Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Diabaté Signs

He looked very good and it was an encouraging performance although against pretty poor opposition.

Before we all get carried away I have two words of warning-  Zsolt Laczko

Anyone who was there the day he made his debut will know what I mean.

Very promising start though.

• Like 1

The thing that surprised me was how good his touch was. Coming from a lower league with pace you can get players who have got by using the Turbo charge. Vardy in his first few years being a great example. However on his goal for example his technique looked good, very encouraging!

42 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Everyone keeps saying this but I reckon it’s  more the case that Puel went to a few games to watch his son and spotted him that way 

That's how I'd read it a couple of days back, seems someone mis heard along the way and now the stories changed.

One way or the other lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

One game against Peterborough does not a Mahrez make...

Yeah, but we get to be excited when a virtual unknown appears to add high quality depth. He may prove a lesser light, but right now, all we have is an absolutely brilliant debut.

Btw, anyone have thoughts on his defense?

Musa may have scored those wonder goals against Barca but he still showed he had the first touch of a baby elephant.

it was pretty obvious after Saturday Diabate will be a good player still may take time to adapt but everything he did on Saturday he did very well.

1. Chose the right pass time and time again.

2. Very quick

3. Technically very good

4. Decent finishing

Plenty to get excited about but let’s not put pressure on him.

15 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Musa may have scored those wonder goals against Barca but he still showed he had the first touch of a baby elephant.

it was pretty obvious after Saturday Diabate will be a good player still may take time to adapt but everything he did on Saturday he did very well.

1. Chose the right pass time and time again.

2. Very quick

3. Technically very good

4. Decent finishing

Plenty to get excited about but let’s not put pressure on him.

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

One game against Peterborough does not a Mahrez make...

Tbf I can’t recollect Mahrez having a debut like Diabate did? If my memory serves me rightly, it took Riyad quite a few games to look good?

It is the foxes talk way though....Diabate plays really well, so he’s going to be brilliant in the eyes of many on here. A couple of bad games and he’ll be hammered like all the others have been.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He does indeed look impressive but your instant dislike to Silva is baffling. If you can't see how natural he is with the ball which we're crying out for from Central midfield then I'm lost for words. Another month and he'll have sussed the pace of the game out easy. 

Ok , I sort of hope I’m wrong

so If he gets a 9 out of 10 by either the mirror or sun between now and end of season 

I will self ban myself for exactly ONE month  !!! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Tbf I can’t recollect Mahrez having a debut like Diabate did? If my memory serves me rightly, it took Riyad quite a few games to look good?

It is the foxes talk way though....Diabate plays really well, so he’s going to be brilliant in the eyes of many on here. A couple of bad games and he’ll be hammered like all the others have been.

The game against Yeovil he was atrocious, couldn't beat a man, couldn't pass repeatedly caught in possession and tackled. I'd like to see the match thread for that game, going on form this forum would have had him on loan to a league 1 club and would have wanted John stead in. lol