Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

20 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Loses the ball a bit but his passing is class. He is always looking to go forward. I think he's just another signing that has to quickly get used to being closed down instantly, not sure how it is in Portugal.

Peterborough are hardly tougher than Porto it's fair to say.

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Kept getting caught, he wont have much space in the prem to fanny on the ball. Can see he has attributes to be good for us, on the bench still for me

On one of those occasions he chased back and won the ball.

Right attitude :thumbup:

• Like 2

I think he had a good game overall. Closed down well in the first half, got around the pitch and supported attacks. He did get caught in posession a few times, and had less influence in the second half, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and will put that down to a lack of competitive match fitness.

I don't think it helped that, as much as I like him, Iborra wasn't at his best today. If I'm remembering correctly, he wasn't giving an easy pass option as often as he usually does. At one point Silva was under pressure after receiving a pass, so turned into centre mid to find no one there and then ultimately lost the ball. I think that's when he chased back and slid to block the low cross. I don't remember what happened before that, so maybe Iborra had a reason to have been higher up the pitch.

I think the first half Silva will be the one we see more consistently through matches once he's completely up to speed though.

Edited by Aesc

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Bloke hasn't played for 4 months and the only games he's had are 2 10 minute spells in the league and 3 games against league one opposition. He probably thought at half time today 'bloody hell this is a bit easy' and switched off - saw enough from him in the first half today to know he'll be decent IMO - love the way he'd played on the half turn and was so positive.

Absolutely, his workrate and positivity were 1st class. He's the midfielder we've needed for a while. With Ndidi beside him doing the defensive duties, i think Silva with thrive playing a more creative role.

Not sure what people were watching 

But he looked bang average in 2nd half against a dire team

matty James has nothing to worry about

he had decent moments in first half but to be fair razor ruddock would have ran that midfield 

not a starter yet for me 

Nacho is interesting may have found his level today but he is young 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

We are crying out for a creative midfielder and I believe he fits the bill with more game time. Him and ndidi will complement each other!

He has the feet and he has the ability 

has he the stamina and heart ? 

I agree  he needs more game time 

but he ain't getting it anytime soon in premiership 

15 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

He has the feet and he has the ability 

has he the stamina and heart ? 

I agree  he needs more game time 

but he ain't getting it anytime soon in premiership 

There are still Questions marks by his name to see if he can cut it in the premier league, I think he has what it takes to adapt, form is temporary, class is permanent!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Not sure what people were watching 

But he looked bang average in 2nd half against a dire team

matty James has nothing to worry about

he had decent moments in first half but to be fair razor ruddock would have ran that midfield 

not a starter yet for me 

Nacho is interesting may have found his level today but he is young 

presume your feed was down in the first half, what strength ABV this evening?

• Haha 2

I note all the comments about him possibly being better in a three and whilst that's most possibly right, we're hardly going to change what is currently a successful winning system just to accommodate him. There are games that may cry out for a three but, until they arrive it's down to him to work hard and adapt to us! I don't think he's shy at working hard and it's early days after a long lay off. Puel does seem to be a manager who rewards form and effort over reputation and price paid which surely has to be right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

presume your feed was down in the first half, what strength ABV this evening?

Honestly my granny could have bossed them in first half they didn’t turn up 

he ran out of steam and was quite poor 

it’s like the Emperors clothes with this fella

time people woke up to the fact he is naked 

14% Lynch Bages it’s all I drink on saturdays this is 2009 one of my fav from my cellar   

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

There are still Questions marks by his name to see if he can cut it in the premier league, I think he has what it takes to adapt, form is temporary, class is permanent!!

Has he got class ?? 

Portuguese Joe Allen is what he looks like to me 

few tricks and little bit of dancing but about as useful to an aspiring top 6 team as a chocolate teapot 

obviously I’m happy to wait till End Of season to be proven wrong 

but I don’t think I will be 

matty James has really stepped up since he arrived , it’s like Matty has looked at this guy and thought if he is a £20m plus player I’m a 50m player ! 

Portuguese Joe Allen 

as you were