept him so long. but this teams future doesn't hinge on him.

Up the foxes:scarf:

Edited by TheLittleBigMan