Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

34 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

So who does everyone reckon is player that’s going to be benched when Silva comes in? Assuming he starts. 

11 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Shinji.

8 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Maybe............so are we thinking Vardy up on his own in a 4-5-1? Or 4-4-1-1 with silva a number 10? 

I don't think anyone will be dropped as it were. Puel has shown he will change the system and personnel as and when it's needed, and I think he'll continue to do that. I think the days are gone where you can comfortably name the starting XI and the shape they'll play in.

We could go 4-3-3 with Iborra, Ndidi and Silva in the middle and Mahrez, Gray and Vardy up front.

We could go 3-5-2 with Chilwell and Albrighton as wing-backs and Okazaki and Vardy up front (same 3 in central midfield).

But, based on his tenure so far it does look like Shinji and Albrighton are likely to be disappointed most often. It's hard to leave Albrighton out in current form, though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Maybe............so are we thinking Vardy up on his own in a 4-5-1? Or 4-4-1-1 with silva a number 10? 

Silva is more of an 8 than a 10 but yeah that could be one possibility.

I think a 4-3-3 could be also worth a try

Kasper

Back Four

Iborra   Ndidi     

Silva          

Mahrez      Vardy   Gray/Albrighton

Edited by ZeGuy

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I don't think anyone will be dropped as it were. Puel has shown he will change the system and personnel as and when it's needed, and I think he'll continue to do that. I think the days are gone where you can comfortably name the starting XI and the shape they'll play in.

We could go 4-3-3 with Iborra, Ndidi and Silva in the middle and Mahrez, Gray and Vardy up front.

We could go 3-5-2 with Chilwell and Albrighton as wing-backs and Okazaki and Vardy up front (same 3 in central midfield).

But, based on his tenure so far it does look like Shinji and Albrighton are likely to be disappointed most often. It's hard to leave Albrighton out in current form, though.

You're right for the most part but Albrighton has his first good game since for ever.

His first game available will be in the FA Cup so I expect Claude to rotate quite heavily depending on the opponent. As for how he integrates him after that, I can't see him dropping Iborra and Ndidi as they're becoming such a unit - most like Shinji as most people have said. Which means that Slim may well be on his way in January.

45 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Silva is more of an 8 than a 10 but yeah that could be one possibility.

I think a 4-3-3 could be also worth a try

Kasper

Back Four

Iborra   Ndidi     

Silva          

Mahrez      Vardy   Gray/Albrighton

I think this is probably our best formation hope Mahrez stays at least until the end of the season 

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Totally disagree.

That's fine and what the forum is for - I guess we all want him to turn into a world beater but he isn't anywhere near anything other than a bog standard midfielder at the moment, hopefully with age he will improve but compare him with someone like Doucoure at watford - hes different gravy.   

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Hopefully N'didi, I really want to believe the hype but he's just massively overrated. If you stick him in any other side similar to ours you wouldn't even notice him, harsh but reality IMO

He has the highest tackle rate in the league by a considerable distance, that's not hype it's a fact.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

That's fine and what the forum is for - I guess we all want him to turn into a world beater but he isn't anywhere near anything other than a bog standard midfielder at the moment, hopefully with age he will improve but compare him with someone like Doucoure at watford - hes different gravy.   

I just don't think we can drop him ...   Iborra has the composure but N'Didi has the pace and is the nearest we have to a box to box midfielder ...    I'm not saying he is irreplaceable but we need him at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Hopefully N'didi, I really want to believe the hype but he's just massively overrated. If you stick him in any other side similar to ours you wouldn't even notice him, harsh but reality IMO

I'd be interested to know how you did come to this conclusion, because he pretty much hit the ground running, is one of the best players over the two seasons, largely helping us to not go down last season and has been a starter under every manager. Remarkable for his age and in a team that consistently underperformed. His association with Iborra is now starting to work at full throttle and you want to bench him?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

One of our best players on Tuesday and away to Stoke, got a lot to learn but he already looks a really good player. Don't know what youre watching.

• Like 2

Shinji is not technically gifted with the ball on his feet but he is excellent off the ball and that is why Walsh brought him here to pair him with Vardy.

Players spend 95% of time without ball in a game so off the ball performance is more important than most people think.

Plus we have been the team with less possession to counter-attack the opposition therefore it was even more important factor when we won the title.

15/16 team won the title with the team of incomplete players IMO.

Incomplete that they cannot get straight into big clubs but they have standout ability in particular skills.

Having said that, if we are to be possession based team, Silva is the answer and hope he does well there.

Edited by KingKoala