Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Showed what he is capable of in the second half and made the most of it. I can see why he's not going to start in the PL for a while as he adapts to the style over here but perfect chance against P'Boro in a few weeks 

• Like 1

A good 90 minutes for him but especially good in the second half when we upped the tempo. 

Everything with Silva is near enough 1 or two touches. Plays the first pass he sees & it makes it hard for players to nick the ball off of him. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So much quicker on the ball than Drinkwater from the glimpses I've seen 

I actually thought he looks like a slightly low rent dd but realise not many will agree. 

17 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Some of the passes tonight, his vision and composure, the way he clicks with other players, how he can cover large distances almost effortlessly...

Phwoar. He's not spectacular, but spectacularly unspectacular. A proper engine in the middle.

Can't wait to see him fully fit.

Ha! What a great way to put it! Sums him up perfectly, and this is how he played for Sporting CP also.

• Like 1

Really believe his link up play and forward drive was at least as good as DD ever was. Different style of play that suits a more cultured midfielder and that’s what we have in silva. Definitely not 100% upto speed and I was screaming at him to take the ball on through the middle in a number of passages of play outside their box. However, in hindsight with his lack of match fitness, he probably wouldn’t have got through to shoot with much power. After looking like a practice match, we woke up after the first goal and totally bossed the second half. COYB:scarf:

Looks some player. 

Puel's possession football made a lot of sense after we lost Kante and Drinkwater. But rapid countering remains the most effective tactic if you have the top players to pull it off. If Silva turns out to be as good as he looks, I reckon we could do it again.

We could do the old 4-4-1-1 with the same front 6 as per the title team but with Ndidi and Silva in the middle. 

• Like 2

I had a few reservations playing both him and Iborra as a pair. It was quite slow build up play in the first half with sideways passing.

That said when Okazaki, Vardy and Albrighton were on in the second half, Silva's class shone through. Some truly silky touches and turns.

My only criticism is at times he was in a great position to shoot but chose one pass too many. 

• Like 3