Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

I quite often have random thoughts, usually visually stimulated. Like when I see two dogs walk by on opposite sides of the street, i think do they have their own nod hello? 

How high could I jump/fall from before I couldn't land without hurting myself.

Who was the first person to eat some of the random foods in the world? who would see a snail and think I'm guna eat that? And how the fvck did they pursued others to follow suit?

What would life be like if I was born in a different country? 

Random crap like that. 

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Who decided what word would be each word? Like “video” for example. Who looked at that and went.... it’s a video....

madness

When it comes to English words, chances are it’s an idea stolen from at least one other language;

1935, as visual equivalent of audio, from Latin video "I see," first person singular present indicative of videre "to see" (see vision). As a noun, "that which is displayed on a (television) screen," 1937.

When I'm driving I think how easy it could be for me to just swerve about and cause some mayhem. Obviously I don't but then I do wonder how often it could happen to me(someone else swerving about just for fun etc). Then I realise I could drive down any street in Leicester and realise it for myself with the way some people drive lol

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

When I'm driving I think how easy it could be for me to just swerve about and cause some mayhem. Obviously I don't but then I do wonder how often it could happen to me(someone else swerving about just for fun etc). Then I realise I could drive down any street in Leicester and realise it for myself with the way some people drive lol

Particularly Melton Road, dodging all those illegally parked cars lol

10 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

That is f****** mind boggling. :nigel: Now I will be awake all night

It's something that plays on my mind.

I also wonder when the last time I ever 'played out' with my mates or when did I stop playing with toys? Did I wake up one day and just stop. 

(Incidentally now I have kids I probably play with kids toys just as much as I did as a child).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

please do tell, how do you plan on doing so.

(do we need a thread about "if you decide to kill someone, how would you do it", and pls, no walter white turning guys to "smoothies")

Duh, as if id tell and spoil it

3 hours ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Similarly I've always wondered what blind people dream about, especially those born without vision. Are their dreams just sounds?

1 hour ago, the fox said:

oh come on, the last thing i need is another insomnia indosing question lol

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

That is f****** mind boggling. :nigel: Now I will be awake all night

No need to lose sleep over this one, fellas:

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2014/02/26/how-the-blind-dream/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

most people can't even hear sounds in their dreams

There's no way that's true.  I'd say more than 50% of the time the random made-up tune accompanying my final moments of sleep is what lasts longest in my memory before being inevitably erased like the rest of the night's fabrications.

18 hours ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

It's something that plays on my mind.

I also wonder when the last time I ever 'played out' with my mates or when did I stop playing with toys? Did I wake up one day and just stop. 

(Incidentally now I have kids I probably play with kids toys just as much as I did as a child).

One day you and a mate went out to play, for the last time and neither of you knew it at the time.

17 hours ago, the fox said:

please do tell, how do you plan on doing so.

(do we need a thread about "if you decide to kill someone, how would you do it", and pls, no walter white turning guys to "smoothies")

You could swerve into oncoming traffic and uncouple their seatbelt at the same time. Although it might be a bit awkward if they survive.