Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

35 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I See what you mean but....I

Reckon we would,but not so often with those technical Highlights He brings.

If WE had one more Supporting Player for Vardy,and a midfield who could consistently

be the creative Player for those attacking Players,we would be playing far better football

Mahrez for Teams Like us,should be the topping on the cake, giving us a Chance of

a top 6 Routine. So far we failed with Slimani,Musa,Mendy,Kapu,etc that frustrated us

over the Last 2seasons...Now we have Nacho/Gray/Diabate....then Iborra + Silva

Who haven't Hit the Ground running,but are showing Potential.

Puel,rightly is asking more questions of the Squad,the Changes Hes trying to Implement

Was needed,but with an inconsistent group of Players,who Show some great movement,

then sully It with poor form. Puel /any Manager needs, this Rest of the season and

Until November,to See If WE Show that the require Changes,and developement and rebuilding

is working under is tenure. That does Not mean we should be looking for ridiculous OTT

Expectations, but consistently in Players Form,an upward curve in Individual quality,and

Team Performances....

It's the lack of midfield creativity that's doing us the most damage at the moment.

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

It's the lack of midfield creativity that's doing us the most damage at the moment.

This. I'm really surprised to see Iborra barely get a mention on here, or maybe it's because I've not been reading enough.

It's no coincidence our drop in form has coincided with him vanishing from the team. He's one of the few players we have that consistently actually looks to thread a pass forwards. He used to start a lot and get us on the front foot. 

Silva was the only person actually attempting this against Bournemouth and we took him off. Weird. I can only assume Matty James has some serious dirt on Puel! I don't get the obsession at all. I'm not a James "hater" just as I wasn't a King "hater." The only thing I hate is how juvenile those terms and this place are whenever you dare criticize a player who's been here more than a season and isn't foreign. I mean, look, both are okay midfielders if you want to scrap it out at the bottom of this league. They're solid professionals who give it their all, etc.

But neither are actually good enough to be starting at the level we want to be playing at. Especially not as the more creative of a midfield two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

This. I'm really surprised to see Iborra barely get a mention on here, or maybe it's because I've not been reading enough.

It's no coincidence our drop in form has coincided with him vanishing from the team. He's one of the few players we have that consistently actually looks to thread a pass forwards. He used to start a lot and get us on the front foot. 

Silva was the only person actually attempting this against Bournemouth and we took him off. Weird. I can only assume Matty James has some serious dirt on Puel! I don't get the obsession at all. I'm not a James "hater" just as I wasn't a King "hater." The only thing I hate is how juvenile those terms and this place are whenever you dare criticize a player who's been here more than a season and isn't foreign. I mean, look, both are okay midfielders if you want to scrap it out at the bottom of this league. They're solid professionals who give it their all, etc.

But neither are actually good enough to be starting at the level we want to be playing at. Especially not as the more creative of a midfield two.

I am a big fan of Iborra. He had a couple of not so great games though, got dropped from the team entirely, and whilst he's now been promoted back to the bench just hasn't featured. It seems to take him a match or two to get warmed up again (he got some serious abuse fans sitting by me on his cup debut when he really wasn't great, it was rather uncomfortable!), so that's concerning now as it's a few matches since he last played. 

I can sort of see why Puel wants a James/Ndidi type combo in midfield, he likes to control that area the best he can and leave the creativity to those in front of them. However you need attack-minded full backs, particularly at home because if you don't you've practically got 6 back. Also need the 2 sitting midfielders to make forward passes into feet and some better movement from the front 4. Iborra isn't perfect but I think alongside Ndidi it is our best partnership. Maguire is the best we have at picking a pass into someone's feet and that says it all.

I really don't understand Iborra's outright exclusion really, he's arguably our best midfielder. I must admit, I'm letting Puel off with our league form because I'm finding it hard to care about the league at all, I'm just ready for the reset button and another season. The cup is the only thing keeping me excited. I think a proper window with Puel, getting his type of players in and we'll be fine. 

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I did a very quick count up the other day, Iborras last 9 games we got 12 points and in James't last 9 it's 10. So we're talking someone actually converting one of our 51 missed chances in the last three home games to have walked out with the same number of points. Personally it's time he got another chance, because James hasn't been good enough of the last game and a half, he vanished completely, but I think people over overstated what we were producing with Iborra, a bit like they seem to be doing with Dragovic.

