Jump to content
Matt

Slimani to Newcastle on loan

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Slimani, another striker who failed to strike at Leicester City. Not missed at all.

No striker will succeed here while Vardy is scoring, or even just playing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Yeah after three games played, a bad game where he was completely isolated and two where he was instrumental in the winning goals.

 

As fickle as some here.

You’re right he has overall had a decent impact so far there and one bad game apparently changes everything. I know a few Newcastle fans who have been impressed with him. All strikers rely on good service and Vardy has had games where he has had similar stats to the ones shown here and we always defend him for it. Slimani leaves us and he’s still a punchbag to lots of our fan base!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Amazes me the number of Slimani apologists that exist...

 

So many excuses made on his behalf it's mad!

Sporting had our pants down! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arguably still our second best number 9. Clearly better than Ulloa and Musa, and probably slightly better than Nacho. Happy to keep him if no one puts a decent bid in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Amazes me the number of Slimani apologists that exist...

 

So many excuses made on his behalf it's mad!

Excuses is one thing, facts is another. People are stating facts, you can have your opinion and think he hasn't quality, but facts are facts and you can't get around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What with Slimani, Musa and Mendy...wtf were we doing that summer?!

In hindsight it does look a shambles

 

But they were all excelling at decent European clubs at the time

And we couldnt even get Deeney to come to us. I think poor old Rudders gets a bit too much stick. Probably because he looks like such a Milhouse

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brucey said:

Arguably still our second best number 9. Clearly better than Ulloa and Musa, and probably slightly better than Nacho. Happy to keep him if no one puts a decent bid in.

Erm? Vardy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Erm? Vardy? 

"second best"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apart from Mahrez, do you have any definite information on who's leaving?

No not at all, but it'll be a lot harder than some people think.

 

I've seen a lot on here talk about a big overhaul - there are a lot of players on very decent money - Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Okazaki, Benalouane aren't going to give up the money they've got here very easily and few other clubs will pay them what we do so I don't see this enormous overhaul that some are talking about on here.

 

Add to that James (who's got a contract till 2022 can you believe!) and Slimani (who we will be lucky to get rid of) that's 7 players it'll be hard to get rid of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I've seen a lot on here talk about a big overhaul - there are a lot of players on very decent money - Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Okazaki, Benalouane aren't going to give up the money they've got here very easily and few other clubs will pay them what we do so I don't see this enormous overhaul that some are talking about on here.

I don't see any of them leaving this summer, apart from maybe Benny on loan. All 5 of those players have only one year left on their contracts. They'll either be released or get a one season extension next summer, depending on the quality of our bench at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

No not at all, but it'll be a lot harder than some people think.

 

I've seen a lot on here talk about a big overhaul - there are a lot of players on very decent money - Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Okazaki, Benalouane aren't going to give up the money they've got here very easily and few other clubs will pay them what we do so I don't see this enormous overhaul that some are talking about on here.

 

Add to that James (who's got a contract till 2022 can you believe!) and Slimani (who we will be lucky to get rid of) that's 7 players it'll be hard to get rid of.

Agreed though I think of Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs, Okazaki, James, Ihanacho as next years bench and B team performers in cup games. I’d be happy with that if we replaced all those positions with new blood (LWB RWB CH 10 and a Mahrez replacement.)

 

Slim will I think want to go anywhere but back to City and we’ll offload.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2018 at 08:58, MC Prussian said:

See to it that he gets a proper pre-season under his belt, assess his situation in the summer, then decide whether it's worth keeping him or sending him out on loan again or finding a suitable buyer's club.

I’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not going to cut it here. Surely you have too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Amazing bit of petulance today.

 

Except it is him, so not that amazing.

 

Ban incoming.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

 

Amazing bit of petulance today.

 

Except it is him, so not that amazing.

 

Ban incoming.

 

 

Looks like he doesn't really want to play anywhere, not just for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×