Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Anyone else see the tunnel can video? He was in the green puffer jacket, great to see him waiting and greeting all the players. Seems to be fitting in well under horrible circumstances. 

Wasn' sure it was him at first but the only spurs player he shook hands with was Dier and they played together at Sporting.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

8 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Anyone else see the tunnel can video? He was in the green puffer jacket, great to see him waiting and greeting all the players. Seems to be fitting in well under horrible circumstances. 

Wasn' sure it was him at first but the only spurs player he shook hands with was Dier and they played together at Sporting.

He was standing in the background when the players were waiting in the tunnel to come out for the second half. I don't think he was in this tunnel cam at FT, although he has been there in a few other tunnel cams.

14 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I couldn't make out who that was, I'd be delighted if you're right that it's Silva.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Another man in the middle rather than Okazaki I'd imagine. Oka is 32 in April and played like another midfielder yesterday anyway.

Tbh I'd drop Ndidi. 

Silva and Iborra should be a solid mix of defensive quality and talent on the ball. I can see them working well together and they'll likely be our best midfielders so play them both. 

I think they'll both have fairly conservative roles with Mahrez given the freedom to move in front of them. 

I can see Puel persisting with Mahrez at 10, I think last night was an exception because it was Spurs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Another man in the middle rather than Okazaki I'd imagine. Oka is 32 in April and played like another midfielder yesterday anyway.

He's a pure CM though, whereas Shinji has been playing just ahead of the CM pairing? Assuming we don't change formation, if Silva's going to be playing which we all seem to agree on, surely Wilf or Iborra will be giving way? 

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbh I'd drop Ndidi. 

Silva and Iborra should be a solid mix of defensive quality and talent on the ball. I can see them working well together and they'll likely be our best midfielders so play them both. 

I think they'll both have fairly conservative roles with Mahrez given the freedom to move in front of them. 

I can see Puel persisting with Mahrez at 10, I think last night was an exception because it was Spurs. 

Not for me, N'didi was outstanding last night I thought. He breaks up a ridiculous amount of play, verging on Kante levels. I'd like to try and find room for all three, I'd try Silva in the advanced CM role, so it's as close a straight swap as we can get for Oka.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 12.47.54.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's a pure CM though, whereas Shinji has been playing just ahead of the CM pairing? Assuming we don't change formation, if Silva's going to be playing which we all seem to agree on, surely Wilf or Iborra will be giving way? 

Think we will see a change in formation, and quite a few departures, puel likes to play football, and we have a number that haven’t got the quality to do that, good players but limited.

On the silva one, I think when available he will play, after nearly ruining his World Cup, I don’t think they dare not play him, or he will be off in the summer, so don’t know if we will play 3-5-2 to accommodate the midfield talent, but from what I can make out, puel favours 4-5-1, but feel he will have to find a new system, but the man has enough experience to find a balance I think.

Silva will change the dynamics somewhat and Puel will balance our formation to get the best from the talent we have. It's not a matter of replacing Ndidi or Iborra. We are showing signs of the year we won it all when we move the ball to feet. Even Morgan is trying to follow the plan....Simpson appears the most uncomfortable making a pass under pressure.

Maybe we will go to three at the back, Maybe we will play 4-5-1 with an attacking midfielder in the middle. Mahrez won't have to move into the middle so much if we have quality there already.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:12, Babylon said:

One touch, pass it off and move... so simple, but so few of our lot do it.

It's actually not that simple though really. 

King and Amartey can take one touch and pass and move, but typically the pass will be sideways or backwards and will show no real intent.

Iborra passes and moves in a different way. He gets us up the field, exploiting the little spaces between their defence and midfield. I think we'll see this in Silva too.

There's some intent there. Some vision and ambition, for want of a better term. Very very different to how Amartey and say, Mendy, pass and move.

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It's actually not that simple though really. 

King and Amartey can take one touch and pass and move, but typically the pass will be sideways or backwards and will show no real intent.

Iborra passes and moves in a different way. He gets us up the field, exploiting the little spaces between their defence and midfield. I think we'll see this in Silva too.

There's some intent there. Some vision and ambition, for want of a better term. Very very different to how Amartey and say, Mendy, pass and move.

Ok

• Like 2