Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

27 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Sorry, but Amartey was arguably the worst the player on the pitch. 

Amartey was again, defensively ok

It’s in his other footballing abilities that he’s pants. Like Dragovic and Benny (the worst of the lot), he is an athletic ‘stopper’. They are all awful with the ball.

We can do better than these imo.

I will give Amartey credit though for his attitude and work rate. Unlike Slim and Nacho, for instance, he just gets on with it and don’t mope about like a kid who’s just had his sweets nicked.

Edited by Col city fan

Yes it was a shite performance. Yes we've got a frustrating replay on our calendar. But we haven't been knocked out of the cup. We'll go again in the home leg and hopefully put them to the sword.

Pre-match I was optimistic that team would get the job done but we were pretty toothless. I imagine a few members of that side won't even be around anymore come the replay. 

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

They had 4. We had 0. They came closest to scoring. The ran us all over the shop. 

No they didn't, they were about as useless as we were and relied on corners. We were shit put let's not go over the top.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

The state of you, excusing that performance.

I dare you to say that to the face of one of the fans who went. They'd probably deck you.

lol

tbh Kitch they've probably pissed their knickers less than you have.

most people have significantly more perspective and patience than you do. 

Edited by lifted*fox

22 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

There’s a lot of disappointment and overreaction on here. This was always going to be difficult, I’m not in the least bit surprised at the outcome. It was a combination of the heavy pitch, a weak disjointed team and them being more hungry than our lot. Embarrassing really, but fear not, we’ll leather em at the king power. 

Yeah, it was no disaster, just a pisspoor performance away in the 3rd Round, for the reserves. No real shockers, but very disjointed, like a team that have only just met. 

A replay at the King Power will allow us to keep the reserves match fit. 

Edited by foxinsox

Has the overreaction finished yet? Does this mean there’s no poll on whether we will finish fourth this week? Yes, it was a dire game. But we’re still In the cup. Apart from Gray, virtually everybody on the pitch needed the game time and probably needs the replay, too. No biggie. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't know why, but you tend to come across as the guy who has an opposing view compared to the majority of the fans just because.

No mate, I just have a little perspective here.

We played a mish-mash of a team which yes, questionably we shouldn't have - but let's put that to one side as that was the dish that was served up.

A team of players who barely play together, playing on a shit pitch against a team who were always going to give it a go - in the FA cup which is notorious for small teams taking out 'big teams' in the early rounds.

It wasn't a great game, **** it wasn't even a good game and our performance really SHOULD have been better.

But once again - we have no divine right to waltz out on Fleetwood's patch and beat them.

Football isn't an exact science - sometimes things go the right way, sometimes they don't. We didn't necessarily help ourselves today but the entitlement of some of our fans is ****ing laughable at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No they didn't, they were about as useless as we were and relied on corners. We were shit put let's not go over the top.

For their standards (League One quality) they did very well. They restricted us to barely any chances and worked hard. We were useless. 

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Has the overreaction finished yet? Does this mean there’s no poll on whether we will finish fourth this week? Yes, it was a dire game. But we’re still In the cup. Apart from Gray, virtually everybody on the pitch needed the game time and probably needs the replay, too. No biggie. 

We will likely beat them at home and the extra game is annoying but it's hardly the titanic disaster people are making it out to be. 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Amartey was again, defensively ok

It’s in his other footballing abilities that he’s pants. Like Dragovic and Benny (the worst of the lot), he is an athletic ‘stopper’. They are all awful with the ball.

We can do better than these imo.

I will give Amartey credit though for his attitude and work rate. Unlike Slim and Nacho, for instance, he just gets on with it and don’t mope about like a kid who’s just had his sweets nicked.

Don't even agree with that. He got roasted on at least three occasions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

We will likely beat them at home and the extra game is annoying but it's hardly the titanic disaster people are making it out to be. 

no its not a disaster at all - but I did say earlier on that this was a tie which needed to be approaches with some respect. I never though it would be a cake walk. I suspect we wil win easily enough at the KP though

• Like 1

Just now, midland_red said:

They were better than us though

The only regret I have is them hitting the post in the last minute or so. I wish they’d scored.

For two reasons: firstly I’d gone on them to win at 5/1

secondly, cos they were the only team trying to win. 

We deserved to lose that game. All those on here saying ‘it was a good run out for the lads’ and all this gubbins.... nah, not having that. We just didn’t look bothered.

• Like 1