Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Diabaté Signs

15 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Ok , I sort of hope I’m wrong

so If he gets a 9 out of 10 by either the mirror or sun between now and end of season 

I will self ban myself for exactly ONE month  !!! 

Or we could extend it to two for such ridiculous comments lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Ok , I sort of hope I’m wrong

so If he gets a 9 out of 10 by either the mirror or sun between now and end of season 

I will self ban myself for exactly ONE month  !!! 

Bollocks, even Messi woulnd't be rated a 9 in a City shirt.

13 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Totally different player to Mahrez.. he doesnt strike me as 'Flair'. 

More an impact player. Pacy and skillful but not really a playmaker,if we can find a formation where he, Vardy and Mahrez can play together they will torture some defenses alright. If Gray gets a grip and starts playing with his team mates that would be awesome.

Kasperksy

Simpson Dragovic Maguire Chilly

Ndidi Silva

Diabate     Mahrez    Albrighton/Gray

Vardy/Nacho

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Tbf I can’t recollect Mahrez having a debut like Diabate did? If my memory serves me rightly, it took Riyad quite a few games to look good?

It is the foxes talk way though....Diabate plays really well, so he’s going to be brilliant in the eyes of many on here. A couple of bad games and he’ll be hammered like all the others have been.

I think what stood out when Mahrez arrived was how he was clearly an upgrade from fans favourite Knockart. If I remember clearly, it was his defence splitting passes that stood out to start off with, together with needing to bulk out a bit. Let’s give the lad some space and not overhype him. He clearly has all the attributes to be amazing, so let’s not get too negative when he makes mistakes or has a quiet game, as he is bound to do.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

bit one footed but , might get found out bit easy in Premier League 

This is the only question mark for me. I couldn't see much of the first half because the crossbar was in the way. lol But from what I could see, he wasn't using his right foot much at all so I wonder if that's a weak point. He's young though so if it is then I'm sure he can improve.

Take nothing away from him though. A surprisingly excellent debut.

17 minutes ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

This is the only question mark for me. I couldn't see much of the first half because the crossbar was in the way. lolBut from what I could see, he wasn't using his right foot much at all so I wonder if that's a weak point. He's young though so if it is then I'm sure he can improve.

Take nothing away from him though. A surprisingly excellent debut.

I still find it baffling that many professional football are so one footed but lets face it we don't have to look much further than Marc Albrighton when it comes to one footed footballers that make it work. Also to a certain extent Mahrez.

Being one footed isn't what concerns me, it's more fans expectation. This has been highlighted in another thread regarding the pressures placed on young players. I already worry people expect him to be the next Mahrez, when he could quite easily be another Musa. I hope us fans stay grounded, as I hope the players does too. Nothing wrong with being a little excited though.. 

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I still find it baffling that many professional football are so one footed but lets face it we don't have to look much further than Marc Albrighton when it comes to one footed footballers that make it work. Also to a certain extent Mahrez.

Being one footed isn't what concerns me, it's more fans expectation. This has been highlighted in another thread regarding the pressures placed on young players. I already worry people expect him to be the next Mahrez, when he could quite easily be another Musa. I hope us fans stay grounded, as I hope the players does too. Nothing wrong with being a little excited though.. 

Agree completely with your second point but I think Mahrez and Albrighton are more than competent on their weaker sides. They've each got goals and assists to prove that.

58 minutes ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

Agree completely with your second point but I think Mahrez and Albrighton are more than competent on their weaker sides. They've each got goals and assists to prove that.

Yeah I agree entirely. Both have improved over time. I'd expect the same for any professional. It's criminal if you don't.

He's had one game and was impressive with his goals but let's not get carried away!. I liked his attacking mentality against the Posh he always wanted to get forward and in good positions and his willingness to get into the box and pass defenders to set up Nddid's goal was great to watch. he was playing with no fear against the Posh and I hope he continues to do this against better opposition and doesn't get stifled but is allowed to play naturally and let his talent come out!

8 hours ago, Redouane said:

Here we go again. 

Crazy hype for a player after one performance. Musa anyone???

Let's see what he does in the prem before we start talking about how great he is. Hope he gets some game time against Everton.

Exactly. He may not even play against Everton, if he does probably 20 mins or so. The first game he starts and doesn't play a blinder I hope that it doesn't go the other way with lots of fans jumping on his back. Football can be very bi-polar. As Puel has said he is not the finished article. He has all the attributes needed to have a very good chance of becoming a Prem player that's clear to see but very few players settle into the prem right away and even fewer that are his age (Ndidi was playing at a higher level and rare as hen's teeth). Even Lacazette has struggled to adapt... Hopefully having Mahrez around will help his development. He scored 3 in 18 appearances in Ligue 2 it's extremely unlikely he is going to score for fun in the prem immediately. He must be absolutely buzzing right now and that may mean he goes on a bit of a run. But sooner or later he's almost certainly going to have a barren patch, Mahrez has off days, Vardy almost quit football. It happens to the best. How he gets through that will give an indication of how good he is. 

Musa has flaws which I'm surprised were not picked up when we signed him. But, he probably could do well at another club playing through the middle as he's quick and can finish. He's just never a winger and no way is he playing as a 9. It's hard enough for Nacho to get in the side and he's a far better striker than Musa. Diabate has a chance as it seems he can play naturally as a winger. How much he plays will probably largely depend on if Gray finally realizes his potential, we get injuries or Mahrez leaves.  For one the arm waving/throwing a strop all the time has to stop with Gray. seconds change games and while he's doing that he's not getting back into position. He can't get away with that as a winger.

10 hours ago, mad biker said:

Oh his name is Diabate

Leicesters number 33

????????

????????

May I suggest:

Oh Fousseni Diabate

Leicesters number thirty three

He's the same as Riyad Mahrez

Came from France to play for the City

Then if Riyad leaves, we can change line 3 to He's bet-ter than Riyad Mahrez.

May need a little bit of tweaking, but I reckon it has potential.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love a cultured toe-poke. It can be the most divine of finishes.

The way Diabate ghosted in and then skillfully directed his first goal into the corner on Saturday with his left toes was simply class. It's difficult to be accurate with a toe-end but in limited space with limited back-lift it can be a really effective way of surprising a keeper.

Reminded me of Romario in his heyday: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2015/m=3/news=in-praise-of-the-toe-poke-2555654.html

I think hype is inevitable after that... I hope he gets a run out or three in the league.