Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

10 hours ago, Tringfox said:

I agree with you but why not wait until the end of the season and get the right players in to suit the style of football he wants to play!

Please god no more playing Danny Simpson in an offensive role crossing the ball like a cow on a bike!!

Mooooooooooooo ooooooooowww

I still like the guy, I think things will pick up and we will finish ok.

The squad needs an overhaul in the summer and he can be properly judged from then I think. It’s been difficult for him on recruitment because he needed to get rid to get anyone in and most deals didn’t happen until late in the window. If we want to evolve we need to have a bit of stability at the helm otherwise we will permanently become one of the also-rans.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The squad needs an overhaul in the summer and he can be properly judged from then I think. It’s been difficult for him on recruitment because he needed to get rid to get anyone in and most deals didn’t happen until late in the window. If we want to evolve we need to have a bit of stability at the helm otherwise we will permanently become one of the also-rans.

It’s only going to get harder for him. 

4F3B60FC-A40D-443C-9760-774E1C05BD8F.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Don't agree the squad need a overhaul. We are 8th in the prem and in the FA Cup quarters. 

I mean what what do our fans expect? It's about right for the budget we have. Some teams have spent more and are doing much worse

Yes move over a few on and add a few quality additions but overhaul is a bit much!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Don't agree the squad need a overhaul. We are 8th in the prem and in the FA Cup quarters. 

I mean what what do our fans expect? It's about right for the budget we have. Some teams have spent more and are doing much worse

Yes move over a few on and add a few quality additions but overhaul is a bit much!

It does need an overhaul to fit his style of play properly, the man wants a crisp, patient, thoughtful passing game and has inherited a squad that’s been designed with the almost opposite ethos in mind.

We need to find new clubs for....

Fuchs

Chilwell

Simpson

Amartey

Morgan

Huth

Albrighton

James

Iborra

Ulloa

Slimani 

Maybe even Silva and Nacho.

We need to find at least 8 replacements for those 11 or 9 if the other two go and then there is Mahrez too.

Edited by Strokes

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

It does need an overhaul to fit his style of play properly, the man wants a crisp, patient, thoughtful passing game and has inherited a squad that’s been designed with the almost opposite ethos in mind.

We need to find new clubs for....

Fuchs

Chilwell

Simpson

Amartey

Morgan

Huth

Albrighton

James

Iborra

Ulloa

Slimani 

Maybe even Silva and Nacho.

We need to find at least 8 replacements for those 11 or 9 if the other two go and then there is Mahrez too.

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment here but I think Amartey, Chilwell, Iborra and Albrighton are more than capable squad players and Chilwell still has the chance to become a very good player.  We do need a wee re-jig though and to get some players in that are more comfortable on the ball.  X

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sound like the Tottenham fans we all took the piss out of.

Not really, we took the piss out of the Spurs fans who acted like you didn't deserve a win if you had less than 50% possession, this is us having the majority of chances as well. 

Its been fine margins the last three games, along with a frustrating lack of creativity at times. Didn't watch Swansea but the highlights and radio commentary made it sound like they pulled off a smash and grab, vs Stoke and Bournemouth Mahrez missed one on ones. He buries one of those and we see off Swansea as we should have done, we're sat here with 4 more points asking can we catch arsenal and none of this reactionary nonsense gets posted.

• Like 2

The truth is, for all our possession we don't look like scoring. We've struggled, at home, against very mediocre opposition, on a regular basis. If he doesn't have the players to implement his style, he should change his style until he does.

I think it's not the case that we don't look like scoring at all.

We just don't look like scoring much at nil nil, when we used to go at teams early.

Or, even, when we do score, we no longer look like scoring a few and putting a game to bed.

We seem to have repeatedly only perked up late on, at which stage, we lay siege to the opponents' goal and we are left talking about what might have been.

And, sadly, a pattern has emerged this season where we concede a soft one just before half time.

In short, we are just not taking games by the scruff of the neck.  

It seems a very long time since we last had a comfortable lead and were olé-ing it about.

