Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

FoxesTalk Awards 2017 - nominations thread

Quite often talked about, I believe this has been a thing in years past, but possibly hasn’t happened in recent years due to no-one throwing their hat into the ring to organise it.

I therefore thought I may as well do just that - it’ll give me the chance to setup some more poll threads after the conclusion of the Biscuit competition because that sort of thing gives me a hard on. 

However, before things get that far, a forum community decision is needed on what the categories will be - and nominations for those categories. Initial thoughts on categories include;

• Best Male poster
  • Best female poster
  • Best overall poster

• Best supporting poster
  • Best WUM (is it sad it took me years to work out that mean things wind up merchant?)

• Best serious thread
  • Best comedy thread
  • Best overall thread

• Best gif / emoji
  • Best image / Picture / visual representation
  • Best visual poster (i.e. a poster that in your opinion continuely creates the best visual work on the forum)

• Funniest individual post
  • Best serious individual post
  • Best individual overall post

• Foxestalk lifetime achievement award

I’ve purposely stayed away from suggesting ‘worst’ categories in the interests of being Policitcally Correct and know that decision will go down well in here! Except for the WUM category, but I sense the winner would view it as a badge of honour anyway.

Rules for suggestion of nominations / categories 

• If you are making a SERIOUS suggestion, be it either a nomination or category, please tag me - i.e. @DJ Barry Hammond so I can easily pick it up. 
  • Provide a clear indication of the category and who/what your nominating.
  • If nominating a thread or post, please provide a link to the thread/quote the post in question
  • If when reviewing other people’s suggestions you agree with the nominations, please like the post - this will help me make a decision when it comes to shortlisting, to then put them out to a public vote.

Additional help - attention ‘visual’ posters

If someone with appropriate skills fanices mocking up a small visual reward (like a banner, trophy or rosette) that could incorporate the category name and could be presented to the winners to place in their footer that would be ace.

If you can get your nominations in early, that would be appreciated so that I can suitably prepare an ‘Awards weekend/week’ event, including the all important public votes.

Thanks 

@DJ Barry Hammond

P.S. If I don’t get at least one nomination, I will be throughly pissed off and my end up taking my poll home with me!

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

I'm really not a fan of these things. Picking out favourites always excludes others. A lot of people who make solid contributions to the forum won't get a mention, which can be upsetting for them. I'd rather we didn't do this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Best overall thread - depression hands down.

Best wum is a toss up between webbo, rog and Sharpe.

Best overall poster, can't look past Izzy for that one.

Best female is that lass with the arsenal supporting gf and an utterly unpronounceable username or deb.

Not sure what a support poster is. Give it to the rightist cuck brigade for supporting each other in their backing of destructive social policy IMO.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Webbo said:

I'm really not a fan of these things. Picking out favourites always excludes others. A lot of people who make solid contributions to the forum won't get a mention, which can be upsetting for them. I'd rather we didn't do this.

I’m already upset :cry:

I've done some absolutely sensational .JPEGS this year, even some superb .PNGS but can't vote for myself. I also post a load of dross too.

Some great posters still despite the City forum becoming a bit diluted as we've gotten better and attracted more members.

I'll find I often click into a topic if the most recent poster is someone I think will make a good / decent / funny point, it's fairly long list that'd off the top of my head include:

Scouse, Una, Milktray, Fez, ttfn, Carl the Llama, Alf Bentley, Vacamion, Steve Walsh, Webbo, Izzy, Finnhehgunnnnn, Stokes, Essex Fox, Ian W, Ronnie Todger, Voll, Baker, Ched, Babs, hairy. 

There'll definitely be some that I've missed and that shows that there's still a decent few posters around. Won't place any votes but surely the best thread has to be the Depression one by a country bloody mile.

I'm going to make @Strokes less upset by awarding him biggest wum.

The depression thread wins by a country mile.

Funniest thread (s) goes to the Biscuit World Cup which had me chortling in my tea (and biscuits)

My favourite poster remains Izzy. I like to think I had him as my number one before most tbf. Webbo runs him close.

Post of the year...I would say Thrac but I actually didn't read it! So I'm going with Izzy again when he told us he was out of surgery.

Posters I've come to like more (in terms of what they are writing) are Donut and Bert.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Funniest thread (s) goes to the Biscuit World Cup which had me chortling in my tea (and biscuits)

My favourite poster remains Izzy. I like to think I had him as my number one before most tbf. Webbo runs him close.

Post of the year...I would say Thrac but I actually didn't read it! So I'm going with Izzy again when he told us he was out of surgery.

Posters I've come to like more (in terms of what they are writing) are Donut and Bert.

God bless you child.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Quality Col lol

• Haha 1