Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

32 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

A seriously poor squad? Vardy, Mahrez, Maguire and Ndidi, come on, the style of football does not suit our players and if he keeps setting up in the same way I promise you he won’t be given two seasons to judge him! 

That’s it 4 players , the rest are lower level premier league and championship quality 

we sold Drinky and Kante , and the rest have all reverted to their career status pre 2016 

He needs time and his own signings just my opinion  

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

The problem here is that Puel has done nothing wrong really, 2 wins in 12 isn't great but there's been more positives than negatives.

What are the positives? 

Wrong team selections, baffling substitutes at times! Even the players look confused at times! Slow lethargic performances! Take away the manager bounce and we are on relegation form! 

If he did end up getting sacked who would realistically come in? People want dyche but he wouldn't leave Burnley for us he has a cushy job there no pressure. We could end up with someone a lot worse than puel. Pardew and Wenger will be the only 2 available at the end of the season 

3 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

That’s it 4 players , the rest are lower level premier league and championship quality 

we sold Drinky and Kante , and the rest have all reverted to their career status pre 2016 

Schmeichel, Dragovic, Iborra, Silva, Okazaki, Iheanacho etc are Championship level? What are you on?

We are comfortably the strongest team outside of the top clubs in the league right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

If he did end up getting sacked who would realistically come in? People want dyche but he wouldn't leave Burnley for us he has a cushy job there no pressure. We could end up with someone a lot worse than puel. Pardew and Wenger will be the only 2 available at the end of the season 

and Nigel 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

What are the positives? 

Wrong team selections, baffling substitutes at times! Even the players look confused at times! Slow lethargic performances! Take away the manager bounce and we are on relegation form! 

I agree I'm not happy with the style of football and tactics but can of the base of the season he's taken us from the bottom three to 8th, into the quarter finals of the fa cup, league cup quarter finals... either that or he was just lucky in his first few months in charge.

Don't get me wrong if get the chance to hire Benitez in the summer, I take him any day.

Just now, Beechey said:

Schmeichel, Dragovic, Iborra, Silva, Okazaki, Iheanacho etc are Championship level? What are you on?

We are comfortably the strongest team outside of the top clubs in the league right now.

Schmeichel makes a lot more mistakes the big clubs have stopped sniffing and Okazaki is quality the jury out on the other 4 infact they have performed best against the lower league clubs so yes that might be their level 

i just think the manager needs a couple of seasons , we are doing fine and we are nice and safe 6 other clubs would beg to be in our position 

just my opinion , doesn’t mean I’m totally right in the fullness of time 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I hope he gets the summer to get the players he wants. But I have a feeling the owners might look to see who else is available. 

I dont. Top 10 gives him rightly the 2nd season.I said He has for me carte Blanche,because Hes

Going to try to slowly Change Things,with new/old Players,and new ideas.This Squad still might

start produce ,but WE need to See which Players,He can develope from within and His own

New Targets.I find it totally nonsense from Fans who even Put the Idea Forward,He should be

Pushed Out..We Thanks to him are top 10,but inconsistent and indifferent,because of implementing

the Changes that was obvious and desperately needed.....with a tired Squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Ironically if you look at the match stats from yesterday any neutral fan would believe we were unlucky to only draw we had something like 68 percent possession, 11 corners, 21 attempts at goal 6 on target.  Tis not the managers fault, we are so poor at corners?  He is trying to change the way we play, and this does take time.  He must be given a full pre season and the chance to bring in the players who he believes can improve us.  I believe part of the problem at City is player power.  Morgan comes back into the side after  Dragovic has done nothing wrong, old guard having their way again.

I can't accept that Dragovic is undisputedly better than Morgan. Morgan hasn't done much wrong since he came back in the team and is stronger and better in the air than Dragovic and after conceding from so many set pieces recently I can fully understand Morgan ahead of Dragovic.