I'm with Rumble. We are there or there abouts.  I'm confident we can pick it up and our play isn't "terrible", we just need a slight improvement to tip over from draws to wins.

It's madness to call for Puel's head after half a season and no full Summer window or preseason.

West Brom next up seems both the best and worst opponent to get us out of our current funk.

Lose or draw to West Brom and you just know, despite our midtable position, that there will be an unironic "Puel Out" thread in here...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment here but I think Amartey, Chilwell, Iborra and Albrighton are more than capable squad players and Chilwell still has the chance to become a very good player.  We do need a wee re-jig though and to get some players in that are more comfortable on the ball.  X

Yeah fair enough, it’s not a personal vendetta mind. I quite rate a few in the list, especially Albrighton, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Iborra and Amartey. I just don’t think they will fit in with Puels long term ambition and with such a large squad, hard decisions will have to be made to complete the transformation.

• Like 1

Imo we could do with improving in every position on the pitch. We need a rb lb cm (if we play the 3 we should play that leaves james on the bench and we don't want that) cb winger with Mahrez going at least 1 more forward and then someone who can play in the no. 10 roll. This isn't a criticism of puels I think he was right in january not to get loads of players in access what he has then look in the summer. 

9 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

As a fan, I don't expect to see the kind of dross served up over the last three or four games, that's the worrying thing, not the present League position or reaching the last eight in the F.A cup when we have not played a premier league team. If we continue to play in this style we will  avoid relegation, based on the points picked up when we played free movement and exciting football before Puel got to put his stamp on things

14 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

As a fan, I don't expect to see the kind of dross served up over the last three or four games, that's the worrying thing, not the present League position or reaching the last eight in the F.A cup when we have not played a premier league team. If we continue to play in this style we will  avoid relegation, based on the points picked up when we played free movement and exciting football before Puel got to put his stamp on things

Exactly.

I definitely miss that exciting football under Shakespeare and Ranieri II.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

The truth is, for all our possession we don't look like scoring. We've struggled, at home, against very mediocre opposition, on a regular basis. If he doesn't have the players to implement his style, he should change his style until he does.

For periods we've not looked like scoring, then for other periods I'm left walking away wondering how the hell the ball isn't in the net 5 times over. 54 shots in three games is a huge amount to have only scored 3 goals. We've also been in some fantastic wide positions and it's come to nothing.

We need to work on creating unmissable chances in space, and perhaps work through the middle more than just going wide all the time.  Whether it's upping our speed of play, final delivery, working on getting another man in the box. We're not a million miles away from it working, I'd rather be in our position of not converting chances and dominating games, than in the position of the teams we've played living off scraps and being dominated. It should in theory be easier to convert our style into a winning one than theirs.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Exactly.

I definitely miss that exciting football under Shakespeare and Ranieri II.

Oh, come on you know Puel let them play that way when he first came and we had great results. Then he implemented the windscreen wiper side to side back to back boring negative rubbish we have witnessed this lately and even the players haven't got a clue what they are supposed to be doing. If you watched them on Saturday they clearly demonstrated that. the same thing happened under Ranieri and Shakespeare. Too much change in style to quickly is what got them the sack and it will with Puel too.

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

But we have created chances..at least 6-7 including more than a few one on  ones.

and Blocks within the 6yard Box.

Even though we seem to Stutter  through our movement,we do actually create,but

also lose Out,with Last Pass,or poor Ball control.

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But we have created chances..at least 6-7 including more than a few one on  ones.

Take Mahrez out of the side and we would have zero creativity.

Team is in transition and we won’t see the benefits until next season in all likelihood. Even so the margins between a win and a draw in the last 3 has been very small and I expect us to win several games yet before the end of the season. I’m hoping Arsenal is one of them!!!!!

We have a good number of strong young players who look capable of developing into much better players still so the future holds great promise in that respect.

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3  looking to pass/run in behind and between the lines is the way to go. No place for Morgan, Simpson, James or Albrighton in that approach.

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We do. I like to think that once we get past that, the goals will start flowing again. We've had matches a few weeks back where we were barely getting a shot on goal. Whilst we don't have much to show for it, that is a bit of progress at least. 

