Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (H) post-match thread (2-0 home win)

Great team spirit and they all looked like they enjoyed it, Ndidi & McGuire were immense and we need to sign a Dragovic asap. Amartey & Chilwell now showing signs that they have settled into a very good back 4....

Up the City....:scarf::thumbup:

1 minute ago, old koppite said:

Funny ain’t it, seen a couple of comments that JV not so good today, but LCFC radio said at the end he’d had a very good game- which is right?

I also heard some Scottish dude on the stream I was watching saying Vardy all game and  what Vardy brings the team, as he was offside etc. The doubt isn't Vardy's presence. The doubt is Vardy's ability to deliver 5 times a month. 

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Crap game really. Mahrez was poor but popped up at the end to take his goal well.

This won't be too popular a comment, but you're right. I feel like the team needs to do a better job getting the ball to Mahrez early in games. If we start out and we are not getting him the ball in space, he tends to go away. Perhaps being mindful of getting him the ball more early and often will get us better results, IDK. I did see him doing a lot of tracking back, to his credit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Good result in the end. Vardy does very often look Fleetwood standard though, time is catching him up I'm afraid. At 1 nil, it looked a bit moody. 

His penalty was quality, text book, his touch, not so. He looks like he needs to play 2 out of 4, not every game.

Get out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Funny ain’t it, seen a couple of comments that JV not so good today, but LCFC radio said at the end he’d had a very good game- which is right?

He did great tonight. Probably the best player  on the pitch after Maguire.

He was good, not great or very good - but not average or poor. 

Might have had a brace. I thought he had a fine game, nothing to scoff at. 

It looked like Watford were trying to foul and muscle their way to a result.

They threw on big lads at the end, too.

Puel is trying to make us a passing side, so it was maybe a bit harder for us to play against bruisers.

• Like 2

If I had one criticism it would be that we are too wasteful with our chances. We had 9 shots and 5 on target, but we were within one pass of making a goal about 3 or 4 times, and I feel like this has happened quite a few times this season. It's unusual because we were literally the best at that final ball on the breakaway two seasons ago and have the same front line!

I'd also say that we were a bit slow passing the ball around in the middle of the park today with James not up to his performance from last week. Still I think he did OK overall, but would not be surprised to see Silva start ahead of him next week.

Anyway the exciting thing is that we will improve in both of these areas over time and yet are already on an upward trajectory.

• Like 1

As a team we look like we understand each other, which in the past we haven’t.

We look a good team. We’ve said we needed a defensive overhaul for a long time now and it’s finally happened. 3 clean sheets on the bounce with none of the title winning back line.

Credit go Puel, he’s turned us into quite the team.

It depends what you base his performance on, he worked hard and won the ball back a lot and harassed their defence. So in that respect he was very good.

But when it came to his finishing or final pass he wasn’t at his best today, can think of him missing one relatively easy chance that you would expect him to score and another first touch that was poor when he was through as examples. His place in the team is never in any threat though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colourmy said:

No Chance!!

N'didi and Chilwell a counrty mile in front of him!

On Ndidi I can agree, but Chilwell? Nope, nope, nope. As much as I like the kid and want him to start every game, he still has 0 end product. Can be worked on though.

Edited by ZeGuy

If we look for anyone this transfer window, we need to see if there is a likely Ndidi replacement out there, bc Wilf is going to get some pretty serious bids in the offseason. The guy is the f'ing backbone of everything we do. Yes, I wish he was a bit better on the ball, and yes, I wish he could shoot. But FFS, for all the work he does, he can shank two into the stands per game, I give no Fuchs. The guy is a monster.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

If I had one criticism it would be that we are too wasteful with our chances. We had 9 shots and 5 on target, but we were within one pass of making a goal about 3 or 4 times, and I feel like this has happened quite a few times this season. It's unusual because we were literally the best at that final ball on the breakaway two seasons ago and have the same front line!

I'd also say that we were a bit slow passing the ball around in the middle of the park today with James not up to his performance from last week. Still I think he did OK overall, but would not be surprised to see Silva start ahead of him next week.

Anyway the exciting thing is that we will improve in both of these areas over time and yet are already on an upward trajectory.

At Peterborough? If he doesn’t then it means he will start at goodison 

Just now, ZeGuy said:

Ndidi I can agree, but Chilwell. Nope, nope, nope. As much as I like the kid and want him to start every game, he still has 0 end product. Can be worked on though.

So if you agree N'didi was, why did you suggest Vardy was only behind Maguire? Vardy did his job, but he is looking a little bit amateur as the season goes on. Nothing wrong with that but I feel he would excel again with a break from 4/5 games a month.

Just now, Colourmy said:

So if you agree N'didi was, why did you suggest Vardy was only behind Maguire? Vardy did his job, but he is looking a little bit amateur as the season goes on. Nothing wrong with that but I feel he would excel again with a break from 4/5 games a month.

I really can't see where you're coming from here.

It was not a perfect performance by any means, but I can't think of another PL forward who could've played the way he did today. Definitely among our better performers.

10 minutes ago, danfox76 said:

am i right in thinking 7th spot qualifies for a spot in europe

Depends on whether any team other than Bristol win the Carabao Cup and one of the current top six win the FA Cup. If that’s the case 7th is good enough for Europe. Course I’d rather we won the FA Cup and did it that way. :-)

• Like 1

we have what we need 

three points and burnley lost 

we r 7 th

we have to be well prepared for Everton and Swansea games since we do have the right formation with players  with a skillfully midfield

eager to watch the 10th feb match against man city