Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We fell apart when we brought Simpson on and went back to 4 in defence. 3-5-2 was working.

Couldn't believe him replacing 3-5-2, where we were competing well after a shaky start, with 4-4-2, which immediately gave MC the ability to overrun us in midfield. And Simpson didn't have the mobility/flexibilty we needed (can't see why Amartey's been dumped). Was stupified, and still watching with mouth agape, as MC took advantage of our disarray and scored immediately. Given Puel is a very thoughtful manager I found this an inexplicable ht change.

One other bone of contention is the way he sends the team out not fired up so often at the start of halves, and it has cost us.

I still think he's a good long-term appointment for us while we're in this transition stage, and am hopeful of him bringing us through it and into a good state over the next 2 years. Just feel that he occasionally comes up with decisions that are impossible to understand, that defy any logic. 

• Like 1

Ok let’s move on we are 8th still in the FA cup with a great chance of progressing.

Integrating new players and systems and on top of that the Mahrez transfer saga.

But that one tactical decision which was inexplicable, we were holding them to long range efforts we looked fairly solid, it has for me cast a huge question mark over Puels tactics.

7 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Couldn't believe him replacing 3-5-2, where we were competing well after a shaky start, with 4-4-2, which immediately gave MC the ability to overrun us in midfield. And Simpson didn't have the mobility/flexibilty we needed (can't see why Amartey's been dumped). Was stupified, and still watching with mouth agape, as MC took advantage of our disarray and scored immediately. Given Puel is a very thoughtful manager I found this an inexplicable ht change.

One other bone of contention is the way he sends the team out not fired up so often at the start of halves, and it has cost us.

I still think he's a good long-term appointment for us while we're in this transition stage, and am hopeful of him bringing us through it and into a good state over the next 2 years. Just feel that he occasionally comes up with decisions that are impossible to understand, that defy any logic. 

Super post which is in direct conflict with many on here who are in a state of denial and quite clearly cannot understand football tactics.

• Like 2

It would be insane to sack him (or even to add voice to a movement to defenestrate the guy) before he has even had the opportunity to sign his own players and phase out an ageing player profile. Constructive criticism over tactics and substitutions is what fans do - continually moaning and demanding sackings is corrosive and counter productive . I think he can be a little too ready to accept inferiority against top sides (the home game against MC being a classic case) but IMO he is a v good appointment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roblcfc84 said:

The reason he changed formation is because Man City had acres of space on their left and our right, and Albrighton was struggling. Diabate was filling in at times. He clearly thought it needed to be addressed - Puel can't be blamed for some atrocious distribution from Kasper.

They had hectares of space after the changes! But you're right, Kasper had a mare.

15 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Anyone else used to religiously watch Nige and Claudio’s post match interviews etc and have now just stopped? Bloke is so boring it’s unreal it’s like Claude Levein haha. 

Thats GREAT insight from you there.

He really should start using the word ostrich more and dilly dong in broken english at every opportunity.

That should silence the doubters who wanted a manager to give us a strong mid table position and an fa cup run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

The one positive to take out of it is the 3-5-2 formation works, I’ve never seen us look so comfortable on the ball against a very good side. 

The ‘s’ word is out and being used? Wow. Eighth in the league, on the brink of a second quarter final this season but the some feel we’re not doing well enough? Think I’ll leave now and come back in a few days when some people have taken their medication. 

• Like 2

Puel: a good half season to change the style of play find out which players he would like to keep and which he would let go. Also despite being able to communicate with Mahrez in his own language and trying his hardest to keep him here has learned that it will not matter what Puel says he will go.

Puel has experimented with 4-5 different formations and players within those formations.

He has virtually made us safe from relegation and with an outside chance of getting into some european competion.

He is learning every week about our club and the true value of his talent will become apparent within the next 18 months.

I am optimistic that he will be a good manager for this club over the next 2 and a half years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tringfox said:

The one positive to take out of it is the 3-5-2 formation works, I’ve never seen us look so comfortable on the ball against a very good side. 

There have been some very negative comments about the contributions of our players. I thought, after a sticky start, we grew into that first half and were coping very well with them. Man C were a very well-drilled, remorseless machine, making it v difficult to have more than a second on the ball all over the pitch. Yet we tried manfully to play ourselves out of trouble and into attacking situations with quick, accurate passing. We couldn't quite match Man C, but they have been playing like this, rarely under pressure, all season, and are super-confident (as well as other advantages associated with playing at home).

I was looking forward to our competing similarly in the 2nd half.  I expected we would probably wilt under the pressure as the 2nd half wore on, but was still hopeful of sneaking a point or 3.  Then the crazy subs and different formation that changed everything, and the individual defensive errors ...

