Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Diabaté Signs

16 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

For all the praise heaped on the German underage sysytem France has gone unnoticed over the years.

Hazard, Mahrez, Kante etc. Churned out a lot of talent.

Loads of praise goes to Germany and Spain but France gets very little. I've never quite got it.

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't understand why to be fair young players like Diabete, then Knockaert and Mahrez never got bought by any of the lower/mid table teams in Ligue 1 and get given a chance?? Weird how they never were circled as prospects but two have gone on to have either excellent or good careers in English football and we may have just seen the start of another one.

Pretty sure Montpellier (champions at the time) were in for Knockaert when we were. Mahrez had trials at PSG and Marseille but opted for Le Havre because more players have gone on to do well from taking that path. Kante we know Marseille were in for. I think a lot of the issue has been money really. France would be a very powerful league if the sides in it could hold onto their players.

57 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

So disrespectful to Leicester especially Saying Mahrez will go for £40-50 million !!! Are people taking the piss in today’s market? Or is it because it’s little old Leicester that we should sell him for half what a Liverpool type club would ask for him? 

In today’s inflated market Mahrez has to be worth £75 million, around half of Coutinho!

Im sure Danny Murphy is crying out to be Riyads agent...forever saying he should be leaving Leicester for a bigger club!

46 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

In today’s inflated market Mahrez has to be worth £75 million, around half of Coutinho!

Im sure Danny Murphy is crying out to be Riyads agent...forever saying he should be leaving Leicester for a bigger club!

Only half lol Mahrez is as good as Coutinho... and hazard, like hazard he had a bad season but the title winning one he was the best and this season he is back again... sorry 75m is cheap 

5 hours ago, notnow john said:

He's played one very good game against a division 2 side,he's horribly one footed  and 

premier league players will work him out in no time.

Hes a work in progress anyone who thinks he can step straight into Riyad's shoes is deluded!

Isn't Mahrez "horribly one footed"?  But he seems to cope.

• Like 1

For me the biggest surprise is that he looks like a player that can make an impact now. I was fully expecting him to be another development squad player (for which I have no problem with) but this guy looks like an asset to have on the bench and good cover if Mahrez, Albrighton or Gray get injured. 

As Puel said he has very good attributes so I expect this player to do far better than Schlupp or Dodoo. Jeff was a tank of a man that had incredible physical attributes but who lacked both technique and decision making. Diabate has quick feet, good first touch, decent acceleration and a far better game understanding. 

Also at the price we paid if he ends up being Musa 2.0 we won’t really be too bothered. 

• Like 3

It’s awesome we’ve finally sorted out a side to power us out of League One, when we get relegated there. It’s this kind of forward planning that most teams seem to miss. I’m really looking forward to seeing Diabaté play regularly in two years time now.

• Haha 2

I love how at the start of the post people slagging him off before he even kicked a ball for us, I know it's only one game and Peterborough but I think it's exciting times a head and I think he's up for challenge. I think having Puel in charge will bring out the best in him. 

Edited by southfox66

44 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Class act, looked full of energy and knew exactly what he was doing, an absolute bargain at 2m Man city take note.

Danny Murphy can't handle us, proper bitter that man.

Why does Murphy assume the signing of Diabete means Mahrez is off? Why can't we have a backup? Are we not allowed to recruit now?

10 hours ago, notnow john said:

He's played one very good game against a division 2 side,he's horribly one footed  and 

Hes a work in progress anyone who thinks he can step straight into Riyad's shoes is deluded!

Well, you can only beat what's in front of you. Gray for example didn't particularly shine against them, neither has Albrighton. Give the kid some credit. 

I'd like to see that. All lefties are one footed. That's just how it is. Maradona was horribly one footed to the point he'd cross with a rabona rather than his right foot. Messi, Robben, Giggs, Rivaldo.. all of them. Oh and Mahrez as well.  Different players and he indeed has big shoes to fill but even if it's early days, he showed some real quality. 

