Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (H) post-match thread (2-0 home win)

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

It's hard to believe that Ndidi has made me forget Kante, i honestly thought he was irreplaceable !!

Ndidi just keeps improving every week.. We need to sign him up long term with no buy out clause.

I think he has 4.5 years left on his current deal!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

My wife wasn't watching but could overhear my stream and she commented during the game there was some confusion for those listening.

We had Ndidi and Deeney.

In the 2nd half, D Gray and A Gray

and at the end when our Silva came on, he walked past their manager, Silva.

lol

Right. :nigel:

8 plus out of 10 for everyone for me no weak player.Should have buried em 4/5 how many times did offside stop us.Maybe 20 decent moves on goal.

Drago is very tidy player no drama just a job done.Ive not read the whole thread but Riyad and one or two were having a moan about balls not played early but it looked in the right spirit of trying to see of Watford.off.

Just a few looking a bit weary last 10 minuutes so save some legs for next prem game.

one of those games where it could have gone either way because of how scrappy it got at times, but then when you come away with a win and a clean sheet, you just know that things will be alright going forward.

Glad we won that though because I find Watford fans unbearable sometimes when they get one over us. We have a good record against them at home but I feel like 3 points today is a bit of revenge for the poor result on Boxing Day. Felt the first goal was important to get as they started the first half fairly promisingly. Equally so I was hoping we'd get the 2nd goal earlier than we did as the pressure and nerves may have told with how many attacking players they ended up with on the pitch (Richarlison, Okaka, Deeney, Gray, Carrillo). 

Mahrez was quiet for most of the match and then burst to life in the final 15-20 minutes. Ends up with another goal to his name where I was begging for him to square it to Silva (first assist as well for him which I'm delighted about). 

Maguire should get a lot of praise after today's performance, though. Even if you aren't his biggest fan he handled everything brilliantly. Aerially dominant agaisnt some physical strikers. Tackled well against some skilful players.  Could say he put those skilful players to shame with how he brought the ball forward with ease and took pressure off us as well as delaying/reducing their tempo of play. Can't fault him at all today and Schmeichel must love having someone as good as he (and Dragovic) directly in front of him). That block he made from Andre Gray was superb. Timed it right and anticipated it perfectly. BBC gave Mahrez man of the match but for me it was Maguire. 

• Like 3

Diabolical today from Chilwell, Mahrez, Albrighton and the worst culprit was Okazaki. How Puel doesn't make changes earlier when we are that bad is beyond me?! I can understand in games that are finely poised when we're playing well but I saw no reason to keep Okazaki on past 50 mins and neither Albrighton who was horrid. That's my only criticism of Puel right now. 

Massively got away with it today, we we're equally as poor vs Huddersfield 1st half too. Thankfully they are two of the worst away teams in the division so it'll be glossed over. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Diabolical today from Chilwell, Mahrez, Albrighton and the worst culprit was Okazaki. How Puel doesn't make changes earlier when we are that bad is beyond me?! I can understand in games that are finely poised when we're playing well but I saw no reason to keep Okazaki on past 50 mins and neither Albrighton who was horrid. That's my only criticism of Puel right now. 

Massively got away with it today, we we're equally as poor vs Huddersfield 1st half too. Thankfully they are two of the worst away teams in the division so it'll be glossed over. 

Read most of this thread. It's amazing how opinion differs. Yours isn't part of the consensus.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought Chilwell had a good game today, he really is good moving forward. Its strange how we all see the same game and pick up on different things. 

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You been on the lash mate!

I'm enjoying this back four. Armarty and Chillwell are offering an overlapping option much more than fuchs and simpson and Dragovic has took his chance for me. Im a big Wes and Simpson fan but until this defence start shipping goals then we should not change it.

Amartey is looking confident now.. he was a rabbit in the headlights in his first two games.. now he looks settled. It's good to see.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They aren't the only ones! A number of outlets have only given Ndidi and Maguire 7's! They must literally only look at stats and generate them from that.

But N'Didi's stats after that game must be.... well someone has them. Obviously not the Beeb.

couple of other comments aside from our performance today (which I do understand may have been said before this 9th page but feel it has to be said!)

The referee - I don't want to have any kind of main focus on the referee today but some of the decisions were a bit odd. how was Deeney not booked for pulling back Gray when we were about to attack? The glaringly obvious one which I'll come on to below. Another being allowing Janmaat to stroll forward on the touchline to take a throw. It's a minor thing to raise/complain about but portrays a lack of control over the players in my opinion. Vardy kicked the ball out near the corner and Janmaat strides up level with the 18 yard line to take a throw. And just a few other decisions here and there were a bit debatable; Mahrez' potential penalty claim - looked like the defender clipped him or he dived? 

Daryl Janmaat - firstly, other than Antonio Barragan, is there another player who struggles to throw in properly?! Surely must have been on the verge of at least 2 or 3 foul throws today. Secondly regarding the same player, the embarrassing swan dive after Maguire's challenge. Unreal stuff and the referee fell hook, line and sinker for his theatrics. No player who gets contacted like that (if at all there was any) reacts as bad as he did! Leapt like a salmon 3 feet in to the air!

Just now, Great Boos Up said:

But N'Didi's stats after that game must be.... well someone has them. Obviously not the Beeb.

I think they only look at offensive stats. "Team didn't concede and won the game, but didn't assist or score = 7"

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190372/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Watford-Leicester

According to WhoScored he had:
4 Tackles

2 Interceptions

5 Clearances

1 Blocked Shot

1 Foul

But they have Albrighton down as the highest rated player!!! Stats, eh!?