If Dragovic had been playing like a prime Jaap Stam I would agree with you but he isn't. Dragovic is a decent player but he's not really an upgrade on what we have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Schmeichel makes a lot more mistakes the big clubs have stopped sniffing and Okazaki is quality the jury out on the other 4 infact they have performed best against the lower league clubs so yes that might be their level 

i just think the manager needs a couple of seasons , we are doing fine and we are nice and safe 6 other clubs would beg to be in our position 

just my opinion , doesn’t mean I’m totally right in the fullness of time 

I think we're just unlucky right now. How many clear chances have we missed in the last 2 games? Like 6 or 7 right I think right? If we've scored even one third of them, we wouldn't be talking like this.

Just now, fuchsntf said:

I dont. Top 10 gives him rightly the 2nd season.I said He has for me carte Blanche,because Hes

Going to try to slowly Change Things,with new/old Players,and new ideas.This Squad still might

start produce ,but WE need to See which Players,He can develope from within and His own

New Targets.I find it totally nonsense from Fans who even Put the Idea Forward,He should be

Pushed Out..We Thanks to him are top 10,but inconsistent and indifferent,because of implementing

I agree but if the season finishes like at southampton last season they will see who they can get. 

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Best post I have read 

9 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

I agree with you but why not wait until the end of the season and get the right players in to suit the style of football he wants to play!

Please god no more playing Danny Simpson in an offensive role crossing the ball like a cow on a bike!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Quique sanchez flores, tuchel, paolo fonseca. Don't have to limit ourselves with whose available with prem experience. Would still stick with puel imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

We've had bad runs under every manager but I never felt this bored under Pearson, Ranieri and Shakespeare, first half yesterday made me feel tired.

This is just selective memory bollocks to emphasise a point falsely.

You must have erased the Ranieri last couple of months when we scored once in about two months playing turgid football or the Shakespeare away draws at Bournemouth and Huddersfield when we made them look like Barcelona as we stole a point in both games.

The Puel "bad times" at least has us dominating games statistically even if we aren't getting the results we expect. We're still 8th and in the FA Cup QF despite not firing on all cylinders.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The Puel "bad times" at least has us dominating games statistically even if we aren't getting the results we expect. We're still 8th and in the FA Cup QF despite not firing on all cylinders.

Sound like the Tottenham fans we all took the piss out of.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You must have erased the Ranieri last couple of months when we scored once in about two months playing turgid football or the Shakespeare away draws at Bournemouth and Huddersfield when we made them look like Barcelona as we stole a point in both games.

its pleasing we have possession - but we need to learn what to do with it...eg create scoring chances with guys in thebox..not corner in to the goalie's hands

23 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

and Nigel 

I hope he sorts hum self out then.

I think the owners need to talk with hum and see what his vision in terms of style of play is... if they are happy then let him bring in the players.  IMO I expect Vardy will be off as we no longer play to his strength... Mahrez will go if he keeps putting in good performances... I hope puel has a strong vision...

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Dominating games with side wards and backwards passing all the way back to Kasper who then hoofs it out of play!

• Like 2

He's changing to more possession based football with attacking full backs and hasn't had a full summer to bring in players that suit that system. It's frustrating watching at times but he has to be given a full summer before we get too critical. We got worse before we got better with Pearson. It's easy to forget that. We are definitely short of the type of players required to fit his style. 

38 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I can't accept that Dragovic is undisputedly better than Morgan. Morgan hasn't done much wrong since he came back in the team and is stronger and better in the air than Dragovic and after conceding from so many set pieces recently I can fully understand Morgan ahead of Dragovic.

If Dragovic had been playing like a prime Jaap Stam I would agree with you but he isn't. Dragovic is a decent player but he's not really an upgrade on what we have.

I may be wrong but I believe Morgan rarely wins  crucial headers eg at corners (either way) etc. 

And Drag can play football much better than Morgan who looks so uncomfortable with a ball 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tringfox said:

Dominating games with side wards and backwards passing all the way back to Kasper who then hoofs it out of play!

I accept stats can be misleading but here are the facts about our last three home games:

An average of just under 61% possession.

Shots on target we lead 17-6

Shots off target we lead  22-8

Corners we lead 29-5

Say what you want about stats but that suggests we aren't too far away from being a level above these sides. The three goals we've conceded have been from a penalty, a corner and a shot outside the box which suggests we're defensively quite comfortable. 

Under Ranieri and Shakespeare we were on the opposite end of stats like that. We're not that far way from getting everything right with those stats.

• Like 4