Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox1norfolk

Diving

i thought it was a foul and im really confused that after it was a foul and it was given as a foul some other fellas have decided not only was it not a foul but it was a dive, worthy of a 2 game ban. games gone. 

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

lol  JV knows exactly what he is doing

Cause he does, but he’s not conning the ref by diving untouched, the oppo player is not being forced to challenge him, and it’s not vardys fault if a player can’t get in front of him because of his speed. It’s a skill as simple as that. If another player doesn’t want to give away a penalty, then keep clear of him.

Unsworth:

"I think it's a great rule but it doesn't change my stance on if there's contact anywhere on the pitch - slight or not, contact is contact," said Unsworth.

"We don't want contact taken out the game. Slowly but surely it has started."

This guy should be banned for these comments alone.

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i thought it was a foul and im really confused that after it was a foul and it was given as a foul some other fellas have decided not only was it not a foul but it was a dive, worthy of a 2 game ban. games gone. 

Yes it has. This will surely set a huge precedent. 

3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Unsworth:

"I think it's a great rule but it doesn't change my stance on if there's contact anywhere on the pitch - slight or not, contact is contact," said Unsworth.

Agreed, he talks absolute crap. I get managers will always defend their players but when your player has blatantly cheated then you just can't defend that. 

13 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

It was never a foul. There was absolutely no contact at all. You are in a very small minority if you think that was a foul and also if you think players should not get banned retrospectively for cheating. The game is gone if you believe that not punishing cheating is the way forward. 

Just imagine the scenes. City and United are both going for the title on the final day of the season. City score a late penalty, won by an Aguero dive and city win the league. 2 days later the panel reviews Agueros dive and agrees it was a dive and ban him for the start of the following season but also take 2 points off city handing the title to united. 

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Unsworth:

Those comments make no sense, surely saying you are entitled to go down under any contact is more likely to turn it into a contactless sport not punishing people for throwing themselves to the floor.

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Unsworth:

What's his point there?

The ruling is encouraging contact, especially in this case.

This contact/non-contact debate becomes so black and white. It's so subjective and situational what constitutes a foul. When is a shove or push a foul, when is it a 'tussle for position'?

Vardy is a brilliant example of a pacy striker who, if nudged lightly while in full stride, will most likely lose balance and fall over.

Yet the same player will have superb balance and agility when closing down defenders and attempting tackles.

Messi by comparison suffers unreal amounts of fouls, but he rides them because his ball control is far superior and he can keep his balance.

It's sometimes very difficult to know when a player falls if it was a stumble/slip, an infriction from an opposition player, poor balance or ball control or a dive.

The only viable way to deal with it would be with live video refs who can then report suspicious situations for subsequent investigations.

Absolutely black and white for me ...   If there is contact which causes a player to fall then it's a foul ..   No contact it's a dive.  When JV 'draws' a foul he is, maybe only marginally, knocked off balance ...   He is master at it because he is too quick for the defender.  If a player goes tumbling without contact he is a fookin cheat ..   And throw the book at him.  I would love it to be stamped out otherwise it will ruin the game ...    Ultimately we will have players leaping about all over the place like some demented Monty Python sketch ... 

51 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Absolutely black and white for me ...   If there is contact which causes a player to fall then it's a foul ..   No contact it's a dive.  When JV 'draws' a foul he is, maybe only marginally, knocked off balance ...   He is master at it because he is too quick for the defender.  If a player goes tumbling without contact he is a fookin cheat ..   And throw the book at him.  I would love it to be stamped out otherwise it will ruin the game ...    Ultimately we will have players leaping about all over the place like some demented Monty Python sketch ... 

I agree it's black and white but not in the way you are saying.

Diving is intentionally falling over. It doesn't matter if someone attacks you with a flamethrower, if you fall over on purpose (i.e. the contact doesn't trip you/knock you over) then it is a dive. That is the definition.

Feeling a touch and then throwing yourself over is just as much of a dive than if there is no contact. Tired of this 'right to go down' culture. You never have a right to go down. You act like a man and stay on your feet unless you are physically unable to do so. The game should be built around this principle with no exceptions.

8 hours ago, shen said:

This contact/non-contact debate becomes so black and white. It's so subjective and situational what constitutes a foul. When is a shove or push a foul, when is it a 'tussle for position'?

Vardy is a brilliant example of a pacy striker who, if nudged lightly while in full stride, will most likely lose balance and fall over.

Yet the same player will have superb balance and agility when closing down defenders and attempting tackles.

Messi by comparison suffers unreal amounts of fouls, but he rides them because his ball control is far superior and he can keep his balance.

It's sometimes very difficult to know when a player falls if it was a stumble/slip, an infriction from an opposition player, poor balance or ball control or a dive.

The only viable way to deal with it would be with live video refs who can then report suspicious situations for subsequent investigations.

I actually think it's fairly easy to tell 95% of the time. There's too many apologists for cheats these days. We see it game in, game out and it needs a firm stance taking on it, not this inconsistent, halfway house thing we've got going on now.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I agree it's black and white but not in the way you are saying.

Diving is intentionally falling over. It doesn't matter if someone attacks you with a flamethrower, if you fall over on purpose (i.e. the contact doesn't trip you/knock you over) then it is a dive. That is the definition.

Feeling a touch and then throwing yourself over is just as much of a dive than if there is no contact. Tired of this 'right to go down' culture. You never have a right to go down. You act like a man and stay on your feet unless you are physically unable to do so. The game should be built around this principle with no exceptions.

I think we sort of agree.   By coming down VERY hard on players who blatantly cheat (ie no contact) this will, imo, have a BIG impact on players who try to go down after minimal contact (which is much harder to police).  Expecting players to stay on their feet no matter what aint never going to happen ....    lets just start with blatant cheating and take it from there.

I thought he was obstructed and then made a meal of it but then obstruction happens all over the pitch and is rarely punished and probably encouraged players to over react.

Archived