Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I accept stats can be misleading but here are the facts about our last three home games:

An average of just under 61% possession.

Shots on target we lead 17-6

Shots off target we lead  22-8

Corners we lead 29-5

Say what you want about stats but that suggests we aren't too far away from being a level above these sides. The three goals we've conceded have been from a penalty, a corner and a shot outside the box which suggests we're defensively quite comfortable. 

Under Ranieri and Shakespeare we were on the opposite end of stats like that. We're not that far way from getting everything right with those stats.

Then why does it look so disjointed and poor to the eye?

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Our biggest problem is that the players still rely on how we played 15/16 (and before for that matter). Unfortunately, most of the team is still here and they are not able to play a different way. Everything revolves around Vardy as the hitman but every team has figured this out and marks him out the game.

Defensively we still play deadwood like Morgan and Simpson who are not suited to Puels style. I am happy to give him a summer transfer and full pre-season to get the squad he wants, shift the likes of Simpson, Morgan, even losing Vardy to Everton isn't the end of the world (current rumor). Allows a rebuild of team players and strategies. It could be Iheanacho's chance to get confidence, maybe play him with Slimani.

The only loss in the summer will be Mahrez, as he is the only player that can make a miserable game into an OK result, or an OK game into a great result.

Sacking managers without a full pre-season is daft. I do think that right now, Puel doesn't know the best way to play this team and the players also don't get his philosophy. The latter cannot be blamed on the manager though.

Give him a full season to develop his style and judge him then.

Madness!!

Puel bringing in new players will not solve this....he had a window in January but only bought in Diabate and I am not convinced his arm was not twisted to get him in. He should have noted prior to his appointment of players out there who would suit his way of playing. He would have accessed the capabilities of the players at his disposal but has failed to resolve the situation by brining in players he required.

The finance is available, purchasing players and then the club ending up with players that we do not want and the whole debacle starts again. 

4 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I agree and it shows that stats mask the truth... you can say we have more ball and shots but how many golden chances are created and how many times do we concede a sloppy goal? We just don’t seem to play until we are a goal down, which is why we are drawing against such sides rather than winning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

This is just selective memory bollocks to emphasise a point falsely.

You must have erased the Ranieri last couple of months when we scored once in about two months playing turgid football or the Shakespeare away draws at Bournemouth and Huddersfield when we made them look like Barcelona as we stole a point in both games.

The Puel "bad times" at least has us dominating games statistically even if we aren't getting the results we expect. We're still 8th and in the FA Cup QF despite not firing on all cylinders.

Under Ranieri we looked lost as a team, was our football as bad as it is now, maybe in some parts. Shakespeare had a tough opening and we expected the team to struggle, Bournemouth and Huddersfield games were terrible but we've had performances just as bad under Puel.

3-0 loss to Palace at home

1-1 draws to WBA, Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth at home

Poor away performances at Watford and Everton

Not winning against those teams at home is embarrassing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Under Ranieri we looked lost as a team, was our football as bad as it is now, maybe in some parts. Shakespeare had a tough opening and we expected the team to struggle, Bournemouth and Huddersfield games were terrible but we've had performances just as bad under Puel.

Indefensible from the players up to the direction of the manager imo.

As were the Bournemouth and Hudderfield games under Shakespeare.

Edited by Matt

21 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Wasnt West Brom at home under Shakespeare?

I dont think Puel has had us playing as bad football as the worst under Ranieri or Shakespeare. Even though results havent gone our way recently, he has developed our play to a degree and had to weather the Mahrez issue. I havent lost hope that we might start picking up some form again

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I dont think Puel has had us playing as bad football as the worst under Ranieri or Shakespeare. Even though results havent gone our way recently, he has developed our play to a degree and had to weather the Mahrez issue. I havent lost hope that we might start picking up some form again

It was indeed, apologies.

Can you imagine though if we get another handful of performances like we've been seeing?

Fans will turn and boo because it's simply boring football to watch.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

It was indeed, apologies.

Can you imagine though if we get another handful of performances like we've been seeing?

Fans will turn and boo because it's simply boring football to watch.

Yeah, it cant carry on. We just keep scraping these draws and those draws will turn into wins if we improve or losses if we stop getting that bit of luck

I just want to see a couple more attacking selections and maybe we will play with that edge we need. Get iborra or Silva in the middle. Get Diabate on instead of Albrighton. Get Shinji or Iheanacho on with Vardy and I think we will get more from our possession

assuming shinji still out then I would try silva at 10 again and tell him to cut out the trick passes. Iborra for james... immediately.  Diabate for albrington for whole of second half.

Last week I suggested that silva could be tried at no 10 and peel did it... may be he is reading ft for clues

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Madness!!

Puel bringing in new players will not solve this....he had a window in January but only bought in Diabate and I am not convinced his arm was not twisted to get him in. He should have noted prior to his appointment of players out there who would suit his way of playing. He would have accessed the capabilities of the players at his disposal but has failed to resolve the situation by brining in players he required.

