Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Albrighton. Underrated?

He grate ..   Marcy Magic !!!   Him wizard on the ball and you English peegs are luckily to have him !!!    When he move to Barca you will mees him !!   Too late !!!!   Better than Vardy ..  Hypnotists !!!   Sorry I mean hypocrits !!  ..    I come from Brummie and my English bad.

• Haha 1

Albrighton has been underrated since the day we bought him.

This season he started magnificently, had a few below average games, but now back to excellent form.

integral to our pressing game.

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

He grate ..   Marcy Magic !!!   Him wizard on the ball and you English peegs are luckily to have him !!!    When he move to Barca you will mees him !!   Too late !!!!   Better than Vardy ..  Hypnotists !!!   Sorry I mean hypocrits !!  ..    I come from Brummie and my English bad.

You original, your English is the right and only way...Queens English..they're all bloody German.

Stayed in the south and ruined a great poetic, Slade, Jasper-carrot rebirth of the Real English.

Southerners  have alot to answer for...thank god the gud ol cockney is still holding out, they'd

rather, tea-leaf a silver spoon, than put it in their mauth, and sound like lawers, Judges, and 

worse politicians....Silver-spooners excuted poor ol Guy Fawkes, not because of that ill fated

righteous attempt, he got his cumupence, cos of his lovely articulate English accent...

Albrighton a son of Brum...

Overlooked by our fan base, but that is the fate of every second tier workhorses. Imho he is our very own James Milner. 

A soldier whom you can expect to run himself to the ground and give his all any given time, but with very sparse end-product.

I had tremendous hopes for him and thought he would make it to the national team within no time, but the truth is he just can't cross to save his mother's life.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

Overlooked by our fan base, but that is the fate of every second tier workhorses. Imho he is our very own James Milner. 

A soldier whom you can expect to run himself to the ground and give his all any given time, but with very sparse end-product.

I had tremendous hopes for him and thought he would make it to the national team within no time, but the truth is he just can't cross to save his mother's life.

Cobblers.

• Like 2

Found it amazing really in the last two years he hasn't been considered for at least one england call up, can put some excellent crosses into the box. Perhaps something England need, yes we've got a few good wingers currently but a lot prefer dribble it in the box rather than cross it. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Found it amazing really in the last two years he hasn't been considered for at least one england call up, can put some excellent crosses into the box. Perhaps something England need, yes we've got a few good wingers currently but a lot prefer dribble it in the box rather than cross it. 

TBH, his crossing since the start of last season has been pretty cwap - (though his little chip for Vardy last week was great).  The difference yesterday, was that he played it on the floor at lot more, and so the only crosses he really put in were the corners - which were also cwap...

If he can get his radar working properly, again, it'd be awesome, but if he keeps playing like yesterday, we'll make do without them.

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

Underrated for me alright. Was excellent yesterday.

Have great time for Marc. He's not quite top drawer and personally I felt that when Claude picked Gray over him the first few games that he had fallen completely out of favour. His attitude is as good as any player we have. Can be in and out of the team but he just gets on with it.

When you consider that he was signed on a free transfer he's had some truly memorable goals for us. Chelsea April 2015,Swansea 2016, Brugge 2016, Seville 2017.

Doubt he's anybody's favourite Leicester player but he can be vital for the team at times.

On 12/3/2017 at 18:43, The Doctor said:

Back in the day - Steve Howard. Ball would go up, then didn't matter who was the aggressor, free kick was coming against him.

Very nearly added him into that post. The referees' treatment of him was an absolute disgrace.

The commentators here were raving about him yesterday - saying that although he's not as skillful as Mahrez he is so solid defensively and generally underrated. And then he goes and plays that glorious Mahrez-like cushioned pass for Gray to wallop. And then he plays another great ball to Vardy for the winner.

If Southgate has people rating every English qualified player week by week he must be SO close to a call up. 

He's looked so much better under Puel this season as he was struggling a bit early on after a great second half of last season.

Looks like he's not actually been instructed to just lob it forward anymore and so you can actually see how comfortable he is on the ball and how good his close control is now he's not just launching it.

His cushioned assist for the 2nd and his through ball to Vardy for the 3rd were both quality.

You hear a lot of criticism of players that "they are not as good as they think they are" but I think Albrighton is the opposite. He's a much better dribbler and has much better close control than I think he realises sometimes, just needs a manager to give him confidence in his own technical ability.

Edited by Sampson

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, kushiro said:

I think that critical threshold has been reached - where the number of people who think he's underrated is greater than the number who actually underrate him.

Here's today's Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/24/ten-underrated-premier-league-players

That's actually a very good list.

54 minutes ago, kushiro said:

I think that critical threshold has been reached - where the number of people who think he's underrated is greater than the number who actually underrate him.

:D 

I know I only watch Leicester on the box but 'Albrighton underrated' has become one of those almost predictable comments that a commentator will make at some point. Why, I've even started noticed inroads being made on 'Albrighton England why not?' combinations. 

I recall people/journos suggesting 'Guppy for England'... and then it happened.... and then it went quiet, never to be repeated!