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I noticed our goal expectation on MOTD was 2.8 vs Bournemouth.

These stats whilst not perfect should be considered far more than anyone's confirmation bias. All chances are assessed and according to non biased stats our goal expectation was 2.8 on Saturday and I suspect we were more dominant against Swansea and Stoke.

Possession can be a misleading stat but goal expectation is a great barometer. I could put a great case that the reason we haven't won those three games is poor finishing and at the other end we've conceded three soft goals with a penalty, corner and shot outside the box.

Whilst I agree we do look a bit disjointed and a lot of our play has been inconsistent and our chances mainly come in a flurry at the end of matches I think the fundamentals of our play is good but needs to be more refined and consistent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I noticed our goal expectation on MOTD was 2.8 vs Bournemouth.

These stats whilst not perfect should be considered far more than anyone's confirmation bias. All chances are assessed and according to non biased stats our goal expectation was 2.8 on Saturday and I suspect we were more dominant against Swansea and Stoke.

Possession can be a misleading stat but goal expectation is a great barometer. I could put a great case that the reason we haven't won those three games is poor finishing and at the other end we've conceded three soft goals with a penalty, corner and shot outside the box.

Whilst I agree we do look a bit disjointed and a lot of our play has been inconsistent and our chances mainly come in a flurry at the end of matches I think the fundamentals of our play is good but needs to be more refined and consistent.

We' scoring so few because aside from Vardy or Mahrez no one can score. Whilst a bit unlucky we're definitely creating and possession helps no matter what the couch experts might say, but it's dowright painful to see that none of Albrighton (don't care about his misplaced cross that landed in), Ndidi, James Gray or Nacho and Iborra (Silva wasn't long enough) to an extent are able to even have a decent shot on target.

I don't even want to talk about corners or free kicks where our conversion must be one of the worst if not the worst in the league.

The opposition has it too easy, shut Mahrez and Vardy down and we're a team that can't score to save their life.

15 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Take Mahrez out of the side and we would have zero creativity.

I See what you mean but....I

Reckon we would,but not so often with those technical Highlights He brings.

If WE had one more Supporting Player for Vardy,and a midfield who could consistently

be the creative Player for those attacking Players,we would be playing far better football

Mahrez for Teams Like us,should be the topping on the cake, giving us a Chance of

a top 6 Routine. So far we failed with Slimani,Musa,Mendy,Kapu,etc that frustrated us

over the Last 2seasons...Now we have Nacho/Gray/Diabate....then Iborra + Silva

Who haven't Hit the Ground running,but are showing Potential.

Puel,rightly is asking more questions of the Squad,the Changes Hes trying to Implement

Was needed,but with an inconsistent group of Players,who Show some great movement,

then sully It with poor form. Puel /any Manager needs, this Rest of the season and

Until November,to See If WE Show that the require Changes,and developement and rebuilding

is working under is tenure. That does Not mean we should be looking for ridiculous OTT

Expectations, but consistently in Players Form,an upward curve in Individual quality,and

Team Performances....

21 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

We' scoring so few because aside from Vardy or Mahrez no one can score. Whilst a bit unlucky we're definitely creating and possession helps no matter what the couch experts might say, but it's dowright painful to see that none of Albrighton (don't care about his misplaced cross that landed in), Ndidi, James Gray or Nacho and Iborra (Silva wasn't long enough) to an extent are able to even have a decent shot on target.

I don't even want to talk about corners or free kicks where our conversion must be one of the worst if not the worst in the league.

The opposition has it too easy, shut Mahrez and Vardy down and we're a team that can't score to save their life.

This is true. I still live in hope that Nacho can turn things round and get those goals going. Shinji started really well at the start of the season, but lets be honest, he hasn't got that many in recent games that he has played either. Nacho had a couple of really great goals in the FA cup and has scored five goals in six cup matches... I know against weaker opposition, but just get the feeling that once he gets past that pressure of scoring in the league he will relax and be a lot more successful. Looks like great potential in terms of goals with Diabate as well.