The finance is available, purchasing players and then the club ending up with players that we do not want and the whole debacle starts again. 

What a daft post. 

As if two months are enough to assess a team situation and which players are suited or not. As if you'd buy your players in january where the players avalaibility is reduced and the prices extremely high. I swear people don't even think before posting BS.

• Like 3

Is it not possible to sack him for someone who's better irrespective?Dyche is a City type manager or if you must go down the foreign route Marco Silva is available. With this 4231 system much as I loathe it you need the front 4 to press the ball and stop the opposing defence getting out, ours do not do it. They’re either being lazy or playing to orders and I’m guessing it’s the latter.

3 hours ago, Tringfox said:

Because of confirmation bias?  Not trying to have a go, I just wondered how you would view us if you were a neutral?  You would probably think "one of these teams is having way more shots than the other?".  Or maybe not, maybe I am just too optimistic.  X

Feels like he's adding a little more tactical nous to the side but only whilst completely erasing any team spirit he can, leaving us as a seriously dull and mediocre side. 

Team set up is so conservative. Vardy isolated even during home games against poor sides. Teams allow us to go side to side and we just can't penetrate them. Why let Slimani go if this is our approach?! 

The side look so uninspired and I can't help thinking the only thing that motivated the players yesterday was Bournemouths ridiculous time wasting. 

The good old news is we're safe and have an easy run in, so if we continue to stutter over the last 2-3 months then we can probably make a safe judgement that he's not good enough. Forget 'own' players - our squad is seriously strong. 

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What encourages me is that when Mahrez scored, he ran straight over to celebrate with Puel, as did his team mates. Puel seems popular with the squad. 

This was always going to be a year of transition, with the  Champions team getting older and slower. Experimenting with players and formations is not so daft. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Because of confirmation bias?  Not trying to have a go, I just wondered how you would view us if you were a neutral?  You would probably think "one of these teams is having way more shots than the other?".  Or maybe not, maybe I am just too optimistic.  X

No I wouldn’t, I would say “Leicester look very disjointed and very poor to the eye”.  What I’m reading on here is a lot of fans that don’t go to games are basing their opinions on stats saying things like “we’re almost there” now if you watched the last 3 home games with your own eyes the last thing you would say walking out of the ground is “we’re almost there”

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Madness!!

January is a horrible window to buy in an theres never any value in Jan usually the summer window is the main window for all teams.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Madness!!

The January window,doesnt give an even Share of choice,or Players of quality that are willing to

Come to Teams,Like Leicester. ITS Not Like Shopping in the high street,and you can See and pick

Quality Off peg,or even a decent measure n fit. 

Hacking Off any Manager,in Leicester recent 2017/2018 ups and Downs.It needed Change,

and that Change,aint done over a Quarterback,or half season.!!!!

Another Thing Look how many,Teams Like WHam,newcastle-3 seasons ago,etc,etc

Also gutted Out millions, for Players and still cant Chase down Top 10.

Klopp of L'pool 3-4 seasons,before they could even compete for top 4.

Spurs..ditto.

What/how Some Leicester Fans think,its so easy,and then the real poor,

Critic of Whats wrong,and stupid Posts how sh*t,every opponent is.

It really does make me believe we have too many Forest/Derby Trolls on this Site.

Puel/any Manager for City will need time.2 new Players Iborra and Silva haven't yet

got Into the PL grove,shame but dont Blame Puel. Hes given Potential a Chance,in

Gray,Chilwell/Amartey/Nacho/Diabete,then with Silva n Iborra,thats 7,yes seven!!!

That are Just Not,quite hitting their Straps,for various reasons....but Not because

of Puel. We are still 8th,could Well Slip to 10th,its going to be frustrating still,

But we arent imploding, the building Blocks are there.Its hard but this is the time

for patience,and giving Puel and Coaching staff,more understanding and Space.

Accept Burnley are Just getting it right,where we are still trying to find/ rekindle

Form,with a new system,knowing the successfull old one,has No Longer the wheels.

DD injured then gone,Kante..unreplacable gone.Older guard/BBone,3-4,Just Not recreating

that consistent and reliable form they held for a long time,under the heaviest pressure,

of their lives.....So many Fans Not recognising,present and Future rebuilding necessities.

Denying,that our top 10,this season is far better,than the poor 12th of the previous season.

We've had poor/turgid Games this season,but also Sparks of quality and good Results.

Puel has given/won himself time and Space,with the unknown quantities at His call,

has mentioned,Nobody has yet Stoodup /stoodout, from the 7 hopefulls.

Our success so far has been Morgan who's been Solid,Drago and Maguire.

We haven't Seen anybody for the new Front 6,come to the fore.Diabete is Just a

Potential success,but he alone,wont make or break the Teams developement n future

Edited by fuchsntf

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's the instant gratification culture, woe betide any manager who doesn't come into the squad and wants to bring in half a dozen players straight the way to an already oversized squad.

