Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

Park Hill golf club closes suddenly - all staff made redundant, equipment locked in locker

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/park-hill-golf-club-closes-1082828

Many of the players live within minutes of Belvoir drive, and mainly south of the city around Stoneygate etc

As a person who drives the opposite direction many times a week, take it from me the journey is hideous (unless you have a helicopter) and nowhere near the M1 or any motorway network

Rush for properties in West Bridgeford is predicted

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Bit of a poor show how the folks who worked there have all been made redundant without any warning.

See the point but you have to look at current owner negligence that they exposed themselves to this. It really is just business.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

5 minutes away from me! How exciting! 

On a side note the announcement that we're spending £80m will only fuel more Mahrez rumours on the one day most of our fans don't need. 

Still... This could help us become a permanent top European club. Amazing. 

9 from me, you'll need to get the scoops.

5 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I know there is inflation, but are they made of gold now, we will have a training ground that cost of double the price of the stadium, if I remember right it was built for 35 million.

Top notch plans !! Wait and see if this happens,  if it does the training  ground will be amazing . The input at the last meeting about the new training ground was mind blowing . This will be up there with the best !! 

Edited by jamesmilner

1 hour ago, KFS said:

See the point but you have to look at current owner negligence that they exposed themselves to this. It really is just business.

Agree, but it doesn't really reflect well on anyone. Be nice if the club made some sort of gesture to help those affected.

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Park Hill golf club closes suddenly - all staff made redundant, equipment locked in locker

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/park-hill-golf-club-closes-1082828

Many of the players live within minutes of Belvoir drive, and mainly south of the city around Stoneygate etc

As a person who drives the opposite direction many times a week, take it from me the journey is hideous (unless you have a helicopter) and nowhere near the M1 or any motorway network

Rush for properties in West Bridgeford is predicted

hmm be quite interested to hear of any of the players live on the Saff , eyes monsell or aylestone...

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

hmm be quite interested to hear of any of the players live on the Saff , eyes monsell or aylestone...

I think one or two live in some of the flats near Highcross...

Either way, I'm sure they or new players will be offered help to find accommodation in the local area. 

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think one or two live in some of the flats near Highcross...

Either way, I'm sure they or new players will be offered help to find accommodation in the local area. 

im sure they will be fine lol  people travel an hour in the mornings to earn 30k a year