Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

12 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Haha! And what about the marina needed for the owners to dock their private yacht? ?

Oh... Is that what it is? Looking at the plans I thought the huge Cranes made it look more like a port for the Container Ships importing the King Power merchandise from Thailand. Having said that I guess it could it serve both purposes. 

Joking aside I've been told from the horses mouth so to speak the owners have a back up plan. A family concern has put in a bid that's been accepted if the plans are refused. 

One of the two brothers told me yesterday the family see it as the ideal position. They feel the area would be great for the health of the 20k pigs they intend to farm on it. 

14 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Suprised no-ones mentioned the rumours from years ago that the Thai's arent actually Thai, they're secretly North Korean and it's very strange and eerily coincidental the new training ground plan was announced around the same time the Norks started decommissioning their old intercontinental ballistic nuclear missile experiment bases

Coincidentally, "Norks" is the name of the on-site gentleman's club located underneath the 30-private-room "hotel".

• Haha 1

One of The latest complaints states that in general road junctions are potentially dangerous, speed is a major cause of accidents and Larger vehicles, such as luxury coaches, are longer than motor cars and are unable to accelerate as quickly.

5 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

One of The latest complaints states that in general road junctions are potentially dangerous, speed is a major cause of accidents and Larger vehicles, such as luxury coaches, are longer than motor cars and are unable to accelerate as quickly.

I read an objection to a housing development a while back whereby the person objecting seemed to think the effect the noise of the project would have on her dog's ability to sleep should be considered by the local authority in their decision. Nimbyism at its most utterly deluded finest.

My favourite resident of Seagrave has taken it upon themselves to read the entirety of that 500-page traffic document and has taken issue with pages 299-300; by extrapolating the data they've come to the conclusion that the development poses a serious threat to the lives of residents of Seagrave and Sileby as well as an increased risk to the lives of the children in the Primary school.

It's very much worth a read:

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00998103.pdf

This is the same person who said the fences were "concentration camp style" and that the sewage plan could generate germs that could kill the neighbours in the village with things like Mad Cow Disease.

I wonder her carers are wise to let her near the internet.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

My favourite resident of Seagrave has taken it upon themselves to read the entirety of that 500-page traffic document and has taken issue with pages 299-300; by extrapolating the data they've come to the conclusion that the development poses a serious threat to the lives of residents of Seagrave and Sileby as well as an increased risk to the lives of the children in the Primary school.

This is the same person who said the fences were "concentration camp style" and that the sewage plan could generate germs that could kill the neighbours in the village with things like Mad Cow Disease.

Just send them a signed shirt and get on with it 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

I think the objector needs to be realise that something is going to be built on that land. In my opinion, the proposed LCFC devopment is far, far better than most, if not all, of the other potential uses.

I'd be very concerned about the consequences of LCFC selling on that land to other developers if I was a house owner in the vacinity, and very annoyed at this objector.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I think the objector needs to be realise that something is going to be built on that land. In my opinion, the proposed LCFC devopment is far, far better than most, if not all, of the other potential uses.

I'd be very concerned about the consequences of LCFC selling on that land to other developers if I was a house owner in the vacinity, and very annoyed at this objector.

Very true, people should be careful what they wish for. The Clubs proposals will retain 90% of the site as green field development. More importantly it's likely to remain that way for a very long time.

Who knows what might be built on it if the Club are forced to sell it on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spudulike said:

At the same time, complaining about potential traffic increase 8 years down the line is sceptical at best. So many things can change in regards to transport and the roads in the years coming to that. 

What do they really want to happen? If we don't build there, someone else will. 

20 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Even if she managed to block the planning application, it already appears to have ruined her life.

34 minutes ago, los dedos said:

These people are batshit crazy (yes i mean you if you're reading ) do they really think the training ground  would be worse that the 3-4000 houses you could fit on there . Maybe 40-50 cars a day a few more in the evening.

They would hope nothing gets built, lets face it if they manage to stop this unobtrusive development they'll be pretty confident about stopping any housing.

guys there is no way in the world that pp would be given for housing on there ever..did well to get the golf course 20 years back.

lcfc will get their planning after the usual ins and outs .Charnwood council are very much linked to sport and will put it through eventually .

22 minutes ago, dynamark said:

guys there is no way in the world that pp would be given for housing on there ever..did well to get the golf course 20 years back.

lcfc will get their planning after the usual ins and outs .Charnwood council are very much linked to sport and will put it through eventually .

Really ?? You'd be surprised given the pressure on Local Authorities to meet building quotas. Publically they might oppose it but ultimately wouldn't be able to hold it off. Just think of all that loverly Council Tax :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Really ?? You'd be surprised given the pressure on Local Authorities to meet building quotas. Publically they might oppose it but ultimately wouldn't be able to hold it off. Just think of all that loverly Council Tax :rolleyes:

If the builders were one of the firms that fund the Conservative Party, planning permission would be granted even if the local authorities rejected it. Money talks especially for our corrupt government.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dynamark said:

That will never be  in a100 years housebuilding land .Its chicken farming country as LCFC will find out on a warm summer day

Only going by the complaints I’ve read about the training ground traffic but Isn’t there been new house building approved already in a nearby area 

• Like 1