Nevertheless, I felt there was no lack of effort by the players and far more skill than many on here have given them credit for.  I certainly believe that Puel has got us, on occasions, playing a crisp passing game that we wouldn't have thought possible before.

To be fair part of the problem is that he wants to play a possession game, but if you look at the squad he inherited there are a lot who are basically very talented hit n'run players. 

Every manager should be judged after he can bring in his own personnel and Puel is no different. 

Having said that he does make some decisions which are totally mystifying, hope he cuts that out sharpish... 

15 hours ago, cc_star said:

Over the past 10 games Puel has bottom 3 form, considering 3 teams below us in the attached pic have played a game less

If Puel can't turn it around... will he get the summer to bring players in before being given the boot in October

Screenshot_20180210-205148.png

What about when he took charge and catapulted us up the table from 18th to 7th? What's your views on that?

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The gist of this is that one person thinks that one tactical decision that backfired, due to various factors, is a sackable offence. 

I hope next time any of us make an error, we don't lose our job.

Already happened on more than one occasion 

17 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Some of you calling for Puels head are all that is wrong with modern football.

People with football knowledge that you can fit on the back of a postage stamp claiming to be the font of all football wisdom because they are fans and have an opinion, laughable.

I personally think CP is a breath of fresh air, whilst he,like every manager makes mistakes he gets more right than wrong.

Our change in playing style is evolving and a work in progress yet we have a bunch of Muppets calling for his head after being thumped by an outstanding Man City team.

When the going gets tough the kneejerk reactionaries flood out, almost like they revel in any adversity. If it's about

attention seeking then I'd suggest you go to a support group instead of venting your drivel and bile on here.

Spot on ... some of the comments are crazy

• Like 1

I'm fully behind Puel.  Yes, he made some strange calls at half time yesterday but looking at the bigger picture he has made us much better to watch. I really like his commitment to evolving us into a passing team; however, his problem is that currently we still have too many players who aren't really comfortable playing this way. Next summer I expect him to address this. 

5 hours ago, uragomper said:

Ok let’s move on we are 8th still in the FA cup with a great chance of progressing.

Integrating new players and systems and on top of that the Mahrez transfer saga.

But that one tactical decision which was inexplicable, we were holding them to long range efforts we looked fairly solid, it has for me cast a huge question mark over Puels tactics.

I Seen If totally different. I Seen us conceding,No Matter what we did.

Simpson,when He was fit,was upto pre-injuries,Our best backline Player.

A Change WAS IMO needed,because of Man.city,Not ourselves the change didnt Matter.

We were Not holding MC,we were being overran,in both flanks,and through the middle.

Man.city,we're Not only left with long range shots,Drago and Maguire,were Block shotting,

and intercepting In front of their own 6yard Box or within the  pbox itself..

Go watch the firsthalf Game again...

I do feel for any fans who have started supporting us in the past 6-7 years as the history of our club shows we are a bit of a yoyo club.

We all have been spoilt in the past few years be it the rise from League 1, The Great Escape or The 5000-1 Story - I for one never ever thought I would see anything like in my lifetime and it really has been a dream However, it is clear that the club need to start on creating an identity and hitting the ball on the break to Vardy cannot continue to be the only route to success.

Sadly we need to start evolving and the likes of Ulloa, King as well as Drinky and Kante moving on means we need to progress. Riyad and Kasper will be next in the summer and hence we will need to develop a different way of playing. Vards is not getting any younger although he is real quality but we need to start building a formula throughout the club and through the U23's especially if we are to match the owners aspirations. There is very little between 16 sides and it is the quality of Riyad and Vardy which give us something extra to keep us out of the battle at the bottom end - our recruitment remains patchy and we still lack a quality creative midfielder and No.10 whilst if we were to lose Riyad, N'didi, Kasper or Vards then we become even more standard Prem.

Whether CP is the man I am not sure but continuous change will not help anyone - it is clear he is trying to evolve us but is limited by the quality of certain players - not convinced by Chilwell, Gray, Simpson, Iborra, Silva etc so developing a new way of playing without him having a proper pre-season and window to change things it is difficult to tell if we are standing still, moving forwards or backwards.

I am half expecting to do a typical LCFC and become a relegation candidate - cant help it because over the last 40 years that is what usually follows other than the new owners have a clear aspiration to be successful but hopefully we can move forward and not backwards.

I think the rest of the season and preseason will be pivotal for the next 3-4 years as we have quite a lot of rebuilding and hence CP moving a few dead wood or players on that will not be part of his plans - he has and is giving a few youngsters the chance to show their talent although I am not Gray or Chilwell are actually good enough.

One thing I would not be doing however is changing the manager than less he clearly does not have a vision and know how to execute it but that will only really be clear internally but he needs scope on youth and recruitment to stamp his blueprint on the club!! - I hope he is the right man but not 100% convinced yet!

• Like 2