I actually applaud Puel for just bringing in Diabate for a small fee. Puel is giving the current squad every opportunity to stake a claim to being at the club. Those that aren't up to his standard will be attempted to be got rid of in the summer and new players will come into replace them. Perhaps another reason we didn't buy this January is because Macia was only looking at players adept in counter attacking and he now has a new remit?

Puel soon shipped out the deadwood albeit on loan and he has given Choudhury and Barnes their debuts so is trying to promote youth. Neither of them really impressed so they'll be back with the development squad until they improve.

It's a sign of a poor manager who is eager to spend, spend, spend. It's very easy to do with someone else's money and a good manager appreciates that a huge part of management is to have an ideal squad size and spend money wisely.

Top Post..

For me it’s baffling substitutions, games where we don’t use all 3 substitutes, players that go from the starting 11 then not on the bench, our two number 9’s sent out in loan yet we punt the ball long to an isolated Vardy, the ponderous side to side build up play that negates his pace, the self inflicted damage as we overplay out from the back, the number of player changes each week, Iborra not getting a start when we have no creativity in midfield, Morgan coming straight back in when Dragovic was doing fine etc, take away the new manager bounce when Okazaki was available and we’re in the relegation dog fight and with ‘only’ 37 points still might be. What’s the betting we get beat at WBA on Saturday?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I watched all three.  I think the problem is nuance and balance.  I am not aiming this at you but speaking more generally about this forum and why, on occasion, some people may appear more optimistic than you think they should.  I do not think anyone on here is saying we are amazing and look like vintage Brazil.  I think from my own viewpoint I just cannae stand the overly negative stuff (you know the "useless, pathetic, disgusting" comments) as I find them to be not only untrue but just a bit mental.  Because of this, I think people get fed up and jump to the defence of the team.  Not necessarily because they think the team are perfect but because listening to such ridiculously over the top criticism riles some people (me being one).  For that reason it can appear that they are being too optimistic and avoiding the negative stuff and so we end up with people from both extremes spouting stuff with no reason or thought and, like most other things in the world, the debate becomes moot and polarised.  So, to get back to a point rather than continue to ramble, having watched the last three games we certainly need to improve and maybe we are not "nearly there" but, conversely, we are certainly not "disgusting, cowardly, shatwank b0llovks".  We are genuinely having shots and creating chances.  We need to create more and we need to create better ones but we are, in my opinion, doing some things right.  I think Puel needs time to implement a change in system and we certainly need some additions in certain positions to facilitate this.  Are we "almost there"?  Maybe not but are we a "million miles from there"?  I don't think so and I am willing to be patient as I can see some signs of improvement and, whilst stats alone do not tell a story, they certainly should be taken into account as well as "the eye test".  Up the Foxes.  X

I’m certainly not a disgusting, shatwank, bollocky type of person I just tend to say it how it is, if it’s great I’ll shout it from the rooftops and if it’s crap I’ll say!  I think a lot of the current crop of players we have are very one dimensional, Wes, Simpson, Albrighton, James. And they are struggling to adapt to a change of style. Watching the last 3 games I am finding it hard to be optimistic about anything as we look lost and always end up playing Sunday league stuff hoofing the ball into the box to get an equaliser!

You said you can see signs of improvement, please tell me where?

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Well I think an increase in possession ,whilst not the be all and end all, is a sign of improvement.  You can win with less possession (as we proved) but, in general, the best teams have more possession.  The number of shots for and against have also been in our favour in the recent matches.  Again, not a guarantee of success but, again, if you have more shots and concede fewer shots you will, on average, win more than you lose.  When I say improvements, I obviously mean in terms of where we were last season and earlier this season, not in comparison to the title win.  We have not looked great but we certainly look better than under Shakespeare and in the later days of Ranieri's reign.  As you say, we need to improve but I think you can only judge a manager when given a little more time and the ability to at least buy a few players.  We'll see, football is about opinions as much as it is about facts and, in terms of opinions, we differ but that's good, would be boring if we were all the same.  Let's hope we start to improve even more and results improve.

I think we need to at least give Puel time to try and shape a team in his image and if then we still do not look good of course we can complain.  I just feel, right now, it is a work in progress.  He is trying to play more possession based football with a team that has been built for the counter.  I like to see us passing more but we need to improve accuracy and penetration.  Once he has had a full window and pre-season he can be properly judged I think.  You could argue that he could be more pragmatic and play to our strengths and slowly build a different style but I don't have a problem with him trying to change our system more quickly, especially as we should be safe.  I am sightly confused as to why  Iborra is not playing as he seems to fit Puel's style and is very calm on the ball.  I also feel we need to find a way to better transition between midfield and attack and we need to utilise Vardy better as, at present, we are not playing to his strengths.  I feel our best bet would be to learn to retain possession better (including sometimes passing sideways) and try patient build up but also to be able to counter quickly.  I don't see why a team cannot be built to do both.  I like the high press and I like energy.  I don;t want us to be Arsenal but I do like to see us having more of the ball.

Anyway, we'll see.  

Cheers

Rumble.

X

Keep rumbling fella, Like Your Posts this week....

• Like 1