Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
vanity

Can LCFC finish with 65+ points?

It looks to me like the boys can stack 36 even if they lose all their remaining games vs. the top-6, plus their remaining road games @ Burnley, Everton, and Watford, which would leave them at 62. I think 70+ would be a terrific season, 65+ could well be a European Tour, while 60 or so will be (as of today) a slight disappointment without a cup win. 

What do people believe is a reasonable target?

The Mantra has to be one game at a time. Keep adding the results and the points will look after themselves. There's the togetherness within the squad that we had when winning the league so anything is possible.

Another European place is possible but we must keep our best players in January.

• Like 3

Genuinely think that we are in the competition for the fourth place trophy, along with Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Burnley.  There is a long way to go and I am mindful that we are about to enter a transfer window where we are quite vulnerable BUT, we are in great form and those other 4 teams are beatable. 

Of note, if you take all of those teams' previous 10 games form and apply it to the remaining 21 games then us, Burnley and Liverpool all finish on 70 points, 4 or 5 ahead of North London.  It's going to be close and we may end up paying for some of our early season results and some dip in form should be expected but it is great to be in the mix again.

We have put ourselves in a great position and Europa League qualification should be the firm target.

12 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'd like to think 60 is very much achievable based on current form. 65 would be awesome though and not too unrealistic.  

I think so too. I think we will continue to improve the attack all season. If you follow the NBA, Steve Kerr installed his offense his first season, Golden State won the title, but it wasn't until the second season in the system they became a real juggernaut, as they were able to just keep adding new layers of the system. I see no reason we won't see something similar, with more time meaning more proficiency. 

And then on the other side of the ball, we can definitely tighten up I think. With the way Ndidi is playing, if we could avoid our disasters with set pieces I think we'd be top-third of the league defensively. 

Speaking of set pieces, if we had a player who was actually really good at taking corners and free kicks near goal, we'd probably tack on an extra goal every 2-3 games, it is a huge area of need for us. IDK if someone who starts could improve, or if we could add someone, but I think it worth looking at.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 13:38, nnfox said:

Genuinely think that we are in the competition for the fourth place trophy, along with Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Burnley.  There is a long way to go and I am mindful that we are about to enter a transfer window where we are quite vulnerable BUT, we are in great form and those other 4 teams are beatable. 

Of note, if you take all of those teams' previous 10 games form and apply it to the remaining 21 games then us, Burnley and Liverpool all finish on 70 points, 4 or 5 ahead of North London.  It's going to be close and we may end up paying for some of our early season results and some dip in form should be expected but it is great to be in the mix again.

We have put ourselves in a great position and Europa League qualification should be the firm target.

Defeat today 3-0 against Palace. At home.

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

Maybe.