Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Diabaté Signs

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Didn't schlupp score a hat trick on his debut?

You are correct, he did. Joe Dodoo also scored a hattrick on his debut in the cup against lower league opposition.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Looks like we have another gem on our cards. Showed Gray up big time. 

Wont be long until he is getting prem minutes.

51 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Looks miles ahead of Gray based on that performance.

I've been pretty critical of Gray this season - decision-making, particularly - but I thought he was pretty good today: linked well with team-mates, put defenders under pressure with his pace/dribbling, not too greedy, released ball quicker...

Diabaté certainly has promise, though, albeit just 1 match v. a L1 team: good first touch, apparently decent with both feet, able to accelerate away from defenders, good finishing, decent ball retention and link-up work.

Will be interesting now to see him against PL defenders via a few appearances from the bench, hopefully. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The contract probably has a series of payments depending on progress (appearances etc) so it might end up as the £4.4m suggested.

You can only hope they learned from the Kante contract and have not agreed a sell-on or release clause.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Apparently, we paid £4.4m for him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5247435/Leicester-City-set-confirm-capture-Fousseni-Diabate.html

I always had £2m or 2 million Euro in mind...

Better not tell Rudkin, he had the £3m release clause he’d negotiated as one of his highlights for his end of year appraisal.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've been pretty critical of Gray this season - decision-making, particularly - but I thought he was pretty good today: linked well with team-mates, put defenders under pressure with his pace/dribbling, not too greedy, released ball quicker...

Diabaté certainly has promise, though, albeit just 1 match v. a L1 team: good first touch, apparently decent with both feet, able to accelerate away from defenders, good finishing, decent ball retention and link-up work.

Will be interesting now to see him against PL defenders via a few appearances from the bench, hopefully. 

I agree he was good today. Always found pockets of space in behind their back 4 and created space with his driving runs. He did well.

EDIT: Was talking about Gray originally. Diabate was also pretty good!

Edited by M0901
  • Like 1