Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I got the feeling that Saturday's set up with Albrighton in midfield was a trial run to see how the team would adapt to Silva being there, not that I'm suggesting Albrighton is anything like Silva but it would give the rest of the team a feel for that formation and their roles on it.

Silva and a more forward thinking right back would set us up to play a 4-3-3. I believe the reason we really struggle to at the moment is because of the lack of a midfielder who can get in the box and width the fullbacks need to offer in this system.

• Like 2

"Due to regulations Leicester’s New Year’s Day game against Huddersfield Town will come too soon – in international transfers players cannot feature on the day they are registered – so Silva’s first involvement will likely come in the FA Cup third round that following weekend."

They really are screwing him over with the rule book!!!

• Like 1

He's been royally messed around with this transfer to us. Both times we've tried, and eventually signed, him have been a shambles. 

I hope we give him a  real chance. We have put his world cup place in question - it would be a shame not to see him get some chances to show what he's capable of. 

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Could have been but I think it was more to do with the fact Puel wanted someone to do the role of Okazaki but Shinji was fatigued from travelling with Japan and therefore played Albrighton in his role as he's the next most suitable for it... Then mid game switched it around with Iborra to get him closer to Vardy considering the effect he was having on the game.

Maybe but Albrighton spent most of the game further back in a more midfield role so we were more 451 than 4411 when Okasaki plays. It could have been just a one off to suit playing man city. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think you're right, though I'd expect Silva to be a bit deeper. I saw his last game for Sporting Lisbon before signing for us, and he plays as a traditional number 8 and is a box to box player. He's a high energy player that runs and works hard, but is also comfortable on the ball, and he has good technique. He won't necceasarily increase our creativity directly, but is a bit of a metronome player in that he will help us get going and build up the play. Maybe you could liken him to a less good version of Paul Scholes? In the game I saw he scored a goal by Lampard style running into the box late and finishing smartly.

I also can' resist posting this gif of Silva in action away to Real Madrid last season.He did this versus Tony Kroos! Pure class!

giphy.gif

Oh and here are some more skills:

Adrien.doing.the.Laudrup.roulette.HQ.gif

In the second clip, the two players he turns look like they want their lives to end right there and then.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think you're right, though I'd expect Silva to be a bit deeper. I saw his last game for Sporting Lisbon before signing for us, and he plays as a traditional number 8 and is a box to box player. He's a high energy player that runs and works hard, but is also comfortable on the ball, and he has good technique. He won't necceasarily increase our creativity directly, but is a bit of a metronome player in that he will help us get going and build up the play. Maybe you could liken him to a less good version of Paul Scholes? In the game I saw he scored a goal by Lampard style running into the box late and finishing smartly.

I also can' resist posting this gif of Silva in action away to Real Madrid last season.He did this versus Tony Kroos! Pure class!

giphy.gif

well birch did say hes the best midfielder that has ever signed for the club and them videos just make me wow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

The first one is absolutely delightful. A midfield three with him Iborra an Ndidi would look class. A shame he couldn't join us from the beginning.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, les-tah said:

well birch did say hes the best midfielder that has ever signed for the club and them videos just make me wow.

Better than Lennon or Izzett?

Better than Esteban Cambiasso?

Better than N'Golo Kante?

Better than Junior Lewis?(!)

That's some praise. 

Silva could be as good on the ball as Pirlo but he'll still be playing alongside Simpson, Morgan & Albrighton who are much less comfortable on the ball. 

If we keep playing the way we are the pressure on him to perform when he finally starts will be huge.