Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

On 20/09/2018 at 14:33, Bayfox said:

Sorry to disappoint but it's not on the agenda for the councillors planning commitee tonight. It will be heard on the 11th of October.

Excellent. 

Are the residents sure if this is approved it'll lower house values? Their nice big 4 bed detatched will only sell for the same as a 2 bed semi? Just asking for a friend who may be house hunting :ph34r:

@urban.spaceman Can you ask your mate 'Frank' if he's got a double garage....

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Excellent. 

Are the residents sure if this is approved it'll lower house values? Their nice big 4 bed detatched will only sell for the same as a 2 bed semi? Just asking for a friend who may be house hunting :ph34r:

@urban.spaceman Can you ask your mate 'Frank' if he's got a double garage....

I can neither confirm or deny whether or not 'Frank' has an enlarged "garage" or can I confirm or deny whether or not 'Frank' has ever had a "2 bed semi".

Though if you ask Sandra at No. 42 she'll tell you what she's heard around the village.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is a doozy.

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00999465.pdf

Clutching at straws!

I love he cities two paragraphs of NPPF which in fact will support the application rather than give reason to reject. 

He's pointing out public use but City will get around that by having summer schools or hosting the occasional school there once every two weeks. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is a doozy.

Clutching at straws!

Boring hell... some ppl have way too much time on their hands! I ain’t even got time to read that let alone sit down and type it!

in fact I just ran out of time writing this, my baby girl has just shat her pants ?

6 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Boring hell... some ppl have way too much time on their hands! I ain’t even got time to read that let alone sit down and type it!

in fact I just ran out of time writing this, my baby girl has just shat her pants ?

As opposed to the letter writer who probably sh1ts  his own pants ……………..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Frank's at it again, putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 4,812, a doctorate in traffic flow analysis and a paranoia so big you can see it from space.

I pity these people, I'm all for a quick letter if you're against something. But what sort of life do these people have? They are concerned about getting stuck in traffic for 15 seconds, but see no issue with wasting weeks of their (probably not far from ending) lives researching traffic flows and writing letters that will just get binned.

• Like 4

I've driven down the road this is off and tbf it is a bit of an issue. People bomb down there at 60/70/80mph, it's very hard to get out and possibly a bit dangerous. If the club pay for a roundabout there that would be a benefit for the whole village. The villagers are probably trying to squeeze as much benefit for themselves as they can and I don't blame them for that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've driven down the road this is off and tbf it is a bit of an issue. People bomb down there at 60/70/80mph, it's very hard to get out and possibly a bit dangerous. If the club pay for a roundabout there that would be a benefit for the whole village. The villagers are probably trying to squeeze as much benefit for themselves as they can and I don't blame them for that.

Club have offered all sorts of solutions, they are not at fault here in anyway, but a roundabout will not happen. All they plan to do is lengthen the central reservation crossing area.

On 28/09/2018 at 13:24, urban.spaceman said:

This is a doozy.

Clutching at straws!

Loving the fact that they suggest they live in the real world, yeah so does the person you have written the letter too lol 

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Club have offered all sorts of solutions, they are not at fault here in anyway, but a roundabout will not happen. All they plan to do is lengthen the central reservation crossing area.

I don't think the club are at fault all, I just think the villagers are looking after their own interests and there's nothing wrong with that.

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I thought that's why the put 2 speed cameras there.

• Like 1

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

It's still a dual carriage way. 70mph (unless they've changed that there recently) is still the speed limit.

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think they're dummy ones.

Presumably as I  saw a police car going over 70mph past it the other day and it didn't flash.

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I think they're dummy ones.

Presumably as I  saw a police car going over 70mph past it the other day and it didn't flash.

Well  it's hardly going to change anyones life if they made it 50 for that bit and put real cameras in. Surely every one would be happy if the junction were made safer.  I think someones after a bit of compo.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't think the club are at fault all, I just think the villagers are looking after their own interests and there's nothing wrong with that.

They haven’t said or done anything about it for the last ten or so years 

a multiple million pound company wants to move in and all hell breaks loose with all this complaining about increase on traffic on a daily basis 

Lcfc have stated there will be 93 staff members on site daily 

golf club had around 1500 members let’s assume 10% visited a day that’s 150 right there without including staff a day 

Hosting weddings and birthday parties were also acceptable to them 

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

They haven’t said or done anything about it for the last ten or so years 

a multiple million pound company wants to move in and all hell breaks loose with all this complaining about increase on traffic on a daily basis 

Lcfc have stated there will be 93 staff members on site daily 

golf club had around 1500 members let’s assume 10% visited a day that’s 150 right there without including staff a day 

Hosting weddings and birthday parties were also acceptable to them 

Good point that. I wonder how many times a year a football training facility will host events with loud music and serving alcohol to hundreds of people until the wee hours of the morning? 

42 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A valid point but there's very,very rarely anything of that suggestion in their letters. 

If anything the objectors are attempting to be too high brow in their objections, they repeatedly point out issues with the provided documents. That's easy for the club to revise and consult their consultants. If they used their objections with a human angle, they'd arguably gain more support. 

In all serious I don't see how much more traffic a training ground adds than a golf club. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

A valid point but there's very,very rarely anything of that suggestion in their letters. 

If anything the objectors are attempting to be too high brow in their objections, they repeatedly point out issues with the provided documents. That's easy for the club to revise and consult their consultants. If they used their objections with a human angle, they'd arguably gain more support. 

In all serious I don't see how much more traffic a training ground adds than a golf club. 

It could lead to an increase in deliveries that the new training ground will need on a daily basis for the players and staff - such as food/drinks, IT support vans, and other support staff/vehicles the buildings may require on a regular basis.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

It could lead to an increase in deliveries that the new training ground will need on a daily basis for the players and staff - such as food/drinks, IT support vans, and other support staff/vehicles the buildings may require on a regular basis.

But a successful golf course has regular deliveries for their tournament days, the weddings/birthdays they host and other hosted events. A golf club will have regular large maintenance vehicles to service the course. Most well funcitioning golf clubs provide beer and food. 

IT support vans won't be needed after the training ground is built (on a site this size it will probably have a IT support man 9 to 5) and the site is so large that maintenance vehicles will all be on site. 

They will peak days where LCFC will have their academy teams playing at similar times but this would be the same on a well attended Golf club on a weekend morning.