As for Silva coming off, it's ok to be passing forward, but he was giving the ball away with pretty much every kick towards the end. The first sub buggered us as frankly they both needed subbing, but I couldn't see a way of making all the changes we needed with two subs left.

On 3/3/2018 at 21:58, KJT said:

Sean Dyche would have been just the right type of manager city should have got. We would have played the the type of direct attacking football we were used to (not hoofball). The type of football the Puel wants us to play isn't right for the Premiership.

Dyche plays exactly the same way, or worse. They play a target man up front and win 1-0 in 90% of their home games.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I did a very quick count up the other day, Iborras last 9 games we got 12 points and in James't last 9 it's 10. So we're talking someone actually converting one of our 51 missed chances in the last three home games to have walked out with the same number of points. Personally it's time he got another chance, because James hasn't been good enough of the last game and a half, he vanished completely, but I think people over overstated what we were producing with Iborra, a bit like they seem to be doing with Dragovic.

As for Silva coming off, it's ok to be passing forward, but he was giving the ball away with pretty much every kick towards the end. The first sub buggered us as frankly they both needed subbing, but I couldn't see a way of making all the changes we needed with two subs left.

Sadly Silva was poor, I'm yet to see what we paid the money for at the moment. Hoping for him and Nacho to prove me wrong (still waiting on Slimani and Musa).

There was one moment early in the first half where he space and time in the middle of the Bournemouth half, he saw Albrighton in space on the wing waiting for a simple ball out to him. Instead he just kicked it at a Bournemouth player who was a good metre or so from where he should have passed it. Had the Bournemouth player not the been there it would have sailed out for a throw in with Albrighton having no chance of reaching it. His whole technique was wrong, there was no way he was going to get the ball to Albrighton kicking it like that. It was weird that it was so shit I would be disappointed if my mate passed like that on a Sunday morning. For a portuguese international to not be able to play a simple 15 yard pass out to the wings under no pressure was very worrying.

Hope he sorts it out soon because Silva was crap on Saturday.

Just now, Captain... said:

Sadly Silva was poor, I'm yet to see what we paid the money for at the moment. Hoping for him and Nacho to prove me wrong (still waiting on Slimani and Musa).

There was one moment early in the first half where he space and time in the middle of the Bournemouth half, he saw Albrighton in space on the wing waiting for a simple ball out to him. Instead he just kicked it at a Bournemouth player who was a good metre or so from where he should have passed it. Had the Bournemouth player not the been there it would have sailed out for a throw in with Albrighton having no chance of reaching it. His whole technique was wrong, there was no way he was going to get the ball to Albrighton kicking it like that. It was weird that it was so shit I would be disappointed if my mate passed like that on a Sunday morning. For a portuguese international to not be able to play a simple 15 yard pass out to the wings under no pressure was very worrying.

Hope he sorts it out soon because Silva was crap on Saturday.

I remember the pass you mean.

You expect creative players to lose possession by taking risks, sadly his all seemed unforced and he just got them all wrong.

Maybe going 352 is the way forward to get Silva Ndidi and Iborra in the squad together.

Ndidi is great at getting the ball back, ask him to be composed on the ball or pick a pass he is not great.

You can see Silva and Iborra drop deep for a pass and are always available for the ball it’s just the midfield is a bit disjointed.

Go 3 at the back with Drago Morgan and Maguire

Sit Ndidi in front 

Diabate/Gray  Silva Iborra and Mahrez

Vardy upfront.

We need to start getting ball carrying midfielders like Silva and Iborra higher up the field running at defences, to influence 5/10 yard passes through to Vardy, not the 40 yard balls/aimless crosses/corners to nobody that we are currently trying.

Edited by steflcfc

1 hour ago, Bablemikey said:

I think Vardy, Iheancho, Mahrez & Diabate as an attacking four with N'didi, Silva and Iborra in midfield have plenty of guile and threat to trouble most defences.

And what formation would that be exactly?  A 3 3 3 1?

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And what formation would that be exactly?  A 3 3 3 1?

I'd go for 4-2-3-1. Gives every position good passing triangle options with players who can get in behind and between the lines, and fields the big lads for set play defence & attack.

