Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

New training ground announced

On 8 October 2018 at 11:40, urban.spaceman said:

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/01000045.pdf

Thought this was one of the school’s pupils writing in to obect for a second. Turns out it’s the chair person of the PTA. 

She stops just short of pleading, 'please, won't somebody think of the children.' lol

I know that the club have sunk fortunes into this project, that investment in the surrounding areas will happen. A local bowls club is going to have one of the best greens in the county thanks to  this develepment.

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

We've got the issue of smelly dead chickens being raised now.

Whats it got to do with forest fans.

16 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

Frank's back now, having commissioned a report saying how crap the junction is..

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/01000338.pdf

Reports Wasyl is currently en route to Seagrave, with a bottle of perfume, because he like's the church..

Did the golf club provide all those missing travel options, no! 

Did they protest so strongly against this predominantly middle-class pastime, I suspect not.

Hypocrites!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

Frank's back now, having commissioned a report saying how crap the junction is..

Reports Wasyl is currently en route to Seagrave, with a bottle of perfume, because he like's the church..

What nonsense - it isn’t a ‘football ground’ in the way that study is undertaken. Why treat it as such?  

As as far as HGV movement is concerned - I assume that this references the construction period - surely it can be structured so that hgv’s only approach from one direction - how far away is the nearest roundabout ??

too many people have too much time on their hands .......

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

Dear LCFC, 

We regret to inform you that planning permission will not be granted as you failed to count some lorries, 

Regards, 

The Training Ground Permission Team 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What nonsense - it isn’t a ‘football ground’ in the way that study is undertaken. Why treat it as such?  

As as far as HGV movement is concerned - I assume that this references the construction period - surely it can be structured so that hgv’s only approach from one direction - how far away is the nearest roundabout ??

too many people have too much time on their hands .......

Hobby Horse! Have them come off at Six Hills if they want to control the routes that HGV's take. They've done something similar in Barrow in that you can only access the building sites from a certain direction. 

3 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

This was sent at 11.56 in the hope if would mean tomorrow's committee was deferred.

The bad news is Highways have already responded and said it doesn't change their position.

The irony is also the bloke causing most the fuss was the one who originally got planning for the golf course and was meant to provide a flyover at the time. Yet managed to get out of it.

41 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

This was sent at 11.56 in the hope if would mean tomorrow's committee was deferred.

The bad news is Highways have already responded and said it doesn't change their position.

The irony is also the bloke causing most the fuss was the one who originally got planning for the golf course and was meant to provide a flyover at the time. Yet managed to get out of it.

Where does it say that ?? I can only find ...

With regards to the transport assessment, comments from Highway England have been sought and committee will be updated further.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Where does it say that ?? I can only find ...

With regards to the transport assessment, comments from Highway England have been sought and committee will be updated further.

In the conversation had with highways England today.:thumbup:

Although as the residents of Seagrave have paid for this and a planning expert to speak at tomorrow's committee.

I think they may well be willing to fund a challenge to the high court if required.

Watch this space. This thread could run and run.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bayfox said:

If this is true when he starts his rant perhaps the club should remind him of this. 

I'm still waiting to here if the police are taking action over the photo. But suppose my mate can anything at present. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

If this is true when he starts his rant perhaps the club should remind him of this. 

I'm still waiting to here if the police are taking action over the photo. But suppose my mate can anything at present. 

He's a law unto himself a little, the villages have actually opposed him talking at tonight's meeting lol 

ITV news said this morning there were over 200 objections, artistic reporting that, about 5 people account for a good number of the letters.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Odds on it will be deferred for one of further investigation/analysis/consultation etc.

It's unlikely it will be deferred a decision will be made one way or another, this is the only item on the agenda, ie it's been specially convened, thye can sit there till midnight at the end of the day, but it's unlikely the club will accept refusal, and the villages won't find something to challenge it on.