Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

We may not see the best of him until next season as he builds his fitness and settles into the Team.

He seems to play with an economy of effort that belies his ability. He's clearly comfortable with the Ball at his feet which is something we've lacked for quite sometime. 

It'll be nice to see him play with Iborra against one of the top six and see them control the game.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Poor first half , excellent second half against a tiring division 2 side. Not sure if I would start him yet 

At the moment you can add poor first game at Fleetwood too. I suspect we will see another cameo off the bench on Saturday and he will start at Peterborough. His first full game in the PL Swansea H ??

he needs a bit of time 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Needs time lol 

he is ok 

no more no less 

he is paceless which is a worry but a big workhouse player beside him might compensate that 

im not convinced 

yet 

He needs time to get match fit and adjust to the pace of our football - don’t be an arse paddy !

even NG took a month .......

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

At the moment you can add poor first game at Fleetwood too. I suspect we will see another cameo off the bench on Saturday and he will start at Peterborough. His first full game in the PL Swansea H ??

he needs a bit of time 

as predicted, whatever prep they have done he is miles off the pace to start in the pl.  he looks like a talented player - he needs to work out how to play in the prem.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Really?

I thought you'd made your mind up after Fleetwood part 1, like you have with Kelechi.

What was it?  SlopSilva or something.  Pathetic. 

I thought you must have been pissed when you wrote it.

Nothing I have seen makes me sure either way and I did actually edit that piece and admit I wasn’t harsh and being grumpy 

I’ll still give him till Easter 

but I’m not sure about him at all 

I could have looked tasty against Fleetwood in 2nd half 

he seems to have great ball control but seems compleatly one paced after 5 yards 

Don't know how people can be putting him down already. Geeez get a grip, fitness and match fitness is totally different, you can't match the intensity of a premier league game in a gym. He's not match fit and won't be for a while, techically he look very good, I think we have a very decent player in him and he will only get better with time.

• Like 1

I was impressed second half with how comfortable he was on the ball and in my opinion he does the genuine article, however I was slightly concerned with his lack of pace, I’m hoping it was down to lack of fitness and playing time.

He would of been perfect with Kante by his side!

Can't believe I am reading people are concerned about his 'lack of pace!'

A player with a good footballing brain doesn't need to run about like a headless chicken or run the 100m in 11 seconds. If you compare Silva to the rest of our midfielders other than N'didi then they are all similarly paced. Unfortunately neither King or James have a great footballing brain. Iborra seems to run at a snails pace yet has a bit of class. Jury is still out on Silva but pace isn't everything.

Over the years I've read the same thing about centre backs. We MUST have a fast centre back. No we don't. A good reader of the game doesn't need to be fast.

• Like 3

What struck me most positively about his performance (particularly in 2nd half)  was how he was 

always looking to find a pocket of space in which to receive the ball. I'm sure the talent is there, he

just needs time to get used to how his team mates operate.  

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Loses the ball a bit but his passing is class. He is always looking to go forward. I think he's just another signing that has to quickly get used to being closed down instantly, not sure how it is in Portugal.

James is ahead of him for now, but I'm sure he'll be starting in the PL in a few weeks, wouldn't even surprise me if he started against Swansea.

• Haha 1