It may transpire that Silva is not up to such a key and pivotal role, but I've seen enough to suggest he might be.

Schmeichel

Amartey    Morgan/Drag     Maguire    Fuchs

Ndidi            Iborra

Mahrez                 Silva             Vardy/Diabate

Vardy/Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Bablemikey said:

I'd go for 4-2-3-1. Gives every position good passing triangle options with players who can get in behind and between the lines, and fields the big lads for set play defence & attack.

It may transpire that Silva is not up to such a key and pivotal role, but I've seen enough to suggest he might be.

Schmeichel

Amartey    Morgan/Drag     Maguire    Fuchs

Ndidi            Iborra

Mahrez                 Silva             Vardy/Diabate

Vardy/Iheanacho

Yeah that’s different to them being in a front four.

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Agree,

we seem to have the DM, working,who is also Daring to,take more Pops at Goal.

It is finding that creative Link,but No way can we expect Puel to Sort of Out,

with the present inconsistent squad.He needs time,so we can See what He can

Muster Up,or conjure with the the Potential we have. Silva-Iborra,or a.n.other,

May Just need time to bed-in. Just Look at Pep at MC,Klopp at L'pool,even

Mourinho at Manu.It didnt or isnt Clicking as quick,like some Fans and pundits,

believe of should, but If never does .

Just the top Teams already have 'enough'  quality in their ranks,that they can still Ride top 6 easily.

The Rest of us,dont have those 4-6 top 2nd Level quality Covering,Potential quality

1st team Players  that just mold in from the Ranks/Squad.

We have to Accept,where and who WE are,and what Financial clout,and drawing Potential

we have. Nothing wrong with pushing and upping Ambition expectations.

We still need to understand,any Manager needs time,Space and patience Not Fans

being down right silly when,He tries the...for him, inherited present Players with 

new variants and formations,that He hopes will mesh and take on new ideas.

Criticise Player's,gameday performances ,opinionate on what you believe is Not

working.  But Look at understand the bigger picture,and the difficulies,

It brings,when even your potentialy quality Players are Not finding even that Basic

Form,and lose Ball Control,at the wrong Moments.

Puel should be supported and given that time.Alot of the mishaps,or poor Return of

Of performances,despite tactics,is the Players failures on the day.

Silva hasnt  Sparkled yet,Iborra indifferent.And Ndidi is still,showing He can Break Up Play,

but Not Pick Up consistently in those loose Balls.His passing also needs to be more consistent

under pressure.

Then Nacho/Gray and Chilli, are quite inconsistent,in their Performances,thats 6 Players,

Where better quality,and Transition periods were expected.

That Said,IMO we are Not so Bad as some posters will have us believe..

Yes Frustration and disappointment,when Promising moves peter out,or

Players movement and Control, drops below expectations.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

And what exactly was the quality of opposition they both faced? 

Because James has been given the nod against a bunch  of doomed pub teams and has made them looked tidy tbh. 

Edited by Finnegan

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And what exactly was the quality of opposition they both faced? 

Because James has been given the nod against a bunch  of doomed pub teams and has made them looked tidy tbh. 

Doomed pub teams currently in 4th 7th and 9th in the form table? Iborra's was a tad more difficult, but we still failed to beat some woeful teams who were very low in the table. West Ham, Palace, Stoke, got a slice of fortune against Newcastle. He shades it, but again people are acting like we were great with him, when we weren't and he's been pretty bad when he's appeared of late. We've been good, shit and bang average no matter what mix of players we put in. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Doomed pub teams currently in 4th 7th and 9th in the form table? Iborra's was a tad more difficult, but we still failed to beat some woeful teams who were very low in the table. West Ham, Palace, Stoke, got a slice of fortune against Newcastle. He shades it, but again people are acting like we were great with him, when we weren't and he's been pretty bad when he's appeared of late. We've been good, shit and bang average no matter what mix of players we put in. 

I think that what people miss is Iborra's ability to find time and space even in tight situations and his passing forward launching the

wingers in the last third. Which James never does.

I already agreed with you when you he went off the boil but since he isn't there the team is split in two and all the creativity lies on Mahrez's shoulders.

We also miss Okazaki's energy to be completely fair.