Can't believe you're knocking him off after one game and a game which he's bossed at that.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

This was a Puel signing, He said he has been watching him for 2 years developing. He looked great yesterday albeit against a league 1 side.

It's the way he went about it that's very encouraging, Not being static but continuously searching for space and making himself available to receive the Ball.

He took his Goals brilliantly and though under pressure was able to pick out NDiddi for his goal. A very impressive debut.

Have we found another gem, I think we have. It just remains to see how he stands up to the rigors of the Premiership. I suspect we may only see him sparingly while we build him up and get him ready for next season. 

• Like 2

Jesus - life must be horrible living it that negatively. 

Are we not allowed to be excited about one of the best debuts in our history?! 

Yes it only one game but hes demonstrated a lot of ability in that one game unlike most debutantes who freeze then everyone says give him time to settle.

Can he step into Mahrez shoes, of course he can, Whether he can do as well as Mahrez well that's a different matter. But certainly on his debut the Boy done good.

Remember when Simpson and Morgan got injured we were all worried. Now after 5 clean sheets Drago and Amartey should keep their place.

That's the nature of Football.

Dare I say it I think he will go on to have a bigger career with us that Gray, Who continuously flatters to deceive. 

And I wouldn't be advocating anyone takes Mahrez's place, We just need to keep adding more quality to the Squad.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

This was a Puel signing, He said he has been watching him for 2 years developing. He looked great yesterday albeit against a league 1 side.

It's the way he went about it that's very encouraging, Not being static but continuously searching for space and making himself available to receive the Ball.

He took his Goals brilliantly and though under pressure was able to pick out NDiddi for his goal. A very impressive debut.

Have we found another gem, I think we have. It just remains to see how he stands up to the rigors of the Premiership. I suspect we may only see him sparingly while we build him up and get him ready for next season. 

Great post, Agree entirely. The lad has massive potential, Puel obviously knows it.

• Thanks 1

Thoroughly impressed with multiple aspects of his game yesterday. Two well taken goals and a nice assist. Some direct attacking play and a high work rate. For me though the standout thing has to be how well he linked up with new team mates. Seems to be well in tune with Puel's ideas and suits our style. We've some very promising youngsters in the likes Gray, Thomas, Barnes and now Diabate in those positions. Early days and expect to see more in future seasons, but excited to see how this guy progresses.

Don't agree with the MOTD logic that we've now got one too many wide players so it's inevitable that he's here to replace Mahrez.

The way I see it is that under shakey we had Mahrez and Albrighton typically starting with Gray on the bench. Now that Puel often leaves out Shinji in favour of a number ten role for Gray or Mahrez it leaves us a wide player short on the bench on those occasions. Chilwell does a job on the left but at times we've looked like our next option is for James, King or Amartey to see out the game on the right - not ideal at this level.

Musa is the one you'd think was next in line but Puel clearly rates him as lowly as I do so nominally I see Diabate as Musa's replacement, if Musa leaves this week it's as you were but better in that every player is wanted and included in the plans.

Diabates lightning start has raised questions of how can we leave him out etc, maybe it will affect Grays opportunities and see Mahrez play as a 10 more but if we get a good contribution from Mahrez, Albrighton, Diabate and Gray every game between now and the end of the season, which with the 10 role and substitutions is easily possible, then we're in for more exciting times. 

Of course that means a little less opportunity for Shinji and the dilemma that MOTD factored in to their argument of match time required for Iheanacho. I don't know if you'd play him and Vardy together from the start but if we can get him on for 25-30 mins (for Vardy or the no.10) a game he'll start to feel more of a part of it.

We may look spoilt for choice but we're currently injury free in those areas with no AFCON and no suspensions, a red card for Chilwell and an injury to Albrighton or Mahrez leaves us with little width available on the bench (Gray & Diabate starting).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Scouted by Puels